Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:07 PM
Jack of all master of none
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneswag View Post
I know it seems silly, but did'nt I see somewhere that they wer'nt allowed to fly wooden aircraft in the USA?
I've never heard that but it may be true we have many restrictions here in the USA since 911? But I'm hoping your wrong I want to make the trip where ever they fly this baby so I can hear those engines up close and see her first hand as well!

Bruce
splinterz25 is offline Find More Posts by splinterz25
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:44 AM
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Nov 2004
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneswag View Post
I know it seems silly, but did'nt I see somewhere that they wer'nt allowed to fly wooden aircraft in the USA?
Well then, desribe it as composite , aerospace resin with natural fibrous filler / spacer material
PeterF is offline Find More Posts by PeterF
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:29 AM
United States, MD, Frostburg
Joined Aug 2008
1,426 Posts
I can't imagine that there are restrictions like that...a large % of homebuilt aircraft use wood in their construction (some are all wood). Maybe experimental planes are exempt from any such laws?
4075aaron is offline Find More Posts by 4075aaron
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:48 PM
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Nov 2004
329 Posts
I visited one of my local air museums today (Yorkshire Air Museum), I had never been before and surprise of surpises they had a Mosquito, a night fighter version, I did not know until I turned up, quite interesting having a look around. The light was quite low in the hangar and my pictures did not turn out very well. The plane is registered at HJ711 and searching on this will bring up many photos. it is a bit of a made up plane from crashed components, scrapped components and rebuilt components. Some was made new, there was a photo of some woood being soaked in the guys bath who restored it. I doubt it could ever be restored to flying condition, but anyway through I would mention it and link to a photo as an example.

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5629162&nseq=5
PeterF is offline Find More Posts by PeterF
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:03 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterF View Post
I visited one of my local air museums today (Yorkshire Air Museum), I had never been before and surprise of surpises they had a Mosquito, a night fighter version, I did not know until I turned up, quite interesting having a look around. The light was quite low in the hangar and my pictures did not turn out very well. The plane is registered at HJ711 and searching on this will bring up many photos. it is a bit of a made up plane from crashed components, scrapped components and rebuilt components. Some was made new, there was a photo of some woood being soaked in the guys bath who restored it. I doubt it could ever be restored to flying condition, but anyway through I would mention it and link to a photo as an example.

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5629162&nseq=5
Nice photos Peter I wish I could go see one up close and a night fighter to boot!

Bruce
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:04 PM
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2012
31 Posts
Hi Bruce:

Here are a couple of short videos of my 81" BT DH Mosquito, to provide some inspiration for completing your project. You can look forward to having a very fine flying airplane.

Regards,
Tom

Tom Wolf's 81" DH Mosquito FBVI (0 min 29 sec)

Notice the rudder work on the early part of the take-off!

Tom Wolf's DH Mosquito: Fast fly-by (0 min 25 sec)
TRWolf is offline Find More Posts by TRWolf
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:41 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,139 Posts
Thanks Tom just can't get seem to get back on it here lately going to soon though.

Bruce
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:53 AM
Joined Jun 2007
403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinterz25 View Post
Thanks Tom just can't get seem to get back on it here lately going to soon though.

Bruce
No pressure Bruce! most of the planes i have built have involved periods of inactivity the break will do you good
rupert the bear is online now Find More Posts by rupert the bear
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:11 AM
No Hangar Queens!
Maryland
Joined May 2009
1,657 Posts
Really Bruce, It will get done. Like my Helldiver, its been put off until I am ready to complete it. I've got two other small projects going right now and will have one more in a week. The work you have done already is a testament that your commitment to this build should never be questioned.
Willsonman is offline Find More Posts by Willsonman
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:49 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,139 Posts
Thanks for the vote of confidence rupert & willsonman maybe santa will bring me some new toys or parts for my builds to get me a kick started to get back on it once again!

Bruce
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:28 PM
Waiting for the paint to dry.
Pasadena Maryland
Joined Oct 2009
1,233 Posts
We all step back from time to time, but RC aircraft are one of the best hobbys to pic back up again as it seems we cant put them down for long hehe.
Trout
ctrout is offline Find More Posts by ctrout
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:15 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrout View Post
We all step back from time to time, but RC aircraft are one of the best hobbys to pic back up again as it seems we cant put them down for long hehe.
Trout
Thanks Trout you and yours have a MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
AND EVERY BODY ELSE AS WELL!

Bruce
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:19 PM
Jersey, St Peter
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Santa came early!

Dear Santa!Can you send me something different from socks this year?[ATTACH][ATTACH]Name: 007.jpg
Views: 51
Size: 77.9 KB
Description: Lol.Santa came up with the goods![/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Thank you Mr Traplet!
All you guys have a brilliant Christmas and equally brilliant New Year!
motrio is offline Find More Posts by motrio
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:37 AM
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2012
31 Posts
Hey Bruce

I ran across this French on-line forum that has an 81" BT Mosquito build blog. I thought you might be interested in seeing it. If you are like me, you'll have to be content to look at the pictures (I don't speak French... ). Scroll down the page to see some photos of his flap setup.

http://www.modelisme.com/forum/aero-...taylor-19.html

Tom
TRWolf is offline Find More Posts by TRWolf
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:46 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRWolf View Post
Hey Bruce

I ran across this French on-line forum that has an 81" BT Mosquito build blog. I thought you might be interested in seeing it. If you are like me, you'll have to be content to look at the pictures (I don't speak French... ). Scroll down the page to see some photos of his flap setup.

http://www.modelisme.com/forum/aero-...taylor-19.html

Tom
Thanks Tom Merry Christmas to you and your family and a Happy New Year.

Bruce