HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by turboparker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 03:52 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,181 Posts
Gallery
Having fun with the Beast 3D indoors

Took the new Beast to our indoor meet last night. It's an absolute blast to fly indoors! So silky & smooth, yet so precise. Just like a perfectly-tuned pattern ship. But slow-flight is also piece of cake. Hardly any wing-rock during harriers, rolls and it's easy to do slow KE down low! I don't understand the comments about the roll-rate not being fast enough. I moved the aileron pushrods to the second from the innermost holes, and rolls are crisp & quick even at half-throttle. I've flown the V1 Beast in there quite a few times. It's fun, but the Beast 3D is even more fun. It instills a level of confidence well-beyond what I've ever felt with the V1.

Here's some video. Just your basic lazy indoor flying - low & slow circuits, touch & gos, loops, rolls, KE circuits, high-alpha, and a few torque-rolls.

Having fun with the Beast 3D indoors (13 min 40 sec)
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts