HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:42 PM
Joined Dec 2011
113 Posts
Discussion
Simulator guy looking for first setup! Sbach 342 & DX6i or DX7?

As the title states, when I was young I spent many hours on realflight deluxe. I recently purchased real flight 6 and am very confident with my abilities on all the airplanes.. Looking for a good entry level aerobatic setup.. Will the UMX sbach 342 and a dx6i or dx7 be a good choice?
Randal McSandal is offline Find More Posts by Randal McSandal
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:56 PM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,706 Posts
The DX6i is cheaper but I would go with the DX7 so you can "grow into it". The DX6i has less range. less features and is powered by AA batteries so like I said, go with the DX7.

The UMS Sbach isn't really a 3d plane and currently isn't available with the AS3X system. The foamies thread is full of excellent foamies. I recommend anything from Twisted Hobbies or 3dhs.

Let us know what you decide.
KE Spin is offline Find More Posts by KE Spin
Old Dec 20, 2011, 03:04 PM
Joined Dec 2011
113 Posts
I read the same thing about the transmitter debate, guess I'll go with the Dx7.
As for plane, that'll take some research!
Randal McSandal is offline Find More Posts by Randal McSandal
Old Dec 20, 2011, 03:13 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,040 Posts
Id go with the dx 7 over the dx 6i. If your looking for an sbach in particular the autopartner epp sbach is really good. If you really want a sbach,there are some other choices as well out there like the hokusei planes with full fuse that look good. The 3dhs extra is a good plane to,the rc factory planes look good but i haven't flown any,the edge 540 would probably be one id get but they have an sbach as well.

Sbach 342 EPP With RcPlaneBuilder 3s 330mah 25c Pro Pack (2 min 42 sec)
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2011, 05:53 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,060 Posts
You didn't state which Sbach you were considering - there's a huge range of them out there and some much more suited to your needs than others I would suspect.
You did not indicate how much actual flying experience you have or what planes you have been flying. Hopefully there are some. Going straight from a simulator to a purpose built acrobatic or 3D plane might not be the best move. There is a difference in the real thing vs simulator.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly