Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:16 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoyue2702 View Post
Ok...

I got to do the tail rotor mod and the antenna mod.

I just happen to have about 20 pc's of this AWESOME threaded aluminum screw that seems like its made for this purpose. It fit like a glove. The bottom threads into the bottom rotor while the top fits into the top rotor with friction, or for extra security you can add a small screw (which I did, although not need)

This method actually moves the top blade further away from the bottom blade than your spacer method, it also requires no drilling or damage to the rotors themselves! this thing FLYS super fast forward now , like twice as quick as stock.

Heres some pics! (sorry for the quality, was taken on iphone)

Sure looks like one of these:

Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2012, 02:54 PM
Joined Feb 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Sure looks like one of these:

I think that's called a zerk fitting?
msd58 is offline Find More Posts by msd58
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:31 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,193 Posts
zerk fitting - grease fitting.
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Mar 14, 2012, 02:20 AM
Joined Feb 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
zerk fitting - grease fitting.
yup
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:21 PM
Joined Feb 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fs2flyer View Post
Just a quicky update - I un-coiled my 033 antenna and just let it hang down free during flight. Now no more reception cutouts. I tried extending it out to the rear stabilizer, but had a bit of cutouts there.

One more - I started out with and still have a 107 that I like lots. The 033 was bought for outside and is okay on minimal to zero wind days with the tail prop mod. But, I just received a Blade MQX quad that's recommended on another thread and, boy, is this thing GREAT for outside - just no comparison. Takes a bit more learning skill, but it's worth it. Second try outside ended 30 feet up in a tree, but it survived fine. If interested, check out the MQX thread.
Did a search which MQX Blade are you talking about?
Last edited by msd58; Mar 18, 2012 at 06:59 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:17 AM
Motto - fly it, crash it = fun
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2007
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msd58 View Post
Did a search which MQX Blade are you talking about?
Blade is the brand and MQX is the model. Search for it that way. It's a quad heli and lots of info in the RCForums on it.
fs2flyer is offline Find More Posts by fs2flyer
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:10 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1 Posts
I did the mod similarly to the tail rotor except, I simply inverted the upper (new) tail rotor so I didn't have to destroy it by drilling it out, then with a gentle push on the 1" spacer trimmed to 3/4" it is snug as a bug and the blades are on nearly the same plane (sort of like a ceiling fan). Unfortunately it is raining tonight so no test flights yet. I did dabble in the living room and there is some serious tail lift, virtually instantaneous nose dive in fact so I will fly inside with the rookie button active. Stay tuned and thanks for the ideas. Oh and the new wire appears to be more along the lines of 18 gauge, not 10 gauge, 10 is the wire size for a 220volt line in your home wiring Oh, got my spacer(s) at the local Lowes in the hardware section.
seank97 is offline Find More Posts by seank97
Old Apr 08, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Apr 2012
12 Posts
using DH 9104 tail rotor blades on the s033g!

try using the tail blade, off the DH 9104, and then you have to cut the tail motor wires, to the mother board ,and rewire red to black and black to red ,this will reverse the motor direction!
flintstton810 is offline Find More Posts by flintstton810
Old Apr 08, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Apr 2012
12 Posts
S033G tail mod

Try using the tail rotor blade, off the DH 9104 ,its a lot larger and stronger,but the pitch of the blade is opposite, so you will have to remove the canopy and unplug the tail motor connector,now cut the wires, away back far enough, so that they can be put back together!
Now wire the red wire, to the black wire,and the black wire to the red wire!be sure and insulate them good!
Old Apr 22, 2012, 01:22 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
I have had the S033G for a while and have never had a radio signal loss, just used RC tubing under the fuselage in the hole at the top of the landing gear, zip tie it and feed the receiver wire through it and let the wire hang down. Never have lost Tx signal, unless you get to far out of range.
richrpg is offline Find More Posts by richrpg
Old Apr 28, 2012, 02:09 PM
Joined Feb 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrpg View Post
I have had the S033G for a while and have never had a radio signal loss, just used RC tubing under the fuselage in the hole at the top of the landing gear, zip tie it and feed the receiver wire through it and let the wire hang down. Never have lost Tx signal, unless you get to far out of range.
I'm having a tough time "seeing" this in my head...can u post a pic of your wire setup? Thanks!
Quigs10 is offline Find More Posts by Quigs10
Old May 12, 2012, 09:16 PM
Joined Apr 2012
12 Posts
See my other videos please!

Please see all my other videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/flintsttone810
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTinker View Post
I found your mods today and attempted the dual tail rotor. It's definitely made a difference in mine. I just tried it out in a slight breeze and I was able to make headway and it was noticeably more controllable. I can't wait to try it with NO breeze.

If you come up with more get 'em posted up!

Also, I've been looking at a bigger battery on Ebay. I know it won't fit right but I'm wondering if I can't get it jammed in or on it somehow. Think it will work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280796281710...84.m1438.l2649
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:05 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1 Posts
better weight distribution

Also just slide the battery slightly forward and it will make a world of difference in the aircraft's performance. Personally i felt that it came tail heavy from the factory anyway and actually burnt out the tail moter first week constantly battling this.
frielock88 is offline Find More Posts by frielock88
Old Jul 31, 2012, 05:33 PM
aerotellez
Spain
Joined Oct 2009
1 Posts
New version 7.4v is OK

I donīt think the old version (11.1v) is better than newer (7.4v is more lighter in any case).
Work well with 7.4v 1300mAh 20Ccheaper Lipos from HobbyKing, in the most advanced position inside canopy.
The original battery connectors has been changed to 3.5 mm connectors. These are my standard connectors and looks better for the current of 15 A measured at max.
Other mods are a plastic tubing for extend antenna inside. It is introduced on the original antenna holes on the left landing skid. No glitches up to now.
And the simple and best mod: GUNTHER propeller at rear.

And... sorry for my poor english.
aerotellez is offline Find More Posts by aerotellez
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:07 PM
Joined Feb 2012
15 Posts
Syma S033g Tail Rotor Mod

I replaced my tail rotor from the stock one to one from a tail blade G.T. Model 8006 QS8006 RC helicopter. Works great!!!! Heli flies forward much better and faster. I had to trim the top of yellow rudder fin for clearance because hub of new rotor was slightly shorter than stock rotor.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by msd58; Aug 16, 2012 at 10:08 PM. Reason: spelling