HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 04, 2012, 12:53 AM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
6,826 Posts
I've had my wait times with Spring air too, but never to the extent I've had with Robart But Spring Air products are indeed really good stuff when they finally ship. Boy - this is the hassle with this model airplane stuff - it's actually getting hands on the product that can be a hassle. I've had many "custom" parts made and they always take a lot longer to get than promised. Tough place to be - the T-38 being otherwise all ready to go. If it were me - and of course it's not so I'm just giving the 0.02... I'd give Bill another chance to get his stuff to the post office. The Spring Air stuff already ordered is a known entity, and will probably be the fastest path to airworthiness. Silly product delays and piece meal / one off component shipping sucks, it's the worst part of this hobby
Eddie P is offline Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2012, 01:02 AM
“Do it Right The First Time!”
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
4,439 Posts
Eddie P, I'm sure Andy will get his before my order from Robart!

I was warned, but I needed a 100* nose gear for my F-86F, and thet were the only ones that have one. Just glad I can get all the rest of the gear, struts, air kit, wheels from Tower.
CoolerByTheLake is online now Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Jul 04, 2012, 08:52 AM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,510 Posts
Yea I no worries, I think Bill just needed a little "reminder" No prabblem though, I have had Spring Air stuff in the past and really like them.

I am chomping at the bit to take that 12,000 watts for ride around the patch though
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Jul 04, 2012, 09:26 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
20,894 Posts
plugs will be in the mail to sparks tomorrow.

its going to be a whole differnt bird with gear that work...a few tweaks.....and 1/3 more power!!!!
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jul 04, 2012, 09:43 AM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
plugs will be in the mail to sparks tomorrow.

its going to be a whole differnt bird with gear that work...a few tweaks.....and 1/3 more power!!!!
Hey wingman,

Sounds great!! We also need to get back on FSX one of these day's.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 11:39 AM
Tow Dog.
United States, CO, Hotchkiss
Joined Oct 2006
1,589 Posts
Look out Andy, when your pilots can see where they are going, it could be really dangerous! I guess, if you don't want to wait for the landing gear, you could always bungee it! Just kidding! Happy 4th of July!

P.S. So what's a pudknocker?
Pilatuspc12 is offline Find More Posts by Pilatuspc12
Old Jul 04, 2012, 02:01 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
7,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilatuspc12 View Post

That`s a pilot without "The Right Stuff"
Knife Liddle is offline Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2012, 02:03 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,510 Posts
Quote:
LOL.It's .from the movie The Right Stuff the lady behind the bar is talking to two test pilots and say's

"We got two categories of pilots around here, we got your prime pilots who get all the hot planes, and we got your pudknockers who dream of getting the hot planes...then she says..so what will you two pudknockers have..LOL..
Old Jul 04, 2012, 06:12 PM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
LOL.It's .from the movie The Right Stuff the lady behind the bar is talking to two test pilots and say's

"We got two categories of pilots around here, we got your prime pilots who get all the hot planes, and we got your pudknockers who dream of getting the hot planes...then she says..so what will you two pudknockers have..LOL..
That was when Gordo said to Pancho Rookies? Now hold on sis, you are looking at a whole new ball game here now. In fact in a couple of years I'll bet you’re going to immortalize us by putting our pictures up there on your wall. ....(long pause always laughing by this point)...... What did I say something wrong here?

Now I know they took great creative license with the story in the movie but something tells me Pancho's Happy bottom riding club was really like that....

Those were the days to be an aviator...
Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco
Old Jul 04, 2012, 06:14 PM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Look out Andy, when your pilots can see where they are going, it could be really dangerous! I guess, if you don't want to wait for the landing gear, you could always bungee it! Just kidding! Happy 4th of July!

A pudknocker is someone who enjoys intimate relations with oneself...
Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco
Old Jul 05, 2012, 12:19 AM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
7,725 Posts
Have you seen a pic of the real Pancho? OMG!!! "She" would have been very flattered big time to be portrayed by the woman in the movie.
Knife Liddle is offline Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 05, 2012, 01:28 AM
Austin, Texas
Joined Dec 2005
254 Posts
Actually she was not at all bad looking until well into her 30's. She died (1975) alone and basically broke in her home on the northwestern edge of the Mojave.

Story about Pancho:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancho_Barnes

Last remains of "Pancho's Happy Bottom Riding Club":
http://tinyurl.com/6nfrn6q

Peace, Wolf
bd5wingnut is offline Find More Posts by bd5wingnut
Old Jul 05, 2012, 02:15 AM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,921 Posts
If you zoom out on that google map link above and look at the north end of edwards afb you can see two F-16XLs and the boeing phantom eye long endurance uav at the dryden ramp, and the two Shuttle Carrier Aircraft!
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:33 AM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd5wingnut View Post
Actually she was not at all bad looking until well into her 30's. She died (1975) alone and basically broke in her home on the northwestern edge of the Mojave.

Story about Pancho:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancho_Barnes

Last remains of "Pancho's Happy Bottom Riding Club":
http://tinyurl.com/6nfrn6q

Peace, Wolf
Thanks for the post and links, interesting info. W
Waltjg is offline Find More Posts by Waltjg
Old Jul 05, 2012, 09:42 AM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,510 Posts
Wow, she was quite the pilot herself. Stunt pilot and air racer...