HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by turboparker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 04:35 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Gallery
Having fun with the UMX Beast 3D in the wind.

Wind was up, so I went to the field with the 3D & V1 to do a comparison. Wow! What a difference! The AS3X really works extremely well in the gusty conditions. In fact, I'd say that wind-handling is it's strong-point. First, I flew the Beast 3D & then the V1. I was running Hyp 240 2s packs in both planes, with a 5030 on the 3D & a 5043 on the V1. The throws are the same on both planes - elevator & rudder pushrods in the innermost holes, with the aileron pushrods in the second hole out. The Beast 3D was actually fun to fly in that wind! The V1 - not so much. According to the local wx station log, the wind during the following flights was 9 MPH, gusting to 16 MPH.

UMX Beast 3D vs Beast V1 in the wind (17 min 4 sec)

EDIT:

That was so much fun, I went back to the field after the wind had picked up to 8-19 MPH for another romp with the Beast 3D.

UMX Beast 3D in an 8-19 MPH wind (8 min 53 sec)

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Dec 17, 2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Added video
to remove ads between posts