Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:07 PM
Mister Fear
USA, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
Hi Ace, We look forward to seeing you there.

Here is a teaser video of last year. This is just a short version of Corsair Nut and I wringing out a few EDF's and John Morgans masterpieces, but there are plenty of electric planes to be seen at the Ace in the Hole event.

https://vimeo.com/30655541
Ah yeah now I remember...

I shot some good photos last year.
Mr Pheer is offline Find More Posts by Mr Pheer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:30 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,488 Posts
oh man! do you have more f my kfir? thats a wicked shot!
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Sep 15, 2012, 07:02 PM
Mister Fear
USA, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
oh man! do you have more f my kfir? thats a wicked shot!

Yes, of course. I even have the one of you shooting down the passenger jet.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 07:56 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,425 Posts
why punish yourself brent .... great shots some really good photogs always show up at vegas
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:35 PM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Sweet Kfir Nut!!! w.
Waltjg is offline Find More Posts by Waltjg
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:43 AM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,007 Posts
Wing Nut Eye Candy in the purest form. The Kfir is like the A-4 and the F-4. It's so ugly it's insanely awesome in a fantastic way.
Eddie P is offline Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:41 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,488 Posts
thanks eddie, some day ill scratch build a really scale one.

you coming to vegas this year?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:05 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,540 Posts
Too funny. My mom just sent me this old photo she found in a box. It's me and my dad 33 years ago at an r/c airplane club banquette The trophy on the right was for most improved junior and the left is 9th place for something I don't remember what. I was 15 years old. LOL..
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:49 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,425 Posts
sweet times right there
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:00 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,488 Posts
i think its safe to say you look nothing like your dad.......not! holy cow!

ps, those curls are in style these days lol

very cool z!
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:41 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,540 Posts
Yeah it was the 70's LOL...

Here is another one my mom found..man the memories..Back in the 80's the local paper came up to the control tower I was working at in Illinoise and was doing a story about the airport and the controllers. We weren't talking to any airplanes at the time but they wanted an action shot for the paper so they told us to act like we were doing something. My buddy Scott grabed the light gun and I grabe the mic and pointed to thin air..
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:17 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,007 Posts
Awesome times! I love the old pics.

CN, I can't come to Vegas, I'm working on those days unfortunately. The plan was to do BITW the weekend prior. However it's going to be a race. I just boxed up my Supersport engine and all the goodies (it was painful to dis-assemble my fresh re-assembly work with all new fuel lines and upgraded installation setup). So I sent it all to Indiana to Wren's USA shop to be given the once over. Reason is - the turbine wheel contacted the case today on start because I was a little too rich on gas (propane) flow during start. So the turbine heated up too fast and expanded too quickly, zero tolerance in these things. The case and the inlet guide vane fixed stator could not expand as fast and SCREEEECH! Stopped motor resulted... right when it started sounding all magic like it does... and me with mouth wide open completely suprised. What followed was what looked like a gas grill cookout in the turbine bay by the exhaust, just before the stainless steel thrust pipe. I was quick on the leaf blower in one had and the CO2 in the other and I got the fire out in one nano second so no other damage at all but what I'm amazed at is Wren told me the engine is probably just fine - let her cool and start again. Being that I'm chicken I'm sending it in to be checked and I'm ponying up for a Kero Start upgrade. Plus, if I did loose a couple thousandths of an inch on the turbine wheel they can fix her up like new and I won't be flying around shy a half a pound of thrust. I don't want it to just run... I want it to run strong. No more gas fiddling if I can help it too. Kero start is much better, simpler and easier now so I hope I can swing the upgrade.

So that is why I'm not even sure if I'll make BITW. If I can get my engine back in time, installed and test run, then I'll go. If not, I'll be throwing a raging pre- Halloween party to make up for it!!

Anyhow, I wish I could make Vegas but it's not "in the cards" for me.
Eddie P is offline Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eddie P; Sep 17, 2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:03 PM
Tow Dog.
United States, CO, Hotchkiss
Joined Oct 2006
1,651 Posts
Wow, Andy, you're famous!
Pilatuspc12 is offline Find More Posts by Pilatuspc12
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:02 AM
Mister Fear
USA, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
Yeah it was the 70's LOL...

Here is another one my mom found..man the memories..Back in the 80's the local paper came up to the control tower I was working at in Illinoise and was doing a story about the airport and the controllers. We weren't talking to any airplanes at the time but they wanted an action shot for the paper so they told us to act like we were doing something. My buddy Scott grabed the light gun and I grabe the mic and pointed to thin air..
Thats cool... I'm also an ex-ATC, a little more recent than your pic though, back in the late 90's.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:49 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,488 Posts
haha! thats awesome andy!