HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2012, 02:38 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
32.60 + p&p based on the list Gaz sent Connor & myself.

Save money for the Glavak by using CF rod & some 5 servos Connor. People may accuse me of trying to hinder your performance so my scores don't look so embarrassing but they would be wrong :-)

Dave
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2012, 02:51 PM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,934 Posts
He's already got decent servos and an axi in his Silent Angel Dave. Could have got himself a Glavak with the money he spent on the Arrow and the new servos though
Andycap is offline Find More Posts by Andycap
Old Jan 24, 2012, 03:17 PM
Connor Stephenson
Joined Jan 2012
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andycap View Post
He's already got decent servos and an axi in his Silent Angel Dave. Could have got himself a Glavak with the money he spent on the Arrow and the new servos though
Wrong, I've asked for some stuff for the Arrow for my Birthday plus I only have it because Paul gave me it at the EIM and asked me to do a video for him

The Silent Angel seems too good to ruin just to get some old slow SD100's out when it still flies better than most F3P models out there The Axi, ESC and rx are coming off the Silent Angel for the Disney, I'm trying to use stuff I already have...

Connor
F3P Connor is offline Find More Posts by F3P Connor
Last edited by F3P Connor; Jan 24, 2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 12:55 AM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3P Connor View Post
Wrong, I've asked for some stuff for the Arrow for my Birthday plus I only have it because Paul gave me it at the EIM and asked me to do a video for him

Connor
You wanted one for ages . I must admit the Spektrum servos are very impressive, just a bit heavy foe my inadequate flying style
Andycap is offline Find More Posts by Andycap
Old Jan 25, 2012, 02:09 AM
Foam alone.
Portsmouth England
Joined Feb 2005
565 Posts
Thought my carbon list might be useful:

5m 0.7mm tube for the top wing, aileron and fuselage bracing. You might need another metre of 0.7 or 1mm depending on whether you go push rod for the elevator?

2m 1mm tube for the underwing bracing.

1m 1.5mm tube for the aileron push rods.

1m 2mm tube for the undercart legs (I made each leg 220mm long)

2m 3 x 0.13mm carbon strip for the front and rear of the wing.

If you look at the FoamToAir build pics, they used 0.7mm tube for the underwing bracing and didn't bother with any strip on the leading edge of the wing. However, I figured from a practicle point of view the model had to be transported from vehicle to venue in the UK wind, so beefed it all up a bit.
garyholland is offline Find More Posts by garyholland
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Migs
Old Jan 25, 2012, 02:39 AM
Foam alone.
Portsmouth England
Joined Feb 2005
565 Posts
As Andy pointed out, the Turnigy 2204 motor I used was lightened from 20 down to 17 grms and the motor wires soldered direct to a Turnigy 6 amp esc. The two together weighed 22grms and were attached to the nose with some POR and thin strips on strapping tape. Personally, I think bolting an Axi to the long slender Disney beak and getting the CG right is doable - even possibly without resorting to rhinoplasty!! You just have to plan ahead a bit and not make the stupid mistake I did, by putting the radio gear as far forward as pos
garyholland is offline Find More Posts by garyholland
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Migs
Old Jan 25, 2012, 04:40 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Just been looking at pictures of Adam's Disney. He used the 2203 Race & 3 D47(SD100) servos.

Aileron servo in pretty much same place but lighter. Elevator servo in same location but rudder servo mounted behind rather than above. Battery slightly further back but probably a good thing as you want as little mass as possible away from CG.

Dave
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Old Jan 25, 2012, 06:04 AM
Connor Stephenson
Joined Jan 2012
55 Posts
I've looked at Adams too and I'm gonna do the same... Think I'll use the same aileron servo as Gary so I'll move everything back a little bit
more.
Plus Adam has a 35meg rx and a standard gws prop, neither of which will I be using so overall I think it'll be fine. Apart from my ludicrously heavy building skills of course

Connor
F3P Connor is offline Find More Posts by F3P Connor
Old Jan 25, 2012, 08:48 AM
Hoofddorp Holland
Joined Sep 2005
37 Posts
Flying a Aeromusical with the F3P DiSney?!
Here a video: http://airtoimedia.nl/web/upload/vdV...xodus-Pink.wmv
Dick v/d Vecht is offline Find More Posts by Dick v/d Vecht
Old Feb 05, 2012, 05:09 AM
Atleast It's in one piece
United Kingdom, North Weald Bassett
Joined Nov 2008
387 Posts
Hi Derk

Ive noticed your fus is a slightly different shape to the production model is there a performance reason to this?

Arcright
Arcright is offline Find More Posts by Arcright
Old Feb 05, 2012, 05:46 AM
Hoofddorp Holland
Joined Sep 2005
37 Posts
Derk is allways trying to improve the design. At this moment he is flying with yet another, even bigger, fuselage shape. For flying the standard P13 schedule, the standard shape is excellent. For flying the F13 program in a small hall, with a ceiling of 6,5 meters, the newer shape looks to be a bit better.
Dick v/d Vecht is offline Find More Posts by Dick v/d Vecht
Old Feb 05, 2012, 08:34 AM
Atleast It's in one piece
United Kingdom, North Weald Bassett
Joined Nov 2008
387 Posts
Hi Dick

Thanks for the info I wondered if the changes were for a particular type of schedule or sequence.
Sorry for getting the name wrong I should look more closely at the names of the contributors

Arcright
Arcright is offline Find More Posts by Arcright
Old Feb 05, 2012, 09:10 AM
Sparta,WI,USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,504 Posts
Thank You for the amazing video. The selection of music is perfect and the flying....
excellent. This video is on the top of my favorites list.

Are there plans available for the Disney ?

RonJ
Sparta, Wisconsin
USA
RonJ is offline Find More Posts by RonJ
Old Feb 06, 2012, 04:14 AM
Velserbroek, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
11 Posts
No plans, but look at http://foamtoair.f3ascore.com/
wjpadevries is offline Find More Posts by wjpadevries
Old Feb 09, 2012, 02:25 PM
Hoofddorp Holland