SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 02, 2012, 03:11 PM
My Lipo is Bigger than Yours!
Chesterfield,Missouri
Joined Sep 2003
495 Posts
Andy,I too have gotten bitten by the FPV bug and have gotten in touch with some FPV guys here in St.Louis.The GoPro videos are incredible and flying from the cockpit looks like a blast!The T38 has turned out awsome,keep posting pics and videos,we are all enjoying seeing such a beautiful model fly!!
gjmjoe017 is offline Find More Posts by gjmjoe017
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 04:58 PM
Capt. Z
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2004
2,655 Posts
A must see vid

This video is amazeing..it's flown with a quad copter and a gopro camera and the entire flight is flown with the guy wearing goggles sitting on his deck.. ..He fly's from 2000 ft over the guys house then he fly's through his living room at 2:00 . then fly's over his own head. Too cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fFH1...layer_embedded
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Last edited by falcon5; Sep 02, 2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:41 PM
Chesterfield,Missouri
Joined Sep 2003
495 Posts
This is the one that got me interested in FPV.Makes you want to go see Brazil!!
FPV - Flying over gorgeous Brazilian coast! (9 min 40 sec)

Very cool beaches!!
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:59 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,265 Posts
WOW ! awsome vid ...we get our butts sued off if we did that here ...makes me want to go to Brazil, very nice beaches.
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Sep 02, 2012, 06:17 PM
Capt. Z
Joined Dec 2004
2,655 Posts
Sweet!!!
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:45 PM
Another one on the way...
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,457 Posts
But you don't really care about that kind of FPV. What you want to do (with Corsair Nut) is (although, on a 30-40lb T38s):
StarSky. L-59. Ввод в строй. (12 min 56 sec)
ysolomon is online now Find More Posts by ysolomon
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:15 PM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmjoe017 View Post
This is the one that got me interested in FPV.Makes you want to go see Brazil!!
http://youtu.be/M5ZZtsYUobA
Very cool beaches!!
Awesome! Does anyone know what kind of equipment this guys was using? Looks compact and minimal and I like that.
Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:43 AM
Chesterfield,Missouri
Joined Sep 2003
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reco View Post
Awesome! Does anyone know what kind of equipment this guys was using? Looks compact and minimal and I like that.
No,but try www.readymaderc.com they have everything to get started and if you contact them can answer a lot of questions.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 05:38 PM
Another one on the way...
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,457 Posts
I am a fan of eagle tree equipment. Not too cheap, but you can find it at hobby king (even the USA warehouse) for a much lower price.
ysolomon is online now Find More Posts by ysolomon
Old Sep 03, 2012, 07:55 PM
Capt. Z
Joined Dec 2004
2,655 Posts
Well I did my first FPV flight today..prety cool, harder than it looks. I hand launched the plane, got it high enough then put the goggles on.. Funny feeling hearing the plane get farther and farther away until you can't hear it anymore. Then getting yourself in sight way in the distance on the ground and flying toward yourself and hearing the plane get louder and louder... I crused all around and got pretty high..No OSD on screen display yet..so I don't know how high I got but it seems like was way up there. My first goggle landing was OK,
I can see how it can be addicting.

It was fun buzzing myself
Last edited by falcon5; Sep 03, 2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:01 AM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
Well I did my first FPV flight today..prety cool, harder than it looks. I hand launched the plane, got it high enough then put the goggles on.. Funny feeling hearing the plane get farther and farther away until you can't hear it anymore. Then getting yourself in sight way in the distance on the ground and flying toward yourself and hearing the plane get louder and louder... I crused all around and got pretty high..No OSD on screen display yet..so I don't know how high I got but it seems like was way up there. My first goggle landing was OK,
I can see how it can be addicting.

It was fun buzzing myself
Falcon where did you get you FPV equipment? What OSD? Looks awesome I want to get into FPV I would like to hear a little more on what your going to use.
Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:08 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,265 Posts
it looks lonely where you fly Andy ,
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:09 AM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Very cool Andy, this is really interesting to me too... w.
Waltjg is offline Find More Posts by Waltjg
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:42 AM
Capt. Z
Joined Dec 2004
2,655 Posts
LOL, yea Rodger I can definetly say I live in the middle of nowhere There was one other guy in town who flew r/c but he dosn't fly much anymore. The nearest flying club is Vegas at 210 miles, Soo yeah, sniff, sniff, I am all alone out here..wipe a tear...

It's a great airplane proving ground though. The really big dry lake bed 7 miles north of Tonopah, has some history. The Tonopah airport manager has some great stories about test pilots with F-104's doing wild stuff out there.

FPV equipment used is the Foxtech AIO goggles, Cyclops Nova OSD, Sony 720 camera, Vidio and radio can't be the same so I fly on 72mhz, and video is on 2.4 ghz,

Yea Walt, FPV seems like it could be pretty fun. As soon as I figure it out a little more I will pass along what I learn.