Old Dec 17, 2011, 02:16 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
Complaint
its in the chit chat area

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post20154058

i don't see a problem with this post.i was not speaking religion or politics.I was simply bringing attention to a fellow that has written an article saying a certain group of AMERICANS,(Christians to be exact) would burn down other people's churches and building and attack folk.Was my view (In the chit chat area where we talk about most everything and do not have a topic,except to not have a topic)Most of the folk that post in there are ok with my rant and know I'm not politicking or preaching.I think a point is way harsh and also removing the post was not needed or warranted.Please take a look at it.
Matt
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2011, 03:16 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,341 Posts
Typically posts like that do belong in LTUP. Would you like to appeal the point?
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Dec 17, 2011, 03:27 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
Typically posts like that do belong in LTUP. Would you like to appeal the point?
please i meant no harm in the thread.wasnt directed at anyone in particular.We pass links back and forth in there from time to time and i thought that one was kinda like thos.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 09:25 AM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,341 Posts
You can edit the post or appeal the warning. Just let me know which one you want to choose.
Administrator
Old Dec 18, 2011, 09:10 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
I'm not sure I understand the difference.What does appeal the warning mean/do?
Sorry,Ive not been down this road before.Any other posts I've got hit for i agreed with my warnings lol.and edited them.This one I feel strongly it needed no editing.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:38 AM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,341 Posts
I am going to format an appeal for you. Then I will move the post to the Moderation Appeals section of the site. At that point the owner of the site will look at your issue and make a determination.
Administrator
Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:39 AM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,341 Posts
Link - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post20154058
Warning - Offensive content (Flatulence)
Issue:
Quote:
i don't see a problem with this post.i was not speaking religion or politics.I was simply bringing attention to a fellow that has written an article saying a certain group of AMERICANS,(Christians to be exact) would burn down other people's churches and building and attack folk.Was my view (In the chit chat area where we talk about most everything and do not have a topic,except to not have a topic)Most of the folk that post in there are ok with my rant and know I'm not politicking or preaching.I think a point is way harsh and also removing the post was not needed or warranted.Please take a look at it.
Administrator
Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:47 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
ok thanks Jim.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:36 PM
Administrator
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Nov 1998
5,405 Posts
I've reversed the infraction.

I don't understand why the moderator would give you a flatulence point for posting about religion in the "Chit Chat" area. It's ok to post such topics there.

The only difference, really, between Chit Chat and Life, the Universe, and Politics, is that users can moderate their own threads in Chit Chat. Infractions in Chit Chat should be very rare because the users can take care of things themselves in there.

Jim
jbourke is offline Find More Posts by jbourke
Administrator
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:14 AM
Administrator
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Nov 1998
5,405 Posts
It's just been pointed out to me that the description for the Chit Chat forum has this line:

Quote:
No political or religious posts are allowed.
Which pretty well explains why the mod took action.

I made a mistake here, but in the interest of goodwill I'll let the infraction go.

Jim
jbourke is offline Find More Posts by jbourke
Administrator
Closed Thread