HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:33 PM
United States, VA, Suffolk
Joined Nov 2007
1,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
a subie is my subaru WRX,wife melted 2 pistons,so im rebuilding the motor
Melted the pistons??? That normally doesn't happen unless boost is upped with some non stock timing settings. Did you build your wife a hot rod subie?
jhaywood is offline Find More Posts by jhaywood
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:26 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,161 Posts
i was using her car to go flying.....i do have a manule boost control ...she was pulling a hill in 5th gear...with four other ladies in the car .....yaking ....when it loaded down it made a ton of boost ...pinged and then seezed up ...after the flat bed to home ,it cooled off and it started but was knocking.....i drove it another 1000 miles and tore it down .....2 pistons had crushed ring lands,and some signs of melting
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:06 PM
Capt. Z
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2004
2,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
extra set of 8000's to use!!!! sweeeeet!!!! thanks Z man! i tried looking for those, i dont think they sell them anymore. you use 6mm connectors right?
Oh snap!! That set of 8000's are 10S witch was my original setup. I later got one set of Nano's for the 12S setup I fly with now.

I did order two 2S 8000's to get the two 10S rigs up to 12S though but will require a wiring harnes to get all the batts hooked up together.

I use EC5 connectors but I figure we can solder 6mm on there if you need to.

Are you ready for the weight of the batts.....brace yourself now... .11.5 pounds. Thats four 5s Zippy 8000's and two 2s 8000's You may be about 5 pounds heavier AUW going with the 8000's but you are surly welcome to use them.

If so drop in the mail 4 sets of 6mm connectors you use and I will solder em up for ya. Better yet maybe I should mail the batts to you so you can use them to CG the bird.
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Last edited by falcon5; Sep 19, 2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:22 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,742 Posts
well, however you want to do it. 5000's are about 8-8.25 lbs for the lot. so about 3 lbs less.

they would certainly yield awesome speed, and flight time.
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:30 PM
Capt. Z
Joined Dec 2004
2,654 Posts
Kirshhh ( radio crackle) roger that..will ship em out to ya by the end of the week.

Vegas event must be getting close, on my daily morning walks/jogs I have been going over the manouver list for the two Talons in my head. Other jogers must be seeing me manouvering my hands in the air and wondering what's this guy's probblem.

I was thinking about the count down for who ever calls the current manouver we are about to do. I was thinking maybe the manouver is executed on the name of the manouver we are doing. So example. If we are going to do a roll the caller will say 3, 2, 1, roll and we move the sticks to start the roll on the word roll not the number 1. Whatcha think.
Last edited by falcon5; Sep 19, 2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:37 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Now I don't know anything about the sort of flying you are planning, but it seems to me it might be useful to include direction, for example "3, 2, 1, roll left"
kgfly is online now Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:51 PM
Capt. Z
Joined Dec 2004
2,654 Posts
The direction will be known ahead of time.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:55 PM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
Kirshhh ( radio crackle) roger that..will ship em out to ya by the end of the week.

Vegas event must be getting close, on my daily morning walks/jogs I have been going over the manouver list for the two Talons in my head. Other jogers must be seeing me manouvering my hands in the air and wondering what's this guy's probblem.

I was thinking about the count down for who ever calls the current manouver we are about to do. I was thinking maybe the manouver is executed on the name of the manouver we are doing. So example. If we are going to do a roll the caller will say 3, 2, 1, roll and we move the sticks to start the roll on the word roll not the number 1. Whatcha think.
DAMIT I wish I could be there.
Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:36 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,161 Posts
i think you should say roll left...3,2,1, roll .....that way you know whats coming,one guy may think loop the other roll. just my 2 cents ...im sure just a flight together would be good enough,these bird are big and took a lot of effort to build.
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:37 PM
Retired and Lovin' it!
United States, KY, Sturgis
Joined Jul 2007
2,559 Posts
Falcon, Just thinking it through, wouldn't it be best to call the maneuver then count down. Example: Rolling left 3 2 1 ROLL with a definite cadence to the call.

Tony
TPfingston is online now Find More Posts by TPfingston
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: North Las Vegas 1971
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:06 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
I wonder what the full-scale close formation display pilots do...other than practice a lot? Is there a flight leader that calls the manouvres as they go or is it all just so well rehearsed that they leave the channel quiet unless there is a problem?
kgfly is online now Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:07 PM
United States, CA, Lancaster
Joined Jan 2009
1,284 Posts
p901P901 is online now Find More Posts by p901P901
Last edited by p901P901; Sep 19, 2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:19 PM
Capt. Z
Joined Dec 2004
2,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
i ...im sure just a flight together would be good enough,these bird are big and took a lot of effort to build.
Words of a wise man..we should deffinetly take it real easy..nothin' fancy,, lots of gap between the birds.
Last edited by falcon5; Sep 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:24 PM
Retired and Lovin' it!
United States, KY, Sturgis
Joined Jul 2007
2,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly View Post
I wonder what the full-scale close formation display pilots do...other than practice a lot? Is there a flight leader that calls the manouvres as they go or is it all just so well rehearsed that they leave the channel quiet unless there is a problem?
Actually, the Blue Angels and the T-birds use a system pretty much like I described plus one hell of a lot of practice. But Lead (#1) calls every maneuver. #5 & #6 do their own calls except when their in the main formation.

Tony
TPfingston is online now Find More Posts by TPfingston
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: North Las Vegas 1971
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:22 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,863 Posts
I would have thought everyone interested in aircraft would have seen the documentarys of the blue Angles. They are a must see. Covers everything, selecting new members, training, all of it. And tpfing is correct, lead calls cadence, and voice inflection is key to mantain perfect formation.
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake