HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:07 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2003
142 Posts
Good luck for Sandy guys! Our thoughts are with you. I hope you all get out of it un-scathed.

Cheers
Brett
Toast is offline Find More Posts by Toast
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:12 PM
Jersey, St Peter
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Agree with Toast.Good luck guys.!
motrio is offline Find More Posts by motrio
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:25 PM
Jack of all master of none
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,466 Posts
Thanks Guys I't starting to get bad the worst will come during the night if were still here in the morning with power then we have a chance but the whole east cost will be a mess and cost MAJOR $$$$$$ to get everything up and running again. I'm glad I stocked up my pantry really good after the last snow event we had a few years ago and I couldn't get out to get food, I think I'm covered this time.

Bruce
splinterz25 is offline Find More Posts by splinterz25
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:05 PM
Plane Nuts
United States, NC, Hendersonville
Joined Oct 2009
408 Posts
Everyone stay safe with this storm. It's going to be a pretty bad one.

Here in the mountains of NC (near Asheville) we have had sustained 40+ winds for over 24 hours with gusts of 80+. Have had a 2" branch driven through my roof as well last night sometime - first time that has ever happened to me. Supposed to get either a slushy icy mess tonight and tomorrow or 1-3" snow. Been loads of fun so far - and I moved from Florida for this???

Rob
RobMason is offline Find More Posts by RobMason
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:21 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2003
142 Posts
Its the Bart Simpson conudrum... Big man eating snakes and high crime or the odd monster storm and 20 foot snow drifts... At least you are less likely to be shot where you are now. :-)
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:41 PM
Plane Nuts
Joined Oct 2009
408 Posts
Have never seen this before - even after 18 yrs in Florida. Dead crumbly branch speared cleanly through my roof from a tree 50+ feet away.

Rob

Stay safe
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:43 PM
Plane Nuts
Joined Oct 2009
408 Posts
Toast - no kidding, that's why I left

Rob
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:27 AM
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Palmerston North
Joined Mar 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMason View Post
Have never seen this before - even after 18 yrs in Florida. Dead crumbly branch speared cleanly through my roof from a tree 50+ feet away.

Rob

Stay safe
Hope you are all safe and well
grahamj4 is offline Find More Posts by grahamj4
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:45 AM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,466 Posts
Thanks motrio,graham,toast ....well just speaking for myself we still have power and the winds have calmed down quite a bit now but it's still raining and will continue to do so all day and night but I think the worst has passed

Bruce
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:16 AM
No Hangar Queens!
Maryland
Joined May 2009
1,699 Posts
Agreed. Power went off then on 5 times for us but nothing sustained. I count myself lucky and reports of 85,000 homes in MD without power now. Crazy flooding in areas. My commute to work was entertaining. A covered shopping cart stand in the parking lot of a grocery store looked like a mangled pile of steel.
Willsonman is offline Find More Posts by Willsonman
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:41 AM
Plane Nuts
Joined Oct 2009
408 Posts
Glad to hear everyone is ok.

Rob
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:38 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2003
142 Posts
Good news that you guys are fine! Was weirdly sureal knowing a whole lot of people I know are at risk of loosing their homes/lives while I sat outside last night having a beer on a beautifull calm and warm evening... Still, we are getting an increasing number of earthquakes here lately, so it may bite me in the a**e at some stage!
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:23 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jun 2012
188 Posts
Toaast I agree with you, here the weather is fine, beatiful, sunny and calm. I will be in New Zealand for a couple of weeks soon.
Bruce, glad you are Ok as my son is only about couple of hundred miles north of you so I hope he is alright to. He said all was OK.
Have watched the news about the storm, and the effects. The cleanup and the overal costs are going to be tremendous.and the after effects will be high and take a long time to fix.
Look after your selves guys Rod
Roddie is offline Find More Posts by Roddie
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:13 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2003
142 Posts
Roddie, where in NZ are you going? If you are going to be close I will shout you a beer (a kiwi one...!)
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:57 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,466 Posts
Thank you guys We were very lucky here in Maryland even thought there was quite a bit of damage here it's nothing compared New Jersey and New York from what I have seen so far there is no beach left on the entire coast of New Jersey.

And the storm surge was such that it moved fright train boxcars on top of over passes and it's my guess that they wont have power back there for over a week.

My light flickered twice but never went out but I live in a very unusual place I'm on the same power grid as BWI Marshall ( Bailtimore international airport) and have only lost power here once in 18 years.

I'ts good to know we've all become such good friends even though were half a world away.

Rob glad you weren't standing in front of that stick, or that it didn't go through a window and hit one of your family, I see it's still snowing up in the mountains of West VA. and on down the whole App. mountain range how much snow did you end up with?

Bruce