Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:50 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,377 Posts
Discussion
Setup Program Improvement Suggestions

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread to give HF some feedback on possible improvements to the Setup Program.

1. Add a compass display so that we can tell how well the magnetometer is calibrated. Put it on the first page on top of the artificial horizon.

2. On the board info page add two buttons to zero out the Flights counter and Flight Time counter.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:45 PM
Dirty Dozen FPV
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Aug 2011
2,478 Posts
Add images of the black pro board, even though the text says towards the dot the overwhelming visual is the big arrow pointing to the front of the green board.
Wayno Complaino is offline Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Old Dec 20, 2011, 03:05 PM
Air Traffic Controller
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Aug 2011
250 Posts
I don't now about y'all, but I find it a little quirky to get the HFP to connect. I hear the 'bong' sound when I plug it in and sometimes it connects and sometimes it doesn't. Running an old laptop with XP. I do get it to connect but temperamental.
Webheadfred is offline Find More Posts by Webheadfred
Old Dec 20, 2011, 03:21 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
i get it to connect if it i put it into diag mode first.

plug the board in with out the receiver connected and then plug it in via USB.

once it connects then plug the receiver power in
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Dec 20, 2011, 03:24 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,759 Posts
I bought a PC specifically for the task of talking to my HFP and also my Copter Control board. I have no other software loaded other than the standard and the HF software and CC software. I never have any problems connecting and never have any issues with running the software. I do know some users found problems with their usb leads and when they changed those things improved. Also anti virus software could interfere. If you have multiple usb drivers on your computer that might be used for various applications that Im guessing could cause a problem?. Also I have had to flick the usb switch on the board a couple of times. George has mentioned in another thread that the usb switch could move if you crash hard and it needs to be flicked back into position.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:02 PM
Air Traffic Controller
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Aug 2011
250 Posts
Thanks guys. I'm using the laptop I use to program the Propeller chip, used on the HFP. I think what Adidas said works best. I just plug in the board and let it do it's thing. I then power the receiver. It seems to work most of the time. If not, I repeat until it does.
Webheadfred is offline Find More Posts by Webheadfred