HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Jun 2005
155 Posts
Update: It was the front motor that was shot.

After a few more attempts, the top set of blades wouldn't spin at all when giving throttle. They would just get whacked by the lower set.

Ordered 2 motors from xHeli @ $5.00/ea. + $4.95 shipping.

Went through the process of pulling out a ton of screws and replaced the motor.

After getting it all back together, it flies like it used to again.

Also looking for a 4ch heli now, as this one's getting a little boring and I'd like to have roll control instead of just yaw.

Thanks!
indiggio is offline Find More Posts by indiggio
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:28 AM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akacy View Post
has anyone had trouble with the trim. mine seems to want to trim to the left no mater where the trim control is. all gears look good, in fact i replaced the small gears do to spinning on the ground with no lift off. i know the book said to shut it down and restart the controller, didn't seem to help.
mine was always going left after crashing and i found that on the top blades the one connector holding the stabilizer on fell off so i made one with a straw with 2 holes to hold it level and everything was good again.
usacjc is offline Find More Posts by usacjc
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:11 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,026 Posts
Just got mine...got a good deal on a NIB, for a great price...here is the maiden flight!

LT 711HAWKSPY A (4 min 18 sec)
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:25 PM
AeroQualityGuy
United States, NC, Wake Forest
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
Not the Gears, but the set screw(s) for the lower rotor gear

I've got no take off thrust. My gears are intact. What I noticed is the set screws as the bottom of the lower rotor main gear is loose and it won't tighten. Disassembled the whole copter Friday, noticed there's two holes and I only had one screw in one hole. I found a second screw and put it in place in the open hole only to find that won't tighter either. Snugged them up as best I could - and after two successful flights, I'm back at square one with loose set screws whereas the shaft can't grasp the screws tight enough and I've not got enough spin on the rotor blades.

Any ideas on how to snug those set screws?
aeroqualityguy is offline Find More Posts by aeroqualityguy
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:06 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroqualityguy View Post
I've got no take off thrust. My gears are intact. What I noticed is the set screws as the bottom of the lower rotor main gear is loose and it won't tighten. Disassembled the whole copter Friday, noticed there's two holes and I only had one screw in one hole. I found a second screw and put it in place in the open hole only to find that won't tighter either. Snugged them up as best I could - and after two successful flights, I'm back at square one with loose set screws whereas the shaft can't grasp the screws tight enough and I've not got enough spin on the rotor blades.

Any ideas on how to snug those set screws?
Get some screw loc-tite......coat the threads and then screw them in as tight as you can and wait a few hours before you fly it.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131