HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2012, 06:47 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyracer068 View Post
Now I know why mom likes you more there bro! Are these monsters going to be ready for Superfly?.

Yep, done by summer. Rodger is practicing up on his air show announcer voice ..

Goooooood Afternoooon !!!!!! direct your attention to the left as Brent and Andy form up for the calipsooooo paaaasss!!!! with "rock you like a huricane" by the Scorpions playing in the background.
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2012, 07:06 PM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
had to reglue a couple seams in the coke bottle section with gorilla glue today...set it out in the sun to dry..went back in the garage to work on a sabre....kids playing...walk around the corner...one of my sons is poking tons of holes in the bottom with a stick...ahh the joys of parenthood.

Bummer man!!!!! I don't even have to have kids around to get holed and dents in my planes!! . Like Andy said. Spackle
Waltjg is offline Find More Posts by Waltjg
Old Jan 06, 2012, 08:37 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,606 Posts
That is one thing you and your brother never did was wreck any of my flying planes ...once they were a carcass you played with what was left for hours...yep got to love kids .....that a pay back for taking my ground effects off the stang ...like andy said spackle is your friend.
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jan 06, 2012, 09:17 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,750 Posts
your never going to let that go are you?

while this has nothing to do with t38's it has everything to do with the passion of flying....check it out!

2008 Airshow Onboard Highlights (3 min 19 sec)
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jan 07, 2012, 05:49 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jan 2006
329 Posts
I have the "Best of the Scorpions" CD. I'll be there with my ghetto blaster and Lander T-33 if I get it finished.
skyracer068 is offline Find More Posts by skyracer068
Old Jan 07, 2012, 11:35 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,750 Posts
i kust started building my new t33...
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jan 07, 2012, 02:58 PM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Great video Brent! thanks for posting!!!! Get all them holes filled up yet? w.
Waltjg is offline Find More Posts by Waltjg
Old Jan 07, 2012, 03:01 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
Sounds Great Daryl.,, Keep us posted on your T-33.

Well I needed to change a few things in the forward fuselage. I made the mistake of making the cockpit dash and other items out of solid blue core..yeah I know what was I thinking, I put the cockpit tub on the scale and it weighed almost a pound. Sooo I tore out the solid stuff and made it all out of 6mm depron so all the panels and stuff are hollow like they should be. Now it's all feather light. I also did not like the nose hump as it was so I sanded it off and made a new one, needs a final sanding but I think this one will be acceptable.

Going out of town for a day or so but will start on the canopy frame and opening mechanism when I get back Sunday evening.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 03:27 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
These pics kind of crack me up. The back portion alone is taller than I am.

Can't put the front and back together and stand it up because the vault in the ceiling is only 10 feet high. Hmm never thought refering to an R/C plane that a 10 foot ceiling was to low to stand a plane up. Ahhh how times have changed.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 04:10 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,160 Posts
Man, that looks great Andy! But where the hell is all the foam dust?????
You are one neat housekeeper.

J
J Morgan is online now Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Jan 07, 2012, 04:21 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
[QUOTE=J Morgan;20351417 But where the hell is all the foam dust?????
You are one neat housekeeper.
J[/QUOTE]

Clean huh,..my vacuum had it's first therapy season with the shrink and I overheard something like "Well Doc, my owner is building a 12 foot long foam airplane in his living room and I am the only vacuum in the house... Doc immediately called secretary and said, clear my schedule and hold all my calls!!!!!!!!!...
I am not sure but I think they may be filling charges against me for cruelty to vacuums..

Shark vacuumes should use me as a commercial
Old Jan 07, 2012, 05:20 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jan 2006
329 Posts
A friend of mine was on a road trip in Florida back in the 90's, taking care of a airplane for a Discovery Wings episode. He spent his nights building a Goldberg Cub in the hotel room. For 2 weeks, he ducked out of the room early enough to miss the maid. He said the sanding dust and the razor plane shavings were everywhere. Right at the end of his stay, he was about to leave the hotel room, early enough to not be seen. As he opens his door, a very frail Asian lady is standing in front of his door. She pointed her finger at him and screamed " YOU ARE A BAD MAN" and walked away.

I was laughing so hard to hear him imitate her that I never heard the rest of the story.
skyracer068 is offline Find More Posts by skyracer068
Old Jan 07, 2012, 09:39 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,606 Posts
Talked to the XPS Guys at the AMA expo ....i think they have a power solution for these things
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jan 08, 2012, 01:38 AM
Mister Fear
USA, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
I was using spackle yesterday and thought:

Ahhh spackle my good friend, you are there for me when I bump my foam airplane against the wall as I move it from place to place, When the file slips out of my hand and mashes a gash in my creation, when the screw driver slips off the screw head and pokes a hole in the work I just spent 6 hours shaping Ahhh spackle my good friend where would I be without you. I propose a toast, what ever drink is your hand raise it high to our good friend...spackle
All of that, plus spackle is just a fun word to say.

Spackle. SPACKLE!
Mr Pheer is offline Find More Posts by Mr Pheer
Old Jan 08, 2012, 08:35 AM
Fly it like you STOL it!
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
4,003 Posts
This is looking really good, I might just have to build one. Smaller that is. I'm definitely not ready for one this big yet. I'm heading to the flying field today, gonna get some good flights in on my EVA Bipe...Which your t-38 could probably suck up with it's intakes

Spackle
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag