SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Peter M, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 01, 2012, 01:12 AM
Chillaxin dude!
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
4,809 Posts
Got my delivery from Esprit today.. but not happy.. Turns out the folder I ordered is not a GM one, but a copy that they have de-rated to only 400W (I'm pretty sure that wasn't there when I ordered them). So absolutely useless for an F5D setup.. On the plus side.. got a couple of useful spinners and a Kontronik gearbox.

Now where is the best place to get both genuine GM 5x5 folder + some of the 9"oversquare folders?
BulletMaster is offline Find More Posts by BulletMaster
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2012, 05:14 AM
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Joined Sep 2007
2,365 Posts
BM,
Soaring USA seem to be the only US retailer Georgi deals with since he became aware of what Espirit were doing with the spare blades he was sending them. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=63 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=59 & http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=58

SUSA have both the 4.7x4.7 and 5x5 in stock I think: http://www.soaringusa.com/product.ph...&cat=60&page=1
and http://www.soaringusa.com/product.ph...&cat=60&page=1

As for oversquare folders, I suggest we wait a month as I think our options may broaden and be better.

I finally obtained some 1mm cf sheet (to make horns) and some micro MP-Jet clevises (recommended by Yuri and actually fit inside the fin) plus maiden my latest heavy Stryker on Sunday (Mega 22/50 and eventually my 22/60, ICE 200 on 7 cell 4000's) so am finally ready to get stuck into my X Plane too!

Good luck with your racing this weekend!
Peter
Peter M is offline Find More Posts by Peter M
Last edited by Peter M; May 01, 2012 at 06:04 AM.
Old May 01, 2012, 10:48 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,382 Posts
That's a mean looking Stryker, Peter!
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old May 01, 2012, 07:21 PM
Joined May 2010
1,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletMaster View Post
Got my delivery from Esprit today.. but not happy.. Turns out the folder I ordered is not a GM one, but a copy that they have de-rated to only 400W (I'm pretty sure that wasn't there when I ordered them). So absolutely useless for an F5D setup.. On the plus side.. got a couple of useful spinners and a Kontronik gearbox.

Now where is the best place to get both genuine GM 5x5 folder + some of the 9"oversquare folders?
Looks like I have to correct couple of urban legends.

1) This is not a copy of GM prop, but our product developed for pylon racer beginners. We NEVER EVER intended this prop for F5D and NEVER EVER we planned to used it in such a manner.
2) We never EVER received any spare blades, all we got was one shipment of blade/prop combos 3 months after we paid for them. After that we were told too bad just F. off.
3) Please realize we also read forums.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is online now Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old May 02, 2012, 05:57 AM
Joined Sep 2007
2,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
Looks like I have to correct couple of urban legends.

1) This is not a copy of GM prop, but our product developed for pylon racer beginners. We NEVER EVER intended this prop for F5D and NEVER EVER we planned to used it in such a manner.
2) We never EVER received any spare blades, all we got was one shipment of blade/prop combos 3 months after we paid for them. After that we were told too bad just F…. off.
3) Please realize we also read forums.

Zb/Esprit Model
1) How many purchasers of props of this size and style - particularly when you did not make it clear that they were no longer made by GM - would expect the props to be limited to 400 watts? I suggest BM would have spent his money at SUSA if this information was available on your website at the time of his purchase.

I guess you should be applauded for now warning purchasers that there are safety issues with these items if used at commonly achieved rpms.

2) Can only agree that positive communication isn't an attribute of this manufacturer.

3) I am pleased that you feel compelled to tell us you read forums. I certainly have learnt lots from them.
Last edited by Peter M; May 02, 2012 at 06:07 AM.
Old May 02, 2012, 06:03 AM
Chillaxin dude!
Joined Apr 2003
4,809 Posts
Esprit is wrong... their packaging explicitly has F5D in the part number-description..

I wouldn't have purchased if I had realised the watt limit was so low.

I will say that shipping options from Esprit are far cheaper than the SUSA ones.. (unless SUSA wishes to amend?)..

$17 USD from Esprit as opposed to $39 USD from SUSA (for a single 5x5 GM folder to Australia).
Old May 02, 2012, 06:03 AM
Joined Sep 2007
2,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
That's a mean looking Stryker, Peter!
Thanks Peter!

