SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:13 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jan 2006
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
Justa super human effort by two talonted builders / pilots,I can speak for Brent he really tried hard he so exhusted right now.these guys deserve a lot of credit,they really pushed the envelope.both air frames flew very stable.the sheer logistics of these planes is akin to a home built aircraft. 3 cheers to Andy and Brent
Amen to that!!!
skyracer068 is offline Find More Posts by skyracer068
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:41 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,691 Posts
soooooo freakin sorry bout that guys...proof that foam based EDFs can scale, fly and look really good and be light.

I pray the damage is repairable...
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:25 AM
SHINDENBOY
ATHENS
Joined Feb 2007
138 Posts
Sooo SORRY my friends....
But i'm not afraid, you will be back soon!!!!!YOUR HANDS ARE GOLD!!!
argyris is offline Find More Posts by argyris
Last edited by argyris; Oct 13, 2012 at 04:52 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:04 AM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,360 Posts
Well thats not a field repairable accident . Thats OK guys you both deserve applause... I hope when you guys get home that you repair them and give us the honor of watching them fly post crash. I still wish I could have been there, It still would have been worth it.
Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:04 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
Justa super human effort by two talonted builders / pilots,I can speak for Brent he really tried hard he so exhusted right now.these guys deserve a lot of credit,they really pushed the envelope.both air frames flew very stable.the sheer logistics of these planes is akin to a home built aircraft. 3 cheers to Andy and Brent
I couldn't have said it any better.

Mike
mike2663 is offline Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:19 AM
Banzai Institute
United States, NY, West Seneca
Joined Oct 2005
541 Posts
Quote:
3 cheers to Andy and Brent
+1

Thanks guy's for being pioneers for us all. In the end it was the electronics. Your airframes were solid.

Dean
buckaroo is offline Find More Posts by buckaroo
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:36 AM
Just an Earth bound misfit - I
Canada, ON, L'Orignal
Joined Nov 2010
1,096 Posts
Andy, Nut - you guys are packing a serious pair. There's no way us mere mortals would have the balls to take on a project that size, in such a compressed time frame, with 1/2 the RC world watching AND then fly them at a major event such as Vegas with the other 1/2 of the RC world watching. When we talk about guys with "the right stuff" you guys are at the top of the list.

Just wanted to say thanks, from all of us, for sharing your experience and bringing us along for the ride.
vanderbrander is offline Find More Posts by vanderbrander
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:52 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Yes indeed, thanks for sharing this remarkable project. After all your hard work and success in creating those beautiful models it must have been gut wrenching to see then go in like that, heck just seeing the photos made me groan.
kgfly is online now Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:01 AM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
7,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderbrander View Post
Andy, Nut - you guys are packing a serious pair. There's no way us mere mortals would have the balls to take on a project that size, in such a compressed time frame, with 1/2 the RC world watching AND then fly them at a major event such as Vegas with the other 1/2 of the RC world watching. When we talk about guys with "the right stuff" you guys are at the top of the list.

Just wanted to say thanks, from all of us, for sharing your experience and bringing us along for the ride.
So true. You guys have my total respect. Well done!

We are always at the mercy of the power system, especially when there is a very confined LZ with only rough ground outside of that. On the lake bed both jets would have been fine.
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:04 AM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
7,999 Posts
What we need is a 1/4th scale airport.
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:22 AM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,201 Posts
You really had to see them in person to see how what an outstanding job my two friends have done with these birds. Had they been at a dry lake bed both would have survived with NO damage.
Just the guts to fly them at this restricted area is noteworthy. These guys are so talented, I can't wait to see what they come up with next. And their flying skills are something we all strive for.
Hats off to them, both birds looked beautiful in the sky and it made all of us sad to see the outcome that was unavoidable due to problems beyond their control.

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:26 AM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,360 Posts
GREMLINS!!!!! I hate them little basta*ds.........
Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:12 AM
Carbon fiber is our friend
United States, CA, Lodi
Joined Feb 2001
4,208 Posts
Sorry to hear about this guys. This sort of thing just sucks the life out of you, but hopefully you'll look at it in a few days and say, "I've fixed worse"

They sure looked good
Steve C is offline Find More Posts by Steve C
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:33 PM
My Lipo is Bigger than Yours!
Chesterfield,Missouri
Joined Sep 2003
495 Posts
Hate to hear this,you guys did incredible jobs and these Talons were beautiful.Hope you both get them back in the air,you have brought a lot of joy to all of us that have enjoyed your builds and flight videos!
gjmjoe017 is offline Find More Posts by gjmjoe017
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:53 PM
Swat Team Member
LV, NV
Joined Apr 2003
623 Posts
T-38's at Ace in the Hole 2012

Both jets are damaged, and can be repaired.

Las Vegas Ace In The Hole T-38's (11 min 39 sec)

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
P. Richards is offline Find More Posts by P. Richards