Originally Posted by simo71 View Post
Yes Tires (tyres) are rubber
Lol, I like that two spellings you wrote there for tyres

all the more reason to grab this bird!
mazz738 is offline Find More Posts by mazz738
Old Jan 25, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Aug 2011
820 Posts
Happy to report that the beefier front retract has held up to 4 successful landings on grass today.
The rear retract will be perfect for the front if HobbyKing make it available.

On a side note if you fly from grass all the time remove the rear wheel covers as they can cause trouble when cycling the landing gear.
I had to belly land on one of my landings today as the retract would not open all the way due to catching on the wheel over when opening.

Happy to report that the prop is pretty durable. It held up to a belly landing as well as a mid air collision where it chopped the front off of a p51 mustang. :-0
jim350 is offline Find More Posts by jim350
Old Jan 26, 2012, 04:54 AM
wishing for Tomcat...
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined Jun 2009
753 Posts
HK Review Video by Scott

Nice aerobatic in-flight footage. Looks quite lively. Thanks Scott.
HobbyKing Skunkwerks Series - Durafly 1100mm T28 & Skyraider (9 min 55 sec)
turbinefancy is offline Find More Posts by turbinefancy
Old Jan 26, 2012, 05:12 AM
The land down under
Australia, NSW
Joined Jul 2010
585 Posts
Brilliant video, the way Scott describes the T-28 is spot on.
simo71 is offline Find More Posts by simo71
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:32 AM
Joined Feb 2011
22 Posts
finally a review!
mazz738 is offline Find More Posts by mazz738
Old Jan 26, 2012, 12:15 PM
24100 Sainte Foy des Vignes / France
Joined May 2001
122 Posts
Hi all

material is EPS, EPP or EPO ?
tkanks
Bernard is offline Find More Posts by Bernard
Old Jan 26, 2012, 03:38 PM
The land down under
Australia, NSW
Joined Jul 2010
585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
Hi all

material is EPS, EPP or EPO ?
tkanks
It's EPO
simo71 is offline Find More Posts by simo71
Old Jan 26, 2012, 03:43 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Aug 2011
158 Posts
Specs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarrumevets View Post
Mine arrived this afternoon, but I had to go out to mow our grass runway so I didn't have time to give the kit a good going-over beforehand. A couple of points which were obvious in the quick look I took were ...

Correct, squeeker - the instructions spend several pages dealing with safety and pre-flight issues (which, we know is important of course) but there's absolutely no information included which deals with wiring to the receiver.

The assembly manual doesn't discuss fitting the linkages between servos and control horns and although someone with experience will work it out, it's probably going to cause some consternation for a complete newb.

Overall, the build quality looks as good as has been reported - very slick surface finish and detailing, general assembly and parts look good. The motor is a "GC 3536 - 850 kV" which sounds about right, but I've not yet put the prop on and fired it up with the Wattmeter included.

Looks good ... more details to follow as I get time tomorrow to put it all together and run it up with a few tests.
750kv Brushless Outrunner
chops3 is offline Find More Posts by chops3
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:30 PM
Joined Aug 2011
158 Posts
props

Hi all what is the size of this prop? and will it take a 2-Blade Prop to Spares arrive? thanks.
steve.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:30 AM
Angry Bird ...
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
861 Posts
Sorry mate - the prop doesn't have any markings on it at all, or the one on my plane doesn't anyway (which is a bit unusual). I don't have any way of attempting to measure the pitch either.

Yes, you could stick a two-bladed replacement on it however there's a nut on the shaft of the prop adapter which recesses into the stock prop and that would mean that your two-bladed replacement would sit a bit proud. You'd have to do a little experimentation with a selection of props and a wattmeter - certainly have to keep the diameter of a replacement down so that you can maintain ground clearance.

Not a very helpful reply in summary, I'm sorry to say.
yarrumevets is offline Find More Posts by yarrumevets
Old Jan 27, 2012, 02:58 AM
Joined Aug 2011
158 Posts
Quote:
Sorry mate - the prop doesn't have any markings on it at all, or the one on my plane doesn't anyway (which is a bit unusual). I don't have any way of attempting to measure the pitch either.

Yes, you could stick a two-bladed replacement on it however there's a nut on the shaft of the prop adapter which recesses into the stock prop and that would mean that your two-bladed replacement would sit a bit proud. You'd have to do a little experimentation with a selection of props and a wattmeter - certainly have to keep the diameter of a replacement down so that you can maintain ground clearance.

Not a very helpful reply in summary, I'm sorry to say.
something in the size of a 12x5 or12x8 would be to big?
thanks.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 04:14 AM
Angry Bird ...
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
861 Posts
Yep - way too big! The stock prop has a 10" diameter (and I suspect something like a 6.5" or 7" pitch, but that's a guess). As it is, with the stock prop, there is only about 20mm ground clearance. Those props are probably also too big in the electrical sense as well as the mechanical but that too is a guess, because I don't know the KV or maximum current rating of the motor.

You'd be better off with something like a 9.5" x 7.5" - the stock Parkzone T-28 prop would go well.
yarrumevets is offline Find More Posts by yarrumevets
Old Jan 27, 2012, 03:56 PM
Joined Aug 2011
158 Posts
Quote:
Yep - way too big! The stock prop has a 10" diameter (and I suspect something like a 6.5" or 7" pitch, but that's a guess). As it is, with the stock prop, there is only about 20mm ground clearance. Those props are probably also too big in the electrical sense as well as the mechanical but that too is a guess, because I don't know the KV or maximum current rating of the motor.

You'd be better off with something like a 9.5" x 7.5" - the stock Parkzone T-28 prop would go well.
thanks will have to order some of these and try.
the motor is a 750kv will put it on a wattmeter and see what i get.