HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:02 PM
Bathurst, NSW, Oztralia
Joined Mar 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloke330 View Post

Now if only Hobby King sold spare props!..
I can't for the life of me find a prop that looks similar.. Sure!, plenty will fit and do the job, but nothing seems to look as good as the original prop..
Do you have any links to props that might work? I am yet to recieve my T-28 but would love to have some options as spares.
Thanks heaps
rooni79 is offline Find More Posts by rooni79
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:11 AM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Aug 2011
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooni79 View Post
Do you have any links to props that might work? I am yet to recieve my T-28 but would love to have some options as spares.
Thanks heaps
dont take this as gos but i have order a Master Airscrew propeller 10x7 from HK to test will put it on meter when it arrives.hope this will help.
chops.
chops3 is offline Find More Posts by chops3
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:50 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Australia, WA, Parkerville
Joined Sep 2011
1,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chops3 View Post
dont take this as gos but i have order a Master Airscrew propeller 10x7 from HK to test will put it on meter when it arrives.hope this will help.
chops.
I reckon you could get away with an 11x7 or 11x8 3 blade, just make sure you balance your MAS props because they are not always balanced even they say they are. MAS are good and strong as well.

Shaun.

** I should've checked before I posted The MAS 11 inch prop is marginally to big while it does not touch the ground you will be mowing the lawn if you fly from grass and most likely touch on landing, but I did do a watt test the standard prop static @ wot 33.21amp and 385.9 watts with Turnigy 2200mah 3s 40c battery, the Mas 11x8 3 blade static @wot with same battery 28.29amp and 337.1 watts.
So I think the 11 inch is out of the equation. I just checked MAS web site 10x7 3 blade is the largest pitch they do in 10 inch.
Banjofrog is offline Find More Posts by Banjofrog
Last edited by Banjofrog; Feb 18, 2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 01:17 AM
Joined Feb 2012
7 Posts
I went sniffing around at 3 different hobby shops in my local area and what I came home with is two totally different options but its gonna be better than a grounded T-28...I haven't test flown them yet as even though my original prop is very grazed it looks the best..
1st one is two bladed 11X7E APC brand
2nd is 3 bladed 10X5 Master Airscrew brand

seems nothing will look as good as the original....Why can't Hobby King stock a spare prop is beyond me!!!!!
Bloke330 is offline Find More Posts by Bloke330
Old Feb 18, 2012, 01:30 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Australia, WA, Parkerville
Joined Sep 2011
1,399 Posts
As an alternative you could cut down a 11x8 3 blade to 10 1/2 inch if you or we get stuck. Parkzone use a 9.5x7.5 2 blade.

Shaun.
Banjofrog is offline Find More Posts by Banjofrog
Old Feb 19, 2012, 01:23 AM
Joined Aug 2011
158 Posts
credited goes to Scott from discussions at HK
I received the prop spec from HK now...they say spares will be listed soon and the size is 10x5x3. So maybe this one that they list for under $5 will work: Master Airscrew propeller 10x5 (3 blade).
Old Feb 19, 2012, 04:20 AM
Bathurst, NSW, Oztralia
Joined Mar 2011
230 Posts
Is this gospel? Like should I order some of these now..... are you?
Old Feb 19, 2012, 05:07 PM
san jose,ca
Joined Jun 2001
90 Posts
Just maidened my T-28 today. Wish I would have found this forum first. Sure enough my front gear snapped on landing also. Next flight I broke the prop on landing. And on the last flight I hit the apple tree. Only damage was a broken 11x7 prop and busted cowl.

I could not get to the link for the metal trunnion. Is that the same as
http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...ducts_id/2526?

Also Chops3, could you post a link to the propellor discussion. I was going to order the cowl and another retract (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17538 is this correct), but may hold off until the props are available.

Do you think an APC 11x7SF prop would work better than the thin electric?

Thanks
balch is offline Find More Posts by balch
Old Feb 19, 2012, 05:42 PM
Bathurst, NSW, Oztralia
Joined Mar 2011
230 Posts
The reunion should be the mini which I think you have correct
Old Feb 19, 2012, 05:48 PM
Joined Aug 2011
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balch View Post
Just maidened my T-28 today. Wish I would have found this forum first. Sure enough my front gear snapped on landing also. Next flight I broke the prop on landing. And on the last flight I hit the apple tree. Only damage was a broken 11x7 prop and busted cowl.

I could not get to the link for the metal trunnion. Is that the same as
http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...ducts_id/2526?

Also Chops3, could you post a link to the propellor discussion. I was going to order the cowl and another retract (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17538 is this correct), but may hold off until the props are available.

Do you think an APC 11x7SF prop would work better than the thin electric?

Thanks
11x7SF prop is to long you will have to cut it down to at least 10 1/2 inch to clear run way

Read under discussions.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00mm_PNF_.html
Last edited by chops3; Feb 19, 2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 07:49 AM
Don't Panic!
Australia, WA, Baldivis
Joined Jul 2011
248 Posts
Well I am VERY impressed with this aircraft. Maiden flight at sunset went without a hitch. 2 1/2 batteries later and I was convinced this was going to be a regular choice when packing up the car to go flying.
This is my first plane with flaps or retracts.
I assume it is standard practise to mix in down elevator with flaps down to counteract balooning? Do some also mix up elevator with undercarraige down to counteract increased drag? Didn't have too much trouble allowing for both - the old fashioned way. But it did keep me busy!
Landings took a little more power/speed than I was expecting but again nothing totally unpredictable. Thought the nav lights were a bit of a gimmick, but at just after sunset, they were quite noticable and just a tiny bit cool
I love this plane!
GavDorro is offline Find More Posts by GavDorro
Old Feb 21, 2012, 01:25 PM
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Aug 2008
875 Posts
What a great looking place to fly, Gav! Keep the reports/updates coming.
BadClams is offline Find More Posts by BadClams
Old Feb 21, 2012, 04:44 PM
Don't Panic!
Australia, WA, Baldivis
Joined Jul 2011
248 Posts
Thanks Clams!

Yep, it is a very good place to fly. Luckily it is about 7 minutes from my place.
Next flight will probably have a wing cam strapped to the belly.
If you would like to see the flight area from the air, check out my blog. Have some really good footage from the hardpoint/wing of my 70mm EDF Alpha fighter.
GavDorro is offline Find More Posts by GavDorro
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:10 PM
Bathurst, NSW, Oztralia
Joined Mar 2011
230 Posts
Can any one confirm for me what channel is what please?
Just in the process of building mine....
Old Feb 22, 2012, 01:51 AM
Joined Feb 2012
7 Posts
Chops3,
Are you serious that HobbyKing will sell spare props soooooooooooooooooon?????
Can't wait!!!!....
Bloke330 is offline Find More Posts by Bloke330