Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:57 AM
Jack of all master of none
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airframe23 View Post
Here is mine. 2 Dle 35 will be powering it and it is Don smith plans
Nice build thanks for sharing the photo.

Bruce
splinterz25 is offline Find More Posts by splinterz25
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:49 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,151 Posts
Still no report from anyone building on Mossies I guess I'll have to do something on mine to keep this thread going?
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:31 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Hi Bruce, have been working on steadily and found out about the Flap problem. It really is out of line so that the flap moves sideways a bit. Thought about for a while and decided to build the second wing while I continue to think of a solution. I have put together the Nacelle frame work to see how it will fit to ensure that I do not build something in the wrong space.
I have found a solution to the flap probem, with some very nice hinges to hold the control rod so will get back to that shortly.
So here are some photos with the present progress.
Roddie is offline Find More Posts by Roddie
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:21 AM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,151 Posts
WOW looking great I'm amazed how much progress you have made w/ all of your traveling
quite impressive!
I can't see if you have completed the joint between the two wing haves but never the less great
work. Don't go to far w/ the nacelle be for you get the gear in there LOL!!

Bruce
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:49 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Bruce
Thats right I have not completed the jointing between the two wings, just the bolts. Have to add the dihedral brace etc....Also to fine sand the second wing before top sheeting. Then start on the Flaps again and the elevators for both wings. Finally the landing gear to a buy pre-made or build?? As for the nacelle just wanted to see how it would fit and where the bracing should go.before I go to far with building the Flap hinges and control gear and install the landing gear. Just a bit of forward planning.
Finally I am going on another short trip to the coast, as it is warm here so a bit of sea breeze is in order (and to keep the wife happy).
All the best Rod

So a lot still to go.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:39 AM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,151 Posts
Yes Roddie... But you are making great headway and it's a smart thing to plan ahead
I'm still working on the P- 38 but once I get her to the painting stage (The aft end) I will have drying time so then I will also set up the Mossie in my new building room and get back on that FLAP set up/ landing gear along w/ many other things yet to do.
the P-38 was started 5/17/11 so I wanted to push a bit on that one, but I don't want this project to fall by the way side either.

Bruce
Old Feb 15, 2013, 03:28 PM
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Palmerston North
Joined Mar 2012
44 Posts
Progress has stalled on my mossie for awhile, been busy with some landscaping and any building time has been devoted to an Extra for IMAC and a patternpmodel lately. And with the expected arrival of our first baby in July, we'll see what happens then

ps, there is some really nice work going on out there, keep it up guys
grahamj4 is offline Find More Posts by grahamj4
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:02 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamj4 View Post
Progress has stalled on my mossie for awhile, been busy with some landscaping and any building time has been devoted to an Extra for IMAC and a patternpmodel lately. And with the expected arrival of our first baby in July, we'll see what happens then

ps, there is some really nice work going on out there, keep it up guys
Well congratulations Graham I hope you keep on building, BUT when my first one was born I too was building a "Stuka" well needless to say it was 18 plus years until I got back to building models I hope you have a different experience and can teach the little one to build and fly as well
And YES! we have a good bunch of guys building this plane on this thread it seems that most of us are busy w/ other things right now, but I now have all of my stuff moved in the building room and as soon as I can put everything in it's place the Mossie will go on the other side of my new work table and I'll be able to work both planes P-38 & Mossie at the same time. here's some shots of the new room.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:36 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
HI Bruce wow some build room. Currently mine a little space in the garage that is used for a lot of things. Perhaps I can asspire to have one in the future. But a great room.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:20 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
HI Bruce wow some build room. Currently mine a little space in the garage that is used for a lot of things. Perhaps I can asspire to have one in the future. But a great room.
Roddie... thanks I'm also working on the shop in my basement but that has a good ways to go I'll post some photos later when it's closer to finished.

Bruce
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:09 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,151 Posts
HERE'S SOME INFO ON THE WAR BIRDS OVER THE BEACH

VA. BEACH MILITARY AIRCRAFT MUSEUM

MAY 17 - 19 - 2013 ADULT $22 DAY, WEEKEND COMBO $40
" " YOUTH$10 DAY, WEEKEND COMBO $18

LINK
http://www.militaryaviationmuseum.or...r-show-tickets

Bruce
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:51 AM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Work Progressing

Hi Bruce, Have been active on the second wing covered the top and started the elevator and flaps!!!
Must take some time off though, must do some work for the wife, you remember those helping hand we must give with a smile or else!!!!!!!.
Hope your build room is progreessing and your P 38 Had a look at your build log, impressive
All best Rod
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:13 AM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,151 Posts
Thanks Roddie ...looking really good don't know how you find the time to do it all.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:17 AM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Bruce, its easy I'm retired. Also ex IT project manager so time management is natural.
Have carried on with the second wing and very close to the FLAP ACTUATOR. Will play for a while then probaly yell for help.
All best (no phots this time)
Rod
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:28 AM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
Bruce, its easy I'm retired. Also ex IT project manager so time management is natural.
Have carried on with the second wing and very close to the FLAP ACTUATOR. Will play for a while then probaly yell for help.
All best (no phots this time)
Rod
Roddie ....Your closing in fast on my progress great job My FLAP ACTUATOR Isn't working just yet but is close
I'll give you any help you need if I can, I'm pushing to finish all of my house hold
work so I can get back to building soon.

Bruce