HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:58 PM
Another one on the way...
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,359 Posts
I hear you, man. My dog died in my arms. Not getting another one. Sorry, Andy.
ysolomon is offline Find More Posts by ysolomon
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:16 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,655 Posts
Andy,
My heart goes out to ya for the loss of Boney.

We lost our Yorky, "Dino" after 14 years, a few months back.

Gary
efflux RC is online now Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:59 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,296 Posts
Very sorry for your loss Andy.

Lost this guy, Buddy, a year ago and it still hurts, but boy did we have a great 16 years together...
Sammy70 is online now Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:55 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,061 Posts
sorry to hear that wingman...losing pets is no fun.
hang in there!
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:41 AM
Banzai Institute
United States, NY, West Seneca
Joined Oct 2005
542 Posts
I am sorry for you Falcon. I feel your pain. I am partial to cats too. Most won't understand that. Nothing wrong with the tears bud. I've been there.

Dean
buckaroo is offline Find More Posts by buckaroo
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:04 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
I Lost one of the crew yesterday...."Boney" passed away unexpectedly last night. He was with me through every build and was my best friend. The house seems so empty tonight. He was one of a kind and I will miss him dearly.

I know I am a grown man but yesterday and today I cry like a baby.
Sorry to hear that. I know the feeling lost my Lab Sheba 4 months ago. My house still isn't the same.
Mike
mike2663 is offline Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:06 AM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,381 Posts
Losing a pet is like losing family, I am very sorry to hear about that Falcon.
Reco is online now Find More Posts by Reco
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:23 AM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,409 Posts
I know you pain. When my boys were younger we had a German Shepard that was there best friend and mine, too. We had to put him down due to an enlagerd heart, he had only days left. Had to be one of the toughest things I ever have done. Even now, 25 yrs later, as I write this, it still chokes me up.

Even the toughest of men, wimper at the loss of there beloved pet.
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:02 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
sorry for your loss Andy. you know, some people will say they're just animals, but to those that love them, they are as much a member of the family as your wife, your kids, etc, etc. in essence, they are your extended kids and it hurts just as much to lose them. no matter what kind of day you've had, no matter how much they've pissed you off, no matter what, they remain loyal, always coming to give a friendly lick or a hug. they say cats and dogs are fairly dumb, but I've always thought the exact same as John Tesh was saying on the radio a few weeks ago......................a study was done and it turns out that they do show empathy towards humans, particularly dogs. that tells you that they have emotional feelings as much as we do. it also explains why they become just as depressed when they lose a human companion, as we when we lose them. I know I would be heartbroken if I lost my Parrot, my dogs, my Ferrets, or my cat. yeah, I'm a sucker for anything that breaths and isn't human. LOL.

you aren't alone and you don't have to be alone. as you can see, there's plenty on here who feel the same way, so if there's ever a time when you feel more alone, just come on here and we'll cheer you up.

Rich
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:31 PM
Capt. Z
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2004
2,568 Posts
Thank you soo much guys for all the kind words and thoughts. You don't know how much it's appreciated.

I put together a little tribute video to my little buddy who did things to make me laugh until my side hurt. He stood by as I sanded and shaped airplanes on the living room floor, and would look at the concoctions I would create and then look at me straight in the eye as if to say yeah papa looks good, I think it will fly. He had the a knack for right in the middle of an epoxy hold when both hands were busy holding parts for that long 4 minutes until the glue set he would look at me and asked to be picked up and held..somehow I found a third hand to pick him up and hold him close on the left shoulder were he love to be until the glue set. ..I will miss him and every time i think of him a smile will most assuredly cross my face.

Thanks you so much guys for obliging me on this side track to this thread. Boney was soo much apart of my T-38 build...I don't have many friends in this world but when I felt the sting of loosing my best friend I knew I had to let my friends know on the great T-38 build thread who are also Boney's friend.

Andy

Boney's song (1 min 38 sec)
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Last edited by falcon5; Dec 16, 2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:44 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
sounds like your T-38 could use some nose art, or tail art, or some sort of art on the plane. who says it has to be totally scale?
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:24 PM
Yank Pilot
United States, CO, Hotchkiss
Joined Oct 2006
1,670 Posts
My feelings are with you, Andy. Our 5 cats are our family. Take care.

Randy
Pilatuspc12 is offline Find More Posts by Pilatuspc12
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:06 AM
F-OFF
Joined Mar 2007
1,056 Posts
Sorry to hear about your little one! We lost our Tuggy to cancer several months ago she was a huge part of our life.

Shane. M.
imyohero is offline Find More Posts by imyohero
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:41 PM
Have Fun! Land, Sea or Air
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jul 2006
1,356 Posts
My prayers are with you falcon. I know what you are going through.. been there myself.
jetcaptain is offline Find More Posts by jetcaptain
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:43 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,709 Posts
so sorry for your loss, our friend of 12 years died earlier this year...even with 3 young kids it was apparent something was missing in the house
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771