Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:49 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,774 Posts
i got it all together to show the guys at work. so far, the response is good lol. my first time with decals and landing gear in. you dont notice blemishes because you have to stand a good 10 ft away to look at the whole thing lol. the stance on the ground is just about perfect. still a number of visual details to finish, then its just servo install, final CG and power plant checks. got alot of work to do this weekend
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:53 PM
Fly more Foam
United States, IN, Sellersburg
Joined Jun 2004
848 Posts
Heys guys, those shirts are great so please get pics of both planes AND with the shirts all in one shot! That would be a real gem.
Have fun and CN, good luck on your maiden. Wow!!!! 10kw, that thing will go supersonic wont it!
sam51401 is online now Find More Posts by sam51401
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:16 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,774 Posts
10kw sounds like alot, unless the model is 12 ft long and 42 lbs, then it just sounds mediocre lol

yeah, after staring at it for a hour or so on its legs today, it just has that look. im super pleased with the overall outcome of the model, even if theres lots of blems up close...

andy, how long were your takeoff runs?
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:30 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,614 Posts
good deal pack her up
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:46 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
andy, how long were your takeoff runs?
Well I am guessing but I would say you will be airborn in half the distance of the Vegas runway. Vegas is around 700 feet so lets say around 350 feet take off distance + or - 50 feet. I will review the videos to make sure. Without flaps I found my climb outs after rotaion were a little shallow, with flap she climbs like a home sick angel..

On my last two flights I found retracting flaps about midfield downwind was just right.
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:12 PM
United States, CA, Lancaster
Joined Jan 2009
1,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
i got it all together to show the guys at work. so far, the response is good lol. my first time with decals and landing gear in. you dont notice blemishes because you have to stand a good 10 ft away to look at the whole thing lol. the stance on the ground is just about perfect. still a number of visual details to finish, then its just servo install, final CG and power plant checks. got alot of work to do this weekend
p901P901 is offline Find More Posts by p901P901
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:15 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,614 Posts
yeah not the best place to do a madien ...but at least the runway is nice ...plenty wide and long just wish the swamp trees were trimmed back a bit . i bet there protected and cant be trimmed.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:43 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,774 Posts
all ready for the trip home i got the afterburners in, and the little piece that connects them on the top. also made my tail pipes, and did a number of other small tasks before i got her ready to come home. ive got some work to do this weekend!

dont worry phil, we took a few pics for ya!
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:25 AM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
I sat down and had a talk with my T-38 today and explained he has a long lost twin brother. Separated at birth but were born from the same stack of blue foam in Bishop Ca.
I told him he was going to meet his twin brother next weekend and he was very excited.
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:49 AM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
I sat down and had a talk with my T-38 today and explained he has a long lost twin brother. Separated at birth but were born from the same stack of blue foam in Bishop Ca.
I told him he was going to meet his twin brother next weekend and he was very excited.

We want pics as soon as you get home Nut!!!!!!!!!

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:06 AM
Fly more Foam
United States, IN, Sellersburg
Joined Jun 2004
848 Posts
Family Reunion

Quote:
Family reunions are great! Im sure they will get along together just fine. Let them know that some other family siblings may surface later on,........from the other side of the family, the white foam side!!!!

Dont know what side of the tracks they are from but will see.
sam51401 is online now Find More Posts by sam51401
Last edited by sam51401; Oct 05, 2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:45 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,614 Posts
Good one Sam ....i cant wait to get started.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:08 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,774 Posts
made it home safely! thanks to my buddy glen who helped me load everything. it fits in my wifes car......BARELY lol

pics later.....
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:14 PM
Tow Dog.
United States, CO, Hotchkiss
Joined Oct 2006
1,667 Posts
Quote:
Boy, Andy,

That desert air does some strange things to ones way of thinking!

Randy
Pilatuspc12 is offline Find More Posts by Pilatuspc12
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:45 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,157 Posts
Strange thoughts!
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake