HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:19 PM
EPP Extrordinare
Mr. Combat Certain's Avatar
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Feb 2008
3,330 Posts
I didn't get to reeally wring it out, but I did do a few laps on the backside in about 10mph, with reflex it really tracks well and punches through the shear with ease. Just wish I could get it to go faster ...
Mr. Combat Certain is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Combat Certain
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:03 PM
Dang!....What else did I bring
oletimer's Avatar
Orange County, S. Cal
Joined Oct 2009
1,011 Posts
I may be ready to try mine out at BB this weekend!

Will try and bring a camera and after I trim it out, will see if I can get some video in.
I have a ballast tube now! (Thanks Wayne!... and Shadow) but have not put it in yet. If I get time tomorrow night, I will try and get here all ballanced and ready. But I have so many others needing attention now too... Decissions, decissions!

Jordan... Want to go out to BB again if wind is cranking? dave said he expects 29 on saturday! Wonder if that is like the last 60 mph we were expecing to be 1/4 of that?
oletimer is offline Find More Posts by oletimer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2012, 03:14 AM
Rotozuk's Avatar
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,860 Posts
Sounds great!! I wish I could go, but I still have to drain my old garage. Once I'm done with all of this moving I getting my Genesis up!!

Shadow is working on our prototype ballast tube and servo tray setup. They should be available on the site soon. Kit will include the glass/carbon tube, tray, and ballast with a set of instructions.

-Wayne\

p.s. If you go to BB, and Codezilla (Adrian) is going I have a package for you to deliver.
Rotozuk is online now Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 28, 2012, 02:44 AM
Dang!....What else did I bring
oletimer's Avatar
Orange County, S. Cal
Joined Oct 2009
1,011 Posts
After just getting back from Palm Springs a couple of min.ago... I ain't driving that far again! besides, since I made the silly drive out there at 4:00 pm.... and did not get back till almost 11:00 pm... I did not work on the plane's. So just charging the ones I have ready to fly and will try Gazebos... Close to us Wayne.. you ought to come check it out now that you are a true local!
What did Adrian get from you?
oletimer is offline Find More Posts by oletimer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2012, 04:33 PM
EPP Extrordinare
Mr. Combat Certain's Avatar
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Feb 2008
3,330 Posts
30-50mph no prob!!

Well I managed to get the Genesis in 50mph winds, and it handeled it very well! I put a 6oz weight in the belly (37oz approx. AUW) and it really came alive! Fast (kept up with a Destiny), banged the turns, pretty aerobatic, and pumps were way up there (did halfpipes with an Opus that was 2x as heavy, wasn't quite as fast but it did keep up!)!! Although I did have a bit of a rough landing, when it gets windy dont put the flaps on untill your ready to touch-down, I failed to do this and it flipped inverted about 7' off the ground, which resulted in a lawn-dart. It came out of the landing well, but not unscathed, gotta fix the cracks in the wing saddle and one on the bottom of the fuse.

Wayne, I gotta get a ballast kit, would love to have seen it fly heavier ...
Mr. Combat Certain is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Combat Certain
Last edited by Mr. Combat Certain; Jan 29, 2012 at 09:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:35 PM
It's not going to build itself
TRISME's Avatar
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,501 Posts
60" MOM races in Feb. Sounds perfect for anyone with a new Genesis. New racers fly for free.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post20576127
TRISME is online now Find More Posts by TRISME
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 01:17 PM
Dang!....What else did I bring
oletimer's Avatar
Orange County, S. Cal
Joined Oct 2009
1,011 Posts
Mom

Don't temp me!
I still have to finish the Cobra!, the Contender, the 1-26, the Jaguar, etc, etc.!
I think I am getting tired... the planes to work on are out numbering the planes I can still fly!
Good news is now I have plenty of Rx's

Jeff
oletimer is offline Find More Posts by oletimer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 01:28 PM
Silent Flight
Twyl's Avatar
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oletimer View Post
Good news is now I have plenty of Rx's

Jeff
If you say Rx's real slow you sound like a pirate who found treasure coordinates on a map.

So what kind of Rx's did you get?

-Jonathan
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2012, 02:05 AM
Dang!....What else did I bring
oletimer's Avatar
Orange County, S. Cal
Joined Oct 2009
1,011 Posts
Rx's

None... I have just so many planes down... I now have extra Rx's to use elsewhere!
I throw the nice planes the Airtronics ones, but the foamy and less expensive ones, I have 72 meg's for. I even have a few programable Rx's for 72 that I assign the channel I want to it. No crystals to deal with.

I just finished the Genisis and have all my mixes built in that I use on my Vector III. I keeps it familuar to deal with.

Where you planning to fly this weekend?

Jeff
oletimer is offline Find More Posts by oletimer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2012, 01:35 PM
Silent Flight
Twyl's Avatar
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oletimer View Post
None... I have just so many planes down... I now have extra Rx's to use elsewhere!
I throw the nice planes the Airtronics ones, but the foamy and less expensive ones, I have 72 meg's for. I even have a few programable Rx's for 72 that I assign the channel I want to it. No crystals to deal with.

I just finished the Genisis and have all my mixes built in that I use on my Vector III. I keeps it familuar to deal with.

