Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:58 PM
United States, CA, Lancaster
Joined Jan 2009
1,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
Thanks guys.!! Well a few house keeping items to take of and the 38 will soon get the stamp of DONE!!
So after your done WHAT NEXT .
p901P901 is offline Find More Posts by p901P901
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:23 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltjg View Post
HEYYYYYY,,,, where'd that video go Andy???? I enjoyed that was going to watch it again and send the link to a couple of friends !!!!! We want that video back!! Let's hear it back back back.... w
Hi Walt,

Video editer acting up tryed to tweek it a little..still not quite right but here ya go.

T 38 roll out 3 (2 min 28 sec)
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:33 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p901P901 View Post
So after your done WHAT NEXT .

Goal is to fly this T-38 from the cockpit with a full heads up display, airspeed, altimeter, heading, and head tracking.. wearing these goofy goggles
I will start slow though and my first cockpit flights will be with a light foamy.

I got the OSD or on screen display electronics (heads up display) in the mail the other day.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:38 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlumberJohn View Post
Is it possible to get a picture of the bottom of the aircraft. That is a bottom view I could use to scale for a build I've been getting ready for?
Thanks,
John
Hi John, the only pic I have is way back during construction..nose to tail is 12 feet. Let me see what I can do about getting a newer one..
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:53 PM
Have Fun! Land, Sea or Air
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jul 2006
1,354 Posts
Quote:
Goal is to fly this T-38 from the cockpit with a full heads up display, airspeed, altimeter, heading, and head tracking.. wearing these goofy goggles
I will start slow though and my first cockpit flights will be with a light foamy.

I got the OSD or on screen display electronics (heads up display) in the mail the other day.
Falcon,

What is the brand name of the setup you bought? I've been interested in trying this myself someday.
jetcaptain is offline Find More Posts by jetcaptain
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:11 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,514 Posts
nice vid falcon .....i like your crew ....that black cat needs some red markings ...he'd look just like a black 38 ...or SR
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:35 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,230 Posts
Quote:

Ya! Thats the next best thing to shrinking yourself to 12".
After losing sight of my planes close to the horizon or in the background, would love to have these too. All I would love to have is artificial horizon only.
Last edited by p901P901; Sep 02, 2012 at 02:35 AM.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:58 PM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2006
704 Posts
Nice vid Falcon, good luck in Vegas.
dpowellmeii is offline Find More Posts by dpowellmeii
Old Sep 02, 2012, 01:05 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,566 Posts
oh man, POV in cockpit cam during formation will be insane! plus, youll be able to fly some seriously sweet formation! speaking of which, heres some inspiration!

Thunderbirds T-38 Introduction (c.1974) (5 min 33 sec)

Thunderbirds T-38 (2 min 52 sec)
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Sep 02, 2012, 02:48 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,230 Posts
You need these patches for your flight jackets. Some Sheppard AFB badges http://www.sheppard.af.mil/arts/medi...ge=1&count=48:
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:45 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,230 Posts
Osd

Falcon is this your OSD?
T-38 FCF (6 min 18 sec)
Old Sep 02, 2012, 06:11 AM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,063 Posts
Great video of a beautiful aircraft!

J
J Morgan is online now Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:43 AM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,541 Posts
Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcaptain View Post
Falcon,

What is the brand name of the setup you bought? I've been interested in trying this myself someday.
Cyclops Nova OSD and the AIO goggles from Foxtech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
nice vid falcon .....i like your crew ....that black cat needs some red markings ...he'd look just like a black 38 ...or SR
Yeah good o'l "Chilly" the black cat..She got her name when I found her as a kitten freezing in a snow drift all alone.I tucked her in my coat warmed her up fed her, and well she's been with me ever since. Hangs out with me on every build. Saw dust, foam dust, dosn't mater, she is there getting dirty right with me, If the plane is outside she makes sure she goes too. Has a thing for carbon fiber rod..don't know why, If i take out a carbon rod she chases it and plays with it. Also canopy trimings, goes nuts for canopy trimings

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
oh man, POV in cockpit cam during formation will be insane! plus, youll be able to fly some seriously sweet formation!

[]
Yeah that would be awesome wingman.
Last edited by falcon5; Sep 02, 2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 01:17 PM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Andy, thanks for reposting the vid,,, very cool on the FPV,,, lots of practice before trying it out on this awesome bird though, I understand it's a real learning curve and ya wanta be on a buddy cord and setting down when you first start! Man, I'd love to try this, but it's really pricey still to do... but one day.... Cool cats, great crew you have there!!!!!!! w.
Waltjg is offline Find More Posts by Waltjg
Old Sep 02, 2012, 01:52 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,541 Posts
Yeah Walt watching youtube videos of these guys flying FPV is just amazing. My training program is beginning and I will start out with a light foamy, then move on to my Hawk, and if all is looking good then T-38. I look forward to 8 point rolls from the cockpit in my Hawk

I hooked up the head tracker this morning...man is that cool!!!Everywhere I look the camera smoothly looks there, I feel like I am in the cockpit.

Yeah a little spendy for some of the stuff, but looks like it's an initial purchase kind of thing and once you have the basics your good to go.; I also have to get a HAM radio license to be legal with some of the UHF stuff.
Last edited by falcon5; Sep 02, 2012 at 01:58 PM.