HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:30 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,058 Posts
That power will be great. And with the gear tucked away, she should be a whole new jet.!
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:35 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,385 Posts
falcon5 Looks like your really getting it dialed in. I just saw that you got some new Turnigy nano-tech 8000mAh 6S 25~50C Lipo Packs. I have often wondered what the actual weight of there batteries are. On main page it says
WEIGHT : 1403g

Then when you click on the item it gives this weight.
Spec.
Capacity: 8000mAh
Voltage: 6S1P / 6 Cell / 22.2V
Discharge: 25C Constant / 50C Burst
Weight: 1111g (including wire, plug & case)**********
Dimensions: 195x50x55mm
Balance Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: HXT 4mm

Which is correct? Thanks.
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:42 PM
building building building!
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jun 2006
5,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolerByTheLake View Post
falcon5 Looks like your really getting it dialed in. I just saw that you got some new Turnigy nano-tech 8000mAh 6S 25~50C Lipo Packs. I have often wondered what the actual weight of there batteries are. On main page it says
WEIGHT : 1403g

Then when you click on the item it gives this weight.
Spec.
Capacity: 8000mAh
Voltage: 6S1P / 6 Cell / 22.2V
Discharge: 25C Constant / 50C Burst
Weight: 1111g (including wire, plug & case)**********
Dimensions: 195x50x55mm
Balance Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: HXT 4mm

Which is correct? Thanks.
I think the main page weight refers to the weight they use to calculate the shipping costs. I think the real weight of the battery is 1111g.
aerophilia is online now Find More Posts by aerophilia
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:02 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,564 Posts
Quote:
I have often wondered what the actual weight of there batteries are. .
I just put one 6S 8000mah batt on my scale and it says 2lbs 10oz. Give or take an oz. my scale is not the best.
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:10 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5,385 Posts
Thanks. Was just doing some comparisons on weight vs mah/C rating. Have to plan a head when scratch building, weight tends to add up fast!!!
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:42 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
I got the new meter in the mail today and test ran it on 12S. Right at the start and for about 10 seconds it showed 134 amps 6000 watts, Then it settled right in at 127 amps and 5700 watts, then as the batts ran down into the 3.9V per cell region she just stuck at 124 amps and 5500 watts and didn't budge.

So it looks like the next takeoff run will be 12,000 watts tottal power, 4500watts more than the maiden.
Wow. Better than expected!
Eddie P is online now Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2012, 12:04 AM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,564 Posts
I am starting to really become a fan of Turnigy stuff. Never used their products before but I like what I see so far. The two $114 Turnigy K Force Hv ESC's are running like swiss watches and even have an anti spark and heat sink, the Turnigy batts are light and powerful,

I don't have enough of time on any of the stuff yet to really make a good call on it but if it keeps performing like it is I will be seriously impressed.
Last edited by falcon5; Jul 01, 2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 12:16 PM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Great Andy!!!! More power! when do you think the retracts will be in?? Lets see,,, about one evening(you have all night) to get those baby's put in and dialed in then we expect flight vids the next day!!!!!!! w.
Waltjg is offline Find More Posts by Waltjg
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:21 AM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,379 Posts
Quote:
I am starting to really become a fan of Turnigy stuff. Never used their products before but I like what I see so far. The two $114 Turnigy K Force Hv ESC's are running like swiss watches and even have an anti spark and heat sink, the Turnigy batts are light and powerful,

I don't have enough of time on any of the stuff yet to really make a good call on it but if it keeps performing like it is I will be seriously impressed.
I have been using Turnigy Batts and ECS's for years and I have been very pleased....
Reco is online now Find More Posts by Reco
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:57 AM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,564 Posts
Retract update:

I tryed to track down the retracts and finnaly got ahold of Bill at Spring Air and they havn't shipped yet. When I placed the order two weeks ago he said they were in stock and would ship in a couple days so not sure what the probblem is..

I will give him a few more days and if he still can't find the time to get to the post office and ship them I will just tell him thanks but no thanks and will shop around for another retract.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:33 AM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Wow, guess he has toooo much business to be bothered with customer orders! ... too bad.. hope you get some soon Andy. w.
Waltjg is offline Find More Posts by Waltjg
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:07 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5,385 Posts
" Also the new watt meter is on the way "
Andy, If you don't mine, which one did you get?

Will also be interested in what you think of the Turnigy ESC and the Nano-tech's batteries after you have given them a good testing. Thanks, Mark
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:22 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,564 Posts
Quote:
" Also the new watt meter is on the way "
Andy, If you don't mine, which one did you get?
Got the Turnigy 130A one. LOL..yeah I guess i really am becoming Mr.Turnigy.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10080
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:59 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5,385 Posts
Thanks Andy. Nothing wrong with the Turingy products. Just adding to my "LIST" of must haves! As you well know, when getting into electrics for the first time, a person needs to buy a lot of new stuff!
Old Jul 03, 2012, 04:22 PM
United States, WI, Chetek
Joined Jul 2011
483 Posts
Quote:
Retract update:

I tryed to track down the retracts and finnaly got ahold of Bill at Spring Air and they havn't shipped yet. When I placed the order two weeks ago he said they were in stock and would ship in a couple days so not sure what the probblem is..

I will give him a few more days and if he still can't find the time to get to the post office and ship them I will just tell him thanks but no thanks and will shop around for another retract.
There is also Larry from Southeast Model Products "lje4357@aol.com" who can build custom electric retracts. I have talked to him about building a set and his prices are very reasonable (less than the Electron-Retracts if I remember correctly).
JurassicJet is online now Find More Posts by JurassicJet