HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:59 AM
Joined Nov 2011
160 Posts
Discussion
Kyosho Graupner yz250 moto cross rider w/pics

So does anyone else on here own one of these? How to they perform and handle? Mine is listed in the classifieds and brand new in the box. I want to badly take it out, put it together, and go in the dirt but they are quite rare I just dont have the guts to do it.. Anyone have any experience with them? How collectable are they? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks
htmlhuh is offline Find More Posts by htmlhuh
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2011, 01:16 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
Personaly, i'd say quite rare and collectable as you don't see them up for say that often and generally sell for quite a bit. Not sure about how they run as i haven't actually seen one in person (in box or running)
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Dec 17, 2011, 06:50 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,840 Posts
I guess you are trying to sell this, no one has ever seen these run and I doubt we ever will, good luck with the sale.
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Dec 17, 2011, 06:58 PM
Joined Nov 2011
160 Posts
I might sell or trade it depending on the offer. I'm kind of undecided. It would have to be a really nice offer. From the research I've done these don't show up too often nib
Old Dec 18, 2011, 07:09 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by htmlhuh View Post
I might sell or trade it depending on the offer. I'm kind of undecided. It would have to be a really nice offer. From the research I've done these don't show up too often nib
Yeah I thought so !
Old Dec 18, 2011, 09:31 PM
Nitro! collect them all.
United States, NY, Brentwood
Joined Jan 2008
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco View Post
Yeah I thought so !
Is like being teased by a pair boobs !!! You wanna play with them so bad .... but its gonna cost YA !!
malcabro racer is offline Find More Posts by malcabro racer
Last edited by malcabro racer; Dec 18, 2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 02:30 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kegresse View Post
Hi, I got this from an old website.

Kegresse
Yep... I'm old too!
steliosh is online now Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:59 PM
Joined Nov 2011
160 Posts
Your absolutely right! Lol man it's so tempting. I had to pack it up and put it in the attic! Lol I'm goi got take it down soon and let it breathe on the shelf for a little while. I'll probably oil the tires and shock boots to keep them from dry rotting. Any suggestion? The tires still have the knobs on them. I think I read somewhere that the knobs were a cover of some sort. Can anyone clarify?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 09:24 AM
Nitro! collect them all.
Joined Jan 2008
246 Posts
htmlhuh, if i had the money i would definitely love to have yours($1000) but i got no money...YET!! ...I have to settle with these 2 with some spare parts I have gather here and there. Getting the paper work for them is hard. I only manage to get a blow up diagram of parts and recently a book in German. Regarding keeping the rubber in good shape cause they do rot and rip apart. I use Armor All and WD40. I don't know why the oil but it does well in Moisturizing and glossy the look on these rubber boobs... NICELY. But the plastic parts are so bad. I hope one day to make something more durable.
I have not run them yet but i know one day i will.
Last edited by malcabro racer; Dec 21, 2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 01:12 PM
Joined Nov 2011
160 Posts
If you offered me 1k I would have to pass on that offer. I've seen and heard of numbers double that and even a little more. It hasn't had very much interest. Your bikes look very nice. Can you post some more pictures? I can email you scans of the paper work when I dig it up if you want. I promised another member I would do the same. Just pm me your email and I'll send you a copy as well. How much do you have invested in those two? Have you ran either one of them yet? I've been looking for a nib rider. I'll trade you a new in box rider for a copy of the paper work lol jk I can't seem to find a rider though. I did get an offer to trade for a gpv-1 I didn't take it as insulting but instead took it as the interested party was uneducated on the value of these. No harm done it was worth a shot on their part.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 04:20 PM
Nitro! collect them all.
Joined Jan 2008
246 Posts
YIKES!!!oh de..de..dear. i hope not to disappoint you or embarrass you with my offer in front of these Members PLEASE FORGIVE ME.. BUT looky here. I took photos of these 2 bikes i got from Germany (not from Mongoloids in Asia who find old Shit and sell it as if it was a bar of gold . poor communist bastards )
The rider with the box. i got it for $100 here in the US. the rest of additional parts came from http://stores.ebay.com/Antonias-RC-B...=p4634.c0.m322. When they had the new parts as a buy now option. Beyond those double numbers. Only in Hong Kong i have seen them but i never deal with them or touch nothing vintage as it may not be. Only the kyosho sidecar 750 is the most i have spend for $1900 from a US seller and i regret doing it but is done. (I just felt deeply in love when i saw sitting in the lap of a brown sofa) and it was a very nerve wreaking deal. The guy triple boxed it when i got it.
Last edited by malcabro racer; Dec 21, 2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 04:23 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,840 Posts
Has anyone ever, and I mean ever, seen one of these run? there is nothing on the net or forums, If I had one I would of least run it just once and get some vid, but thats just me.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 02:09 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,315 Posts
never! Not even in a box!!!
steliosh is online now Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Dec 22, 2011, 03:39 AM
Copenhagen, Danmark
Joined Dec 2009
35 Posts
Strange. Not long ago, in this forum. someone mentioned he ran his often!
Some 25 years ago, it was new then, a friend got one.
Nitro fasinated him.
We had only the choise of an elecrider in those days.
He was 1:8 car racer. Nitro thise were.
Tried the Yamaha once, and it would not run even in a streight line!
Condemed shelfqueen ever after.
Erling.
gnilre is offline Find More Posts by gnilre