HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 27, 2012, 06:47 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2011
22 Posts
Another question, is the tailplane just a flat plate or is there any actual aerofoil profile to it?

Cheers
mazz738 is offline Find More Posts by mazz738
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2012, 01:47 AM
Angry Bird ...
yarrumevets's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
861 Posts
It's a symmetrical aerofoil - not really tapering to a thin trailing edge of course, so it's more an ellipse, but it's not a flat plate for sure.
yarrumevets is offline Find More Posts by yarrumevets
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2012, 02:41 AM
Registered User
Perth, WA
Joined Jul 2006
466 Posts
The heck, I posted a reply 2hrs ago and it's not here :S

Anyhow, maidened her today all was okay only on landing it managed to dig into the grass as I missed the cricket pitch runway.

One of the landing gear doors has snapped a hinge thing but I can fix it, and about twenty minutes ago I had it sitting on the floor was making sure the gear was cycling and somehow bumped the throttle to max and snapped a blade!

Now I've done it, at least she flew without any issues.

Do HK have spare props yet?
Same is online now Find More Posts by Same
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2012, 02:58 AM
Registered User
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Aug 2011
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same View Post
The heck, I posted a reply 2hrs ago and it's not here :S

Anyhow, maidened her today all was okay only on landing it managed to dig into the grass as I missed the cricket pitch runway.

One of the landing gear doors has snapped a hinge thing but I can fix it, and about twenty minutes ago I had it sitting on the floor was making sure the gear was cycling and somehow bumped the throttle to max and snapped a blade!

Now I've done it, at least she flew without any issues.

Do HK have spare props yet?
have been looking at this. Master Airscrew propeller 10x7 or is it to much Pitch .
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=8097
chops3 is offline Find More Posts by chops3
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2012, 03:21 AM
Registered User
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbinefancy View Post
Nice aerobatic in-flight footage. Looks quite lively. Thanks Scott.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHrFG...eeFAAAAAAAAAAA
Cool little video. Skyraider looks cool. Too bad they slowed the video down some during the flights though. I would prefer to see the flights in real world speed, not slowed down on a video.
sj3cub is offline Find More Posts by sj3cub
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2012, 06:03 AM
Angry Bird ...
yarrumevets's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chops3 View Post
... the motor is a 750kv ...
Thanks - yeh, you're right. That's what it says on the HK product description.
yarrumevets is offline Find More Posts by yarrumevets
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:12 PM
Registered User
Chapino4's Avatar
USA, CT, Danbury
Joined Nov 2008
78 Posts
[QUOTE=jim350;20444625]Received my T28 Trojan yesterday and assembled it last night.
Quality of this kit is excellent. Went together very easily.
Only modification required was a little foam removal to fit my battery and adjustment of the elevator linkages.
looking forward to the maiden this weekend.

hey jim
did you used glue or screws to install the elevator and rudder
Chapino4 is offline Find More Posts by Chapino4
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:26 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2011
820 Posts
[QUOTE=Chapino4;20598893]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim350 View Post
Received my T28 Trojan yesterday and assembled it last night.
Quality of this kit is excellent. Went together very easily.
Only modification required was a little foam removal to fit my battery and adjustment of the elevator linkages.
looking forward to the maiden this weekend.

hey jim
did you used glue or screws to install the elevator and rudder
sorry not quite understanding your question?
are you referring to the control linkages (which screw on)
or
the rear horizontal tail pieces which glue in with the supplied glue.
vertical tail piece is part of the main fuse.
jim350 is offline Find More Posts by jim350
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:29 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2012
6 Posts
T28 Durafly - Nose gear

Hi,

It's interesting to read all your advices about the T28 DURAFLY, thanks.

No replacement parts available fot his T28. I received mine two days ago and before made the first flight, I found a problem on the landing gear.

There is a square support of the front wheel plastic of very poor quality. This support covered on the front wheel is broken into several parts.

Could you advice me for a replacement part or a e-retract system or a new support between the wheel and the systel retract ?

sorry for my froggy english and merci for your help.
ribeiroda is offline Find More Posts by ribeiroda
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 03:53 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2011
820 Posts
Can you explain with a picture?
jim350 is offline Find More Posts by jim350
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:21 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2012
6 Posts
T 28 Nose gear

Hi Jim,

I will post a picture tomorow.

The servoless main retracts have metal trunnions, which have proven to be very sturdy (own three other models), but the nose gear is different : the rears have a metal/alloy pivot whereas the front is plastic.

I am waiting for Produit ID: HK-5094 Electric Retract with Reversable Mount (1pc) 18.8g and a Servoless avant rétractable Landing Gear Produit ID: STTE-03. I hope to find a solution to adapt the original wheel...

Regards,

Serge
ribeiroda is offline Find More Posts by ribeiroda
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:52 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2011
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribeiroda View Post
Hi Jim,

I will post a picture tomorow.

The servoless main retracts have metal trunnions, which have proven to be very sturdy (own three other models), but the nose gear is different : the rears have a metal/alloy pivot whereas the front is plastic.

I am waiting for Produit ID: HK-5094 Electric Retract with Reversable Mount (1pc) 18.8g and a Servoless avant rétractable Landing Gear Produit ID: STTE-03. I hope to find a solution to adapt the original wheel...

Regards,

Serge
so you have had the exact same problem i have had with the plastic trunnion snapping.

i have temporarily installed one of these http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...stem_1pc_.html with some modifications so it would fit.
it has held up really well so far.

i have ordered some of these http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id/2525 which should resolve the problems with the stock front retract.

i haven't received them yet so when i do i will install them and post my findings.
jim350 is offline Find More Posts by jim350
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:58 PM
Bathurst, NSW, Oztralia
Joined Mar 2011
230 Posts
Thanks for all the work and tinkering Jim. I really want to order one of these bad boys but the lack of spare props and the trunnion issue is scaring me off! If you get back to us with a favourable report I will get one for sure.
Any ideas for a replacement prop?
rooni79 is offline Find More Posts by rooni79
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:00 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2012
6 Posts
Nose gear

Thanks JIM !

I finaly find the good word, thats trunnion. You post this solution. Let's try !

Serge
ribeiroda is offline Find More Posts by ribeiroda
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:10 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2012
6 Posts
Trunnion

Have to find a metallic trunnion in europe...

I ordered this item but without trunnion and i can't find trunnion on the HK site....

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17538
ribeiroda is offline Find More Posts by ribeiroda
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion MSR upgrades for durability? Next bird? DasFriek Electric Heli Talk 8 Oct 22, 2011 12:29 AM
Discussion Next multiplex bird? ZSimon Electric Plane Talk 9 Aug 19, 2011 11:06 AM
Discussion next plane- trojan or typhoon Kmart Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 25 Feb 26, 2009 12:40 PM
Hummingbird-what's my next bird? Want a bigger one... albireo Micro Helis 6 Oct 12, 2003 11:20 AM