Where you planning to fly this weekend?

Jeff
Gotcha, and congrats on completing the build. Did you take pictures of your ballast tube install? I haven't flown this week at all as I haven't had the time of day(night?) to look closer at my Speedo elevator servo which might have gotten a gear stripped on my final landing/catch attempt last weekend.

I can't get out on Saturday and I may have a list of honeydos on Sunday but if I get time I'm still undecided... Sounds like Wayne will be hitting up Bluff Cove which I've wanted to fly at but I'm still not sure.

-Jonathan

EDIT: Sunday still looks like SA's so I doub't BC would have a good hit, so hrmph. Gazebo's maybe? We might be able to continue the hunt for red october or whatever Fabio named his glassed speedo.

EDIT EDIT: Or flagpole?
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2012, 02:34 PM
Rotozuk's Avatar
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,860 Posts
Miro also has his Genesis up and flying. He reports good things. Shadow should be done with his anytime now. He stopped by and showed off the ballast tube install. Easy loading from the front.

Anyone else got 'em in the air?

-Wayne
Rotozuk is online now Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 04, 2012, 02:24 AM
Dang!....What else did I bring
oletimer's Avatar
Orange County, S. Cal
Joined Oct 2009
1,011 Posts
Finished

I have not taken any new pictures yet, but the Ballast tube is in, and got to remove some more nose weight now, and feel slightly nose heavy... good starting point.
I hope to be able to fly her this weekend, and give you all the low-down on it from my perspective. I will take more picts and show the tube, nose weight I custom fit, Nice servo tray made from Circuit board, and cleaned up plane. She looks real nice, and the way Jordans was banging out turns last week... I am excited to get her up!

Jeff
oletimer is offline Find More Posts by oletimer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2012, 01:34 AM
Rotozuk's Avatar
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,860 Posts
Well????
Rotozuk is online now Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:49 AM
Dang!....What else did I bring
oletimer's Avatar
Orange County, S. Cal
Joined Oct 2009
1,011 Posts
Wow!

Well... the wind on Saturday was around low 30's and she flew great.
Went out on Sun. to Kite hill, and showed Dick & Andy the plane... in hopes to maybe fly at Shapell. Wind did pick up a bit and went to fly Shapell around 2:45. Tom was over there, and he was flying his Speedo, then his beautyful Contender. When he came in, I tested the Genisis on my home town hill. Dick J & Andy came over to take a peek, and they got their stuff to fly the medium winds of my guess was around 10 - 15. The Genisis did good and was fun to fly... not big pumps like at Browns Bluff, but then the wind was at least 1/2 only.

All in all.... Great buy and fun plane. Maybe a big threat in the MOM races if you want to beat it up a bit later... I'm just not used to it yet and ready to loose her.

I highly recomend this plane, and you will be one of the few in the US to have one. Wayne is great to deal with and is way more then fair in pricing, and has been excelent in service as well.
If you are thinking about a moldy speedy... this may be the buy of the year.
If this is your first of planes to sell Wayne... you are going to keep me broke for sure!

I will post pics of the final build stages to keep this thread complete. I just picked up a DLG and got my transmitter fitted out now and some stiffining up of some broken areas. Very light molded wing that should fill out my quiver for all wind conditions.
I need to make some blinders so I will not get any more planes.

Thanks,

Jeff
oletimer is offline Find More Posts by oletimer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2012, 03:29 AM
It's not going to build itself
TRISME's Avatar
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oletimer View Post
Well... the wind on Saturday was around low 30's and she flew great.
Went out on Sun. to Kite hill, and showed Dick & Andy the plane... in hopes to maybe fly at Shapell. Wind did pick up a bit and went to fly Shapell around 2:45. Tom was over there, and he was flying his Speedo, then his beautyful Contender. When he came in, I tested the Genisis on my home town hill. Dick J & Andy came over to take a peek, and they got their stuff to fly the medium winds of my guess was around 10 - 15. The Genisis did good and was fun to fly... not big pumps like at Browns Bluff, but then the wind was at least 1/2 only.

All in all.... Great buy and fun plane. Maybe a big threat in the MOM races if you want to beat it up a bit later... I'm just not used to it yet and ready to loose her.

I highly recomend this plane, and you will be one of the few in the US to have one. Wayne is great to deal with and is way more then fair in pricing, and has been excelent in service as well.
If you are thinking about a moldy speedy... this may be the buy of the year.
If this is your first of planes to sell Wayne... you are going to keep me broke for sure!

I will post pics of the final build stages to keep this thread complete. I just picked up a DLG and got my transmitter fitted out now and some stiffining up of some broken areas. Very light molded wing that should fill out my quiver for all wind conditions.
I need to make some blinders so I will not get any more planes.

Thanks,

Jeff
Yeah, the conditions were surprisingly decent for a kind of Southish day. The Genesis is really a sweet flier. Jeff was really tearing it up. I took some vid with my phone that I'll try to post.
Tom
TRISME is online now Find More Posts by TRISME
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Careful! Phill Collins give away aka genesis eckace1 Batteries and Chargers 4 Dec 19, 2011 09:08 PM
Build Log Bass Plug flying fish wing build log masson74 Slope 23 Sep 23, 2008 10:07 PM