Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 25, 2011, 06:12 AM
Joined Mar 2010
441 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures. I will try and make it Monday morning.

Merry Christmas to all.

Eric
SubManEric is offline Find More Posts by SubManEric
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:34 AM
United States, GA, St Marys
Joined Apr 2008
24 Posts
Here are some pics of the Chipmunk. I still have to add the fillets. They are a real thin plastic that will need glassed and then painted to match (or come as close as I can) to the covering. Weight is 9lb 11oz. I will be flying it with a Saito 120. Hopefully I will get it in the air soon. As of 12:30 today it is still foggy.
rfenster is offline Find More Posts by rfenster
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:27 PM
Joined Mar 2008
43 Posts
Slow Stick Project

Finished the structure of the Millenium R/C kit to turn my old Slow Stick into a Slow Stick Extreme (SSX). 3 nights construction in it. Dropped it off tonight at Robs for him to do me a favor (i.e. cover it). Kit comes with all upgraded hardware that mounts to the stick also, and better landing gear. Looking forward to getting it done.
Sir FlyAlot is offline Find More Posts by Sir FlyAlot
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Apr 2008
24 Posts
The planets must have been in perfect alignment

for this to happen......

That is Steve flying an airplane!
Old Apr 14, 2012, 05:24 PM
Joined Apr 2008
24 Posts
IKON NW Decathlon

This is a resurrection project. I just about have it ready to go. It has a 90" w/s and weighs 10lb 4oz. The plans call for a 91 four stroke. I put a Saito 91 on it. We will see how that does. I hope to fly it next weekend. I have a few tweaks to do to it.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 05:21 PM
Joined Mar 2008
43 Posts
Latest Project

Here are some pics of my latest project. I have had this in my shed standing on it's nose for about a year and a half. I finally decided to start doing something with it. It needs ALOT of work, mostly tedious fixing parts of the design stuff. The body was covered when I got it, but was crappy, and I needed to uncover it to do some fixin. It is a TopFlite Gold Edition Stinson Reliant SR9, 100" wingspan with a Quadra 35 magneto spring start motor. I am praying that Rob will help me re-cover it once I'm done, then I am going to attempt to paint it myself. I got all the electronics installed and tested (for the most part) last night. I keep thinking of small improvements that are needed as I go, like there is no access to the rear servo's once it's covered, and no way to retrieve wires if necessary from them to the cockpit. Had some blind nuts back off that I had to cut into to re-attach, there is a small gap in the middle where the wings meet the fuse, etc,etc, etc. Sort of having fun with it trying to make it right. The MOST difficult part is going to be re-doing and designing the cockpit canopy and windshield area. YUK! Anyway, just wanted to share. Thanks for the good turnout last week for the paper. The article should be out tomorrow. Jeff
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:04 PM
Joined Mar 2008
43 Posts
Stinson Cabin Detailing

Here's what I have done so far on the Cabin detailing of the 1/5 scale 100" Stinton Reliant I am working on. Now I am working on the Dash. Just wanted to share.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:30 PM
Joined Mar 2008
43 Posts
Stinson Reliant Update

Here is where I am. Working on painting and Scale Details. The pic of the Pink stripes on the bottom of the wing is the simulated rib stitching prior to painting. Underneath the stips (hard to see), are small perpendicular lines each hand laid with glue. More time consuming stuff, but makes a huge difference in scale appearance. Cabin/WIndshield area was the hardest. Still won't know how it really looks until I untape it, but that will be a bit until painting is complete. I went with an old plane that used to exist that belonged to a Pepsi Cola representative.
One pic is the original, and the other is one someone colored in. Those pics are in the next post.
Hope you enjoy. Should only be a couple more weeks at the most.
Jeff
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:32 PM
Joined Mar 2008
43 Posts
Stinson Update Scheme

Here's the scheme I am going with.
Jeff
Old Mar 12, 2013, 07:03 AM
Joined Mar 2008
43 Posts
Jeff and Dave's 1/4 Scale Cubs

Just posting a pic I thought was neat. We will be going to an all CUB Fly-In down in Glenn St. Mary on Saturday May 3rd at Shadetree.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 05:27 PM
Joined Apr 2008
24 Posts
My new toy

Got it for 299 and free shipping. Hope to have it ready in a couple of weeks. It uses two aileron servos per ailerons so I have to order those. I also want to get a pitts muffler for it.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 07:10 PM
Joined Apr 2008
24 Posts
Mig 27

Just finished up a Mig 27 target drone by Carl Goldberg. This was used back in the 80's for target practice. It is all styrofoam painted with the cheapest rattle can paint I could find.