SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:43 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2 Posts
Discussion
Bought a HawkSpy LT-711

I got it yesterday and tonight it took a kind of hard landing and now wont take flight only sits and spins any idea? I have put it back on the charger for about 30 minutes but it won't fly. what else could it be? did I break it already...
ShaunKothZR1 is offline Find More Posts by ShaunKothZR1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:27 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2 Posts
I charged it all the way up and still spins on the ground clockwise but won't take flight.. Any ideas?
ShaunKothZR1 is offline Find More Posts by ShaunKothZR1
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:28 PM
Joined Jan 2012
3 Posts
Check blade grips very closely or look at 2 main gears.Good luck
camaro92 is offline Find More Posts by camaro92
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:31 PM
Joined Jan 2012
2 Posts
I think I have the same problem. I crashed and since then it makes a strange noise. I thought it was the blades but they are not torn or bent and I took them off and it still makes the noise although not as noticeable.
Are the gears replaceable?
jlov is offline Find More Posts by jlov
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:47 PM
Joined Jan 2012
2 Posts
I opened the helicopter and indeed the problem is that the small gear is destroyed.
I found the gears online for 10$
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
Will see if this works. Seems easy.
jlov is offline Find More Posts by jlov
Old Jan 18, 2012, 06:00 PM
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Have you got and tried the replacement gears jlov? Haven't taken mine apart just yet but I think I have the same problem.
ChowDog is offline Find More Posts by ChowDog
Old Feb 13, 2012, 04:02 PM
Joined Feb 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlov View Post
I opened the helicopter and indeed the problem is that the small gear is destroyed.
I found the gears online for 10$
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
Will see if this works. Seems easy.
thanks, happen once with a new lt 711, sent it in and they sent me back a new one. hit the ceilingagain and it started spinning on the ground just like the first one, look at the gears and your right, small gear is striped out. thanks for the info. ordered 2 sets today. got the gears for $6 each plus $6.95 shipping. www.xHobbyStore.com.
akacy is offline Find More Posts by akacy
Last edited by akacy; Feb 13, 2012 at 04:05 PM. Reason: add on
Old Feb 13, 2012, 04:10 PM
Joined Feb 2012
6 Posts
is there a manual on how to take a LT 711 apart 2 replace parts? sure is a lot of screws to get at any thing.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:59 PM
Joined Feb 2012
6 Posts
LT-711 Trim

has anyone had trouble with the trim. mine seems to want to trim to the left no mater where the trim control is. all gears look good, in fact i replaced the small gears do to spinning on the ground with no lift off. i know the book said to shut it down and restart the controller, didn't seem to help.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:20 PM
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
akacy, I have the same problem. It doesn't turn to hard but like you, no matter how I set the trim it still wants to trim some to the left so I just bump the turn control stick to try and keep it steady. Mine just does a slow turn. I had read somewhere else that this is to be expected since the controller itself is a cheap one.
ChowDog is offline Find More Posts by ChowDog
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:30 AM
Joined Jun 2005
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akacy View Post
has anyone had trouble with the trim. mine seems to want to trim to the left no mater where the trim control is. all gears look good, in fact i replaced the small gears do to spinning on the ground with no lift off. i know the book said to shut it down and restart the controller, didn't seem to help.
I've got one of these 711's that I've been flying for about a month, so here are my observations.

1. This is pretty much a toy (hope you didn't spend a lot on it)

2. Since it'a s coaxial, yaw rates are abysmal. It won't rotate very rapidly at all. Gotta learn to live with it. It will yaw one way faster than the other, I've noticed. Without the ability to roll, you're limited to trying to rotate only to change direction.

3. Yaw trim changes based upon battery charge. At full charge, I don't need much trim at all. As the battery drains, it wants to yaw more and more, so you can trim that out until the battery is almost dead.

4. Battery is too small for the size/weight. It drains pretty fast. Since it's using another motor for forward/reverse, that sucks even more life out of the battery. Along this line, I notice giving it forward thrust, it will lose altitude fast due to the added drain from the tail motor.

5. Immediately turn off the flashing lights to conserve battery!

6. New flyers, make or buy some training gear. They'll save you $$$! I got a set for like $8 (US) at local hobby shop. They're very light and save the blades all the time.

7. The flybar makes smooth flight somewhat difficult as it seems to make the heli fight you. You tell it to pitch forward, but the flybar levels it back.

8. Tape a good size metal washer to the front by the frequency sticker, if you have one. This helps with forward motion, if it's not going fast enough for you.

I think it's a pretty good 1st flyer for beginners, but you'll probably find, as did I, that it's pretty limited in it's abilities and will leave you wanting more fast. I'm already looking at 4-6 channel birds.
indiggio is offline Find More Posts by indiggio
Last edited by indiggio; Feb 23, 2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 08:09 PM
Joined Feb 2012
6 Posts
lt711 small gear

i have replaced the small gear 2 times. did not crash the heli, but small gear
seems to strip out just by landing and taking off. any where you can get metal gears? other wise every 20 take offs or so i will be replacing gears. what's a better heli that is built better?
Last edited by akacy; Mar 12, 2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:36 PM
Joined Jun 2005
155 Posts
I've now got the sit and spin problem. Fully charged battery and full throttle, it just spins clockwise on ground with not enough power to take off.

Which small gear are you referring that you need to replace? Are the gears missing teeth? I checked the small gears and don't see any that are missing teeth.

Thanks!
indiggio is offline Find More Posts by indiggio
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:13 PM
Joined Feb 2012
6 Posts
sit and spin

it's the front gear, if you look close you'll see where the gear has striped out.
I've replaced 2 of them in a month. I'm looking for a different heli now.
have a small + screw driver, you'll have 2 remove about 20 screws. the hard ones to find are the ones under the landing gear. pain in the ass. hope this helps.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:24 PM
Joined Feb 2012
6 Posts
www.xhobbystore.com/lt711-spare-pa711.html gears are $6 a set and USPS shipping is $6.95. i just ordered 3 set of small gears.