HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:10 PM
Capt. Z
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2004
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltjg View Post
Andy,,where's that one at,, I can't seem to find it. W.
Here ya go Walt, I prabbaly should have said foamy edf's section.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1672388
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:32 AM
Joined Apr 2003
552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2663 View Post
Post 1885.
Mike
Typo.

Post 1855.

-- Mark
buzzfly is online now Find More Posts by buzzfly
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:33 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,251 Posts
Thanks

Mike
mike2663 is offline Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Jun 27, 2012, 05:47 PM
Fly more Foam
United States, IN, Sellersburg
Joined Jun 2004
1,012 Posts
Hey Andy, i didnt mean to steal your thunder but im still interested in your continued success on your project. Looking forward to how your inflight data shows about the changes. Im going to use the Spektrum stuff in my A10 for now and see what comes from it. With the ICE 100 esc, the power data can be combined for a lot of after flight eval.
Yea the interest has really surprised me on the other thread. You have started a movement for the foam revolution.
Sam
sam51401 is offline Find More Posts by sam51401
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:23 PM
Capt. Z
Joined Dec 2004
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam51401 View Post
Hey Andy, i didnt mean to steal your thunder but im still interested in your continued success on your project. Looking forward to how your inflight data shows about the changes. Im going to use the Spektrum stuff in my A10 for now and see what comes from it. With the ICE 100 esc, the power data can be combined for a lot of after flight eval.
Yea the interest has really surprised me on the other thread. You have started a movement for the foam revolution.
Sam

Hi Sam,

No thunder stolen. I just had to re direct the thread back on topic before it got way out there..

Yeah the other T-38 thread is great!! and I look forward to building and flying that one.

For the big guy I am just waiting on retracts and I should have those real soon. I will post the in flight numbers as soon I can and will use hat cam again for the next flight so as to compare the two. I should have the T-38 dialed in after about 4 or 5 more flights and then will head down and fly her in Las Vegas at the club field over there and hope to get the guys with the good cameras to get some quality video.

Andy
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:10 PM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,457 Posts
Falcon have you got your canopy yet?
Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco
Old Jun 28, 2012, 07:17 PM
United States, NM, Farmington
Joined Jun 2008
840 Posts
Which post has the maiden flight videos/ pics? Huge thread.
Corelli is offline Find More Posts by Corelli
Old Jun 28, 2012, 07:26 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
Well I took the day off from work today and guess were I went...yep back out to the lake bed. I flew the T-38 and she fly's beautifully. Yeah a bit under powered as we expected but that can be fixed. I will give a detailed flight report a little later but for now enjoy the video..My only request is you crank up the volume to neighbor busting levels on the two low passes...man those two Stu fans and that big airframe sound SWEET!!!

My retracts are not up to the challenge of a 40 pound plane rated for only 20 pounds and it showed. Nose motor not strong enough to retract the gear against the head wind, Right main only retracted 3/4 of the way up. I cut the flight short seeing this and worked on getting the gear back down. Mains came down nose gear only 3/4 of the way down due to a striped jack screw but did not fold on landing. Phew!!

I am going to invest in a real nice set of retracts for the jet that are properly rated for 40 pound planes,

Quick run down:
Fly's like it's on rails, a real SWEET flying airplane!!!
Aerodynamically the airframe absolutely does not care it weighs 40 pounds and from how it handles I would guess it wouldn't care if it weighed 50 pounds as long as it had the proper power plant.

Lands like a feather.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBF_Pf2uGFQ
Mike
mike2663 is offline Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Jun 29, 2012, 06:46 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jan 2006
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
Hi Sam,

I should have the T-38 dialed in after about 4 or 5 more flights and then will head down and fly her in Las Vegas at the club field over there and hope to get the guys with the good cameras to get some quality video.

Andy
Just say the word and I'll be there!!!
skyracer068 is offline Find More Posts by skyracer068
Old Jun 29, 2012, 06:53 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,257 Posts
what are the dates for the vegas ace in the hole electric fly in ?
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:07 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
what are the dates for the vegas ace in the hole electric fly in ?
Oct 12,13,14

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:22 PM
Mister Fear
USA, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
255 Posts
Please post here before you head to Vegas... I'dd like to see it fly. And possibly get some aerial video with my quadcopter.
Mr Pheer is offline Find More Posts by Mr Pheer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:26 AM
Faith in Lift.
United States, CO, Hotchkiss
Joined Oct 2006
1,717 Posts
It will be interesting to see Andy's T-38 next to Fahim's T-38 at the Ace in the Hole.
Pilatuspc12 is offline Find More Posts by Pilatuspc12
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:28 PM
Have Fun! Land, Sea or Air
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jul 2006
1,357 Posts
I would like to see a formation fly-by of Andy and Nut's planes! That would be sweet!
jetcaptain is offline Find More Posts by jetcaptain
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:49 PM
Capt. Z
Joined Dec 2004
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reco View Post
Falcon have you got your canopy yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pheer View Post
Please post here before you head to Vegas... I'dd like to see it fly. And possibly get some aerial video with my quadcopter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcaptain View Post
I would like to see a formation fly-by of Andy and Nut's planes! That would be sweet!

No canopy yet Reco but i figure it should be getting close.

Will do Mr. Pheer

Yeah the formation flying will be sweet!!

I got the new meter in the mail today and test ran it on 12S. Right at the start and for about 10 seconds it showed 134 amps 6000 watts, Then it settled right in at 127 amps and 5700 watts, then as the batts ran down into the 3.9V per cell region she just stuck at 124 amps and 5500 watts and didn't budge.

So it looks like the next takeoff run will be 12,000 watts tottal power, 4500watts more than the maiden.

So far the Stumax Sm100-45 fan does not seem to mind the 6000 watts and runs smooth as glass.

Still no retracts yet but I hope to have those first of next week.