to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:23 AM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
OH MY Gosh ...i just went and saw C/N's 38what a awsome thing Andy and C/N have done these things are going to be famous once the word gets out . sweet build .for scratch build project ...i think the fans are about the scale size of a real J-85 ...Vegas is going to be cool guys do what ever you can to get there ...and bring camera
I bet your real pround of him and feeling ten feet tall...
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
man, i cant wait! a huge part of me wants to wait for friday so andy can be there, another huge part of me just wants to fly the damned thing! haha
I will be with you in spirit wing man..Fly that baby!!!
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:16 AM
Retired and Lovin' it!
United States, KY, Sturgis
Joined Jul 2007
2,482 Posts
Man, I wish I could be there. I tried to figure a way but it just ain't in the cards.

Tony
tpfing is online now Find More Posts by tpfing
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:38 AM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,075 Posts
CN - Super impressed bro. What a build, and in record time too. You might be so wiped out after the event and adrenalin wares off I think you'll have your building bug satisfied for a few months, eh?

Once again, GREAT WORK!

Andy, your jet has really been an inspiration, hasn't it! Looking forward to seeing you guys "virtually" at the AITH event.

Tailwinds!! (except for takeoffs and landings and such...)
Eddie P is online now Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:56 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,542 Posts
Hey wingman I like your aluminum tape burner cans and seeing yours I also realized my setup was not extending far enough to the rudder so I extended them a little and used some aluminum tape on the cans but I don't have the skills yet to get a good result with coumpound curves so I stayed with paint from the cans to the rudder. Nothing like yours but I think it looks a little better than it did befor.

Now I have a two tone back end burner section
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:57 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,581 Posts
that looks great dude
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:19 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
7,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
Hey wingman I like your aluminum tape burner cans and seeing yours I also realized my setup was not extending far enough to the rudder so I extended them a little and used some aluminum tape on the cans but I don't have the skills yet to get a good result with coumpound curves so I stayed with paint from the cans to the rudder. Nothing like yours but I think it looks a little better than it did befor.

Now I have a two tone back end burner section

I love these birds. I`m all about the stand-off scale thing. Build `em to fly`em. No hanger queens in my squadron.
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:02 AM
Deutschland, BW, Friedrichshafen
Joined Dec 2001
865 Posts
Wou awesome, looking forward to some flight pic.
regards Martin
MaHö is offline Find More Posts by MaHö
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:37 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,581 Posts
stabs and rudder hooked up and installed! tomorrow ill final install the nose gear, hook up sterring cables, then install the wing mounts. ops check the gear, flight controls and set throws ect. also need to install gear air valve and servo. no biggie. then its on to power system final install. i have to go to work on tues, but i think ill have it mechanically done by tues night. wed ill do a little weathering, and then start packin for vegas.

man, i hope this pile flies lol.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:33 AM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,078 Posts
man, i hope this pile flies lol."

I know that feeling exactly!

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:29 AM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,542 Posts
Sounds like your almost there dude...I am trying to think of anything I learned on mine...oh yeah...put a good amount of expo on the nose gear steering. On mine if too sensitive on steering it's really telegraphed due to the long distance from mains to nose and she looks like she is all over the place without expo.

As discused adjust your expectations on how your model airplanes accelerate and fly. After 5 flights I still don't have it down yet with mine. Even on takeoff roll she looks like she's not really doing much but she really is. I took my Hawk out yesterday and it seems like it's shot out of a canon on takoff compared to the T-38 but yet the T-38 is actualy traveling faster. (scale effect) Maybe use the first charge to just do runs up and down the runway to really feel how she handels. You can feel the energy 42 pounds in motion delivers. The many high speed runs I did before maiden helped me allot.

I know you don't suffer from landing zone syndrome like I do but I am mentally telling myself to touchdown close to the approach end of the runway. For some reason I tend to touch down close to where I am standing, and in Vegas that is around the halfway point on the runway.... If I do that I just wasted half the runway.

Enjoy the maiden, once airborne she is sooo stable and docile you will really enjoy the flight. The first low pass will give you a grin from ear to ear.

I just double checked my CG last night (9.5") and after lifting it I STILL can't believe this plane fly's sooo nice at this weight. Enjoy!!!
Last edited by falcon5; Oct 08, 2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:46 AM
Swat Team Member
LV, NV
Joined Apr 2003
620 Posts
WoW

It's amazing what two master craftsman can do, thank both of you guys for bringing us along for the ride...

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
P. Richards is offline Find More Posts by P. Richards
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:16 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,581 Posts
nose gear final installed.little gear door hooked uo. steering hooked up. air valve installed and air system just about done testing. then final install tank and valve. i should be doing power tests by this afternoon.i might accually get some sleep wed night lol. of course ill be so exited i might not be able to sleep anyways lol
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:41 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
Brent,

Been busy, awfully tired, but so needed to chime in and say, wow! What a great job you did on your airframe, I just love it. That is quite a differance in weight from your Electrolyte, huh? (Size too LOL.) Good luck and I hope you own and fly this one for the rest of time!

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:41 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
Brent,

Some magic double post kinda thing just happened. Guess the big Boss wanted you to get double atta-boys!

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B