I am certainly excited about running 4000 or so watts through it!
Old May 03, 2012, 03:53 AM
Joined Sep 2007
2,365 Posts
M Koch 10x20 Prop

Gerben,
Who seems to be sensible type of guy posts some data from his Viper that is powered by a Kira 480 - 34 5.2:1 on 5 cell 1800 : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1144
Last edited by Peter M; May 03, 2012 at 06:31 AM.
Old May 06, 2012, 12:28 AM
Joined Sep 2007
2,365 Posts
M Koch 9.5x16.something

Actually they're 9.8x17's but the small spinner knocks the diameter and pitch down a bit!

Swapped ICE esc's in my Summit last week so actually managed to get some data yesterday:

Straight and level and unloaded gave:
17.8 volts at 25% discharge
44.2 amps
787 watts
10,757 rpm of about 173mph pitch speed assuming 17 inches of pitch.
Old May 06, 2012, 07:04 AM
Chillaxin dude!
Joined Apr 2003
4,809 Posts
Ta for the data... need to up those watts to get a bit more airspeed mate Currently running around an F400 speed... need a few more MPH to get the F3D speed area..

But glad to see you are getting her out there.

You missed a HUGE day of carnage at Illawarra today.. I counted at least 8 damaged racers. Unfortunately 2 of those were mine The Shoestring is no more Lost to a mid-air.
Old May 07, 2012, 07:16 AM
Joined Sep 2007
2,365 Posts
Then I'm pleased I missed Illawarra! LOL.

Sorry to hear about your Shoestring. Knowing you I'm sure you have its replacement on the way already!

Yes, I was surprised how low the current draw was but find it plenty fast enough at the moment. Hopefully by the time I get used to it there will be some 10x20 ish blades locally available! Alternatively I could always swap the motor for a higher kV.

It still amazes me how precise and steady it is to fly AND how hard it is to land at the Rebel field if there isn't a headwind!
Old May 07, 2012, 07:32 AM
Chillaxin dude!
Joined Apr 2003
4,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
Then I'm pleased I missed Illawarra! LOL.

Sorry to hear about your Shoestring. Knowing you I'm sure you have its replacement on the way already!
LOL... one in a box in the spare room already
Old May 20, 2012, 05:42 PM
Joined Sep 2007
2,365 Posts
Double Oversquare Folders Setups - Actual Testing

A setup that doesn't work: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=647

More words of wisdom from Yello again:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=669
&
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=671
Last edited by Peter M; May 21, 2012 at 05:08 AM.
Old May 21, 2012, 06:11 AM
Norway, Nordland, Saltdal
Joined May 2012
13 Posts
hi guys, this is my first post, and from norway so my englesh is not so good.

This is my first hotliner/warmliner and new too this, nobody els around my flying area have thise.

But what do you think of my setup?

MP_SWIFT Reverb Full Composite High Performance Elect
*JIT-Item (this item takes 3-5 days to dispatch)

Spin-34-4 Folding Prop Spinner 38mm / 4.0mm shaft

CF-FOLD11x8 Carbon Fibre 11x8 Folding Prop Blades

9318000012 Turnigy TGY-778MG Alloy Case Digital Slim Wi

MG14 Hextronik MG-14 14g/2.2kg/0.11sec aircraft s

TR_P60A TURNIGY Plush 60amp Speed Controller

D480L-1370 Turnigy 480L V-Spec Inrunner w/ Impeller 137

AM1001A PolyMax 3.5mm Gold Connectors 10 PAIRS (20PC
fjante is offline Find More Posts by fjante
Last edited by fjante; May 21, 2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old May 22, 2012, 05:40 AM
Joined Sep 2007
2,365 Posts
Hi fjante,
I'm sorry that I'm not familar with this model but have noticed that there seems to be a very active thread on it here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1237433

I would suggest it would be worth the effort to read the thread first and then copy whichever setup appeals to you best.

You may also substitute in HK items for the name brand items. I've had good success with HK items so can recommend them. Also everything is very inexpensive so if you are not sure of something, it doesn't cost much to try it out!

Good luck with it!

Are you far from Telemark (and Arcteryxxx)?

Regards
Peter

PS: Your english is great, keep at it!