HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:37 AM
Jack of all master of none
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,471 Posts
Well the poor folks that were just hit by Sandy in the north east that still don't have power and in some cases shelter are getting ready for yet another storm this time it's a winter Noreaster witch could bring up to 12" of snow 40 mph wind gusts and storm surge on the coast mostly to the area just hit by sandy. This storm will be heavy wet snow sleet and wind that will bring down the power lines that have just been repaired and should start late tonight through Thursday. This is yet another very unusual storm system and can't be predicted very well just where and how much these people will get.

God help them,

Bruce
splinterz25 is online now Find More Posts by splinterz25
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:49 AM
Buddha
United States, PA, Sellersville
Joined Apr 2011
236 Posts
Thanks for your concern.

Rick
R. Martin is offline Find More Posts by R. Martin
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:46 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2003
142 Posts
Oh man, that sux! Our thoughts are with you guys! Hold Fast. Good Luck.
Toast is offline Find More Posts by Toast
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:55 PM
Joined Jun 2007
462 Posts
Just saw the Mosquito doing low passes over lake Karapiro, STUNNING! absolutely @#%*% STUNNING
I thought it would just sound like a couple of Spitfires, but it is better than that
rupert the bear is offline Find More Posts by rupert the bear
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:18 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2003
142 Posts
Oh yeah! Sounds brilliant eh?
Caught up with Roddie yesterday. Great to touch base and put a face to the avatar! He's off to see the mozzie later this week - very cool!
Toast is offline Find More Posts by Toast
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:17 AM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,471 Posts
Toast it's cool that you and Roddie hooked up and even cooler that he's getting the chance to check out the mossie him self. I wish I could travel to the other side of the world my self and see it but I'll just have to wait until it makes it way here to the USA Virginia Beach then I'll make the trip and see her. Still haven't done much w/ my build been doing the whole social thing w/ my new friend and planning a late fall camping trip for the beginning of the Thankisgiving week to Harper's ferry WVA - MD if the weather stays nice.

Bruce
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:47 AM
No Hangar Queens!
Maryland
Joined May 2009
1,699 Posts
On that trip you will probably pass right by me. No worries. We know you are building basically a replica... only smaller here. We do not want to rush you.
Willsonman is offline Find More Posts by Willsonman
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:51 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,471 Posts
Willsonman we were going to go to Cunningham falls state park but there closed for the season and most of them up that way are now I'm guessing because of deer hunting season is now open, but I thought some of them use to let hunters stay there. People must have abused that right or were discharging there guns in an unsafe manor, there was a private camp ground up there we went to when I was a kid CROW'S NEST it's closer to camp David but it must be closed now there still listed on the web but no one answers the phone.So any way yea I'll wave as I go passed Frederick Monday and thanks for your kind words I'l trying to to a good likeness of the mossie, my thoughts just aren't on the old bird right now winter is just about here and so I will be getting back to it soon.

Bruce
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:17 AM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jun 2012
188 Posts
Bruce and all. The guys are building a new Mossie, Glyn (the builder) has a series of modules to create the fuselage and a large number of formers for the various bracketsm struts etc…..Together with Mike they building a new Fighter/bomber and have a large library of drawings of most of the various types of Mosquito’s. I was allowed to clamber, in around, through and take lots of pics.
On the flaps the hinge point is lower and down than the radius centre so that the flaps move away and down from the wing. Each flap has two hinge points see pic. also see the machine gun.
Roddie is offline Find More Posts by Roddie
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:24 AM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,471 Posts
COOL Roddie thanks for the great photos that's just how the movement is on my builds flaps, now I just need to make time and finish one! Just a bit under the weather here right now with a chest cold and suppose to be going cold weather camping on Monday .

Bruce
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:21 AM
Joined Jun 2007
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinterz25 View Post
COOL Roddie thanks for the great photos that's just how the movement is on my builds flaps, now I just need to make time and finish one! Just a bit under the weather here right now with a chest cold and suppose to be going cold weather camping on Monday .

Bruce
Camping with a chest cold sounds like a bad idea, drink lots of hot lemon honey and copious amounts of Disprin, it normally works for me
rupert the bear is offline Find More Posts by rupert the bear
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:10 AM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupert the bear View Post
Camping with a chest cold sounds like a bad idea, drink lots of hot lemon honey and copious amounts of Disprin, it normally works for me
Thanks rupert I'm on the mend and still have all weekend to get even better and the weather looks to be nice as well.

Bruce
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:43 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Palos Verdes
Joined Sep 2012
12 Posts
I've been following this "Build Thread" with much interest....nice to see the contributions of the Full Scale documentation details that have been offered! Big thumbs up!!!

For some reason, the lines of this airplane have always appealed to me....it was one of my "best" plastic kit projects I ever accomplished, back when I was just beginning to model...one that was a "first" that I was actually proud of!! (LOL)

To anyone who has built an R/C version, is it a good flyer? Looking at the wing planform, seems it might be......
767Captain is offline Find More Posts by 767Captain
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:54 PM
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Nov 2004
337 Posts
Hi 767Captain and welcome along. See the flying section and short video from my build, which ro sumarise, yes it is an excellent flyer and easier to fly compared to initial expectations on my part. However, as with anything like this with tapered wings do not let it get too slow as it can tip stall quickly.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post23264587

Peter.
PeterF is offline Find More Posts by PeterF
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:14 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Palos Verdes
Joined Sep 2012
12 Posts
THANK you, Peter!!

Much appreciated.

(BTW....some of my best layovers were in the UK. And, in Ireland, too....sorry, but I have Irish roots...LOL...With a name like "Duggan"?? What else?)

Too bad a potato doesn't have wings. eh? I'd find a way to make it fly......
767Captain is offline Find More Posts by 767Captain