HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:18 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,566 Posts
Woo hooo! Good news Brent.
I'd love to come see the remaiden. Please let me know when your heading out to the willow.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:39 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,162 Posts
Great news Nut! I know it will wind up better than before and please remaiden at some place that does not have wire cables or swamp.

Andy,
Sorry to hear about yours, it was a beautiful piece of work and flew as well as it looked. Looking forward to your next build.

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:54 PM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
Cool wingman.. flyable by the end of the year will be sweet!! keep us posted on your progress and when your ready for a re maiden let me know I will drive down and check it out.

Yeah guys the more I inspected my T-38 after it took a tour of the enchanted forest I decided I could better use the equipment in another project.

I will be keeping track of Brent's bird and all the grand kids that are born on the other thread though
Falcon I always hate to hear that but totally understand it. I hope you start he Typhoon thread real soon. I am ready for another wild ride.
Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:04 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,609 Posts
Button willow is where it should have been done in the first place 4,000 ft runway ,and a lot of open space it's where most of the turbine guys fly ,it is the site of Best in the west. good new ...he's been holding out on me
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:38 AM
United States, AK, Ketchikan
Joined Mar 2008
1,377 Posts
What's this other project? Saw a couple people mention another thread but looking in this forum, I couldn't figure out which one.
bdshort is offline Find More Posts by bdshort
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:44 AM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdshort View Post
What's this other project? Saw a couple people mention another thread but looking in this forum, I couldn't figure out which one.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1672388
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:04 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,609 Posts
C/N did you get anything done on the 38 ?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:01 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,762 Posts
yeah, i got the stabs off, and stripped all the paint off the fuse. i was taking decals off, when i noticed the paint was peeling off when you got underneath it. so, i proceeded to peel all the paint off lol. got pretty much all of it without much damage at all. not sure why the paint didnt stick. weird. so anywho, the plan is to have it all repaired before christmas vacation so we can go fly this puppy. i might need you to mail that motor back to ejf for me eh.
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:59 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
yeah, i got the stabs off, and stripped all the paint off the fuse. i was taking decals off, when i noticed the paint was peeling off when you got underneath it. so, i proceeded to peel all the paint off lol. got pretty much all of it without much damage at all. not sure why the paint didnt stick. weird. so anywho, the plan is to have it all repaired before christmas vacation so we can go fly this puppy. i might need you to mail that motor back to ejf for me eh.
Two words... Primer

- B
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:39 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,762 Posts
it has some rattle can on it, probably why. another problem was that i wiped it down with IPA and probably didnt let it completely flash before i started shooting. as soon as it looked dry i started, because i was in a hurry. i dont want to add any more primer, thats 2lbs more weight on a model this size.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:32 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
7,941 Posts
How many spray cans of white did you go thru?
Knife Liddle is offline Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:18 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,762 Posts
i used rattle can for the primer. about 6-7 cans, and that was just a light coat haha.

i used a epoxy based chemical proof paint for the top coat, its a deft product
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:37 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,162 Posts
Great to hear your making good progress son. So glad it was repairable.

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:05 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
who do i send it to ? do i need to put a note in with it explaining what you think is wrong ...PM me
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:22 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,609 Posts
i was on the hammerhead today launching our bird ....2 38"s were in the pattern doing touch and goes. i would say that falcons bird looked pretty scale