HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:06 PM
United Kingdom, Warrington
Joined Nov 2012
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarrumevets View Post
Good stuff George! Get yourself a pint of Boddies.
Best of British for the maiden
Steve
Hahaha it's been a long time coming just hope I can finish it offcan't wait to fly it..

Was hopin try my 2nd sabre tomorrow just looked outside its 1.05am and its snowing again
Mrgeorgedoors is offline Find More Posts by Mrgeorgedoors
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:28 PM
Australia, NSW, North Richmond
Joined May 2011
179 Posts
Ive bought props from Phils Hobby Shop. Good people to deal with and fast delivery too
Going on holidays for a few weeks, but might look into it when i get back. Maybe you will have some pics on here with the new gear fitted.

Thanks Bruce
buellbruce is offline Find More Posts by buellbruce
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:36 PM
Angry Bird ...
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
861 Posts
Yep - no worries Bruce, I'll detail everything properly. Have a good break!
Steve
yarrumevets is offline Find More Posts by yarrumevets
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:35 AM
Aaron
Australia
Joined Aug 2012
1,561 Posts
Is anyone running an E-Flite Power 10 in the Durafly Trojan? I am looking to upgrade from my PZ Trojan which is running a Power 10.
Realms is offline Find More Posts by Realms
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:40 AM
Angry Bird ...
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
861 Posts
Realms - speaking for myself only, I've not had a reason to replace the stock G&C 3536 as it's excellent. According to Bungymania it's rated at 350 W (http://www.bungymania.com/imageshome...rf1.php?id=134) but I've been pumping 550+ W into mine for months. A week ago, I ordered two more of these motors - one for my PZ Trojan, and the other for my PZ Thunderbolt. The lower KV allows me to put semi-scale props on them and fly on 4S - great performance with a scale-like appearance on the ground.

Buellbruce has done some high-power upgrades using 2-bladed props and is getting outrageous performance. Looking back over his posts might help if you're after something at the top end.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:59 AM
Angry Bird ...
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying By View Post
The motors also appear to be stocked by HK now too - and cheaper to boot.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...r_Adapter.html

I've just ordered a pair - since there isn't yet a cast-iron guarantee that they are the same as the stock motors (although the specs do tend to match up) I'm going to do a few tests when they arrive.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:04 AM
Aaron
Australia
Joined Aug 2012
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Realms - speaking for myself only, I've not had a reason to replace the stock G&C 3536 as it's excellent. According to Bungymania it's rated at 350 W (http://www.bungymania.com/imageshome...rf1.php?id=134) but I've been pumping 550+ W into mine for months. A week ago, I ordered two more of these motors - one for my PZ Trojan, and the other for my PZ Thunderbolt. The lower KV allows me to put semi-scale props on them and fly on 4S - great performance with a scale-like appearance on the ground.

Buellbruce has done some high-power upgrades using 2-bladed props and is getting outrageous performance. Looking back over his posts might help if you're after something at the top end.
It's just a case of me already having the Power 10 motor and wanting to use it as it's a better motor than the 3536. I was just wondering if anyone else had this setup and that it actually fits etc. Guess there is only one way to find out!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:31 AM
Angry Bird ...
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
861 Posts
Yeh, well - have a go, take some photographs and measurements and let us know how it turns out!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:27 AM
Aaron
Australia
Joined Aug 2012
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Yeh, well - have a go, take some photographs and measurements and let us know how it turns out!
Will do, looking forward to delivery of this Trojan. Looks amazing compared to the PZ. I have flown the SkyRaider and it looks to have a similar heaviness to it that makes it track nicely. On my old PZ with high speed passes I would have to hold heaps of elevator to keep it from climbing. This looks more settled in the videos I have watched. How easy is it to removed the wing? I need to do this for storage and transport unfortunately. Thinking I might splice a heap of extensions and solder into a 24pin atx plug so I only have to plug in one cable instead of 6 or however many it has from the wing.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:48 AM
Australia, QLD, Oxenford
Joined Oct 2010
1,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realms View Post
Will do, looking forward to delivery of this Trojan. Looks amazing compared to the PZ. I have flown the SkyRaider and it looks to have a similar heaviness to it that makes it track nicely. On my old PZ with high speed passes I would have to hold heaps of elevator to keep it from climbing. This looks more settled in the videos I have watched. How easy is it to removed the wing? I need to do this for storage and transport unfortunately. Thinking I might splice a heap of extensions and solder into a 24pin atx plug so I only have to plug in one cable instead of 6 or however many it has from the wing.
It has 4 bolts holding the wing on!!
But there is a few wires and plugs!! 2 plugs for the retracts,2 for the ailerons,2 for the flaps and 2 for the lights. 8 total.

LURCH
taz101 is online now Find More Posts by taz101
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:49 PM
Angry Bird ...
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
861 Posts
Good!
My E-flite 10-15 steerable nose retract has arrived - from Phil's Hobbies (Fort Wayne, IN) to Sydney, perfectly packaged and good-to-go!

Unfortunately, work is getting in the way again and it might be Saturday before I can get the installation done. Surely this will be the last word on the only imperfection in this excellent model! ... I hope.

I'll post some pics when I get time to do the job.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:27 PM
Aaron
Australia
Joined Aug 2012
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Good!
My E-flite 10-15 steerable nose retract has arrived - from Phil's Hobbies (Fort Wayne, IN) to Sydney, perfectly packaged and good-to-go!

Unfortunately, work is getting in the way again and it might be Saturday before I can get the installation done. Surely this will be the last word on the only imperfection in this excellent model! ... I hope.

I'll post some pics when I get time to do the job.
Nice! is it a straight swap or is there some cutting and shutting involved?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:37 AM
Angry Bird ...
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
861 Posts
Don't know yet mate - but knowing how these jobs tend to turn out, I suspect I'll be going through all my "grown-up words" before it's complete.
I'll get back with some useful details in a day or two!
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:20 AM
United Kingdom, Warrington
Joined Nov 2012
553 Posts
I really hope this is a straight swap ish because I've had it with mine, still can't get the nose retract to work correctly and STILL haven't flown this bird yet and I've had it 4 months
Mrgeorgedoors is offline Find More Posts by Mrgeorgedoors
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:50 AM
Angry Bird ...
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
861 Posts
Hang in there George - one way or another we'll get this problem sorted because this plane deserves it!