SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:52 PM
Jack of all master of none
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,260 Posts
Alright guys I continue to make parts and modify the ones I already have made I'm taking my time here, I want everything just right be for any soldering is done.
I have had a few people ask to see how this will work? I have to admit it's hard to tell what is going on here unless you have made this be for and even then it may be hard to see where I'm going w/ this. I have taken some photos w/ the parts in the down and then retracted but it's just the music wire, I had to make some clearance on the mounting block by beveling it and I've also made a grove all the way around the main crank music wire for the set screw to have a good place to grip once set. have a look the photos tell it better than I can, and then if you have any questions just bring them on.
splinterz25 is online now Find More Posts by splinterz25
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:05 AM
Joined Jun 2007
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Rain rain rain.... The forecast here is for rain for the next 2 weeks! One day summer will arrive.....!

Great work guys! Starting to collect bits for my Mozzie project next year. The flap system is great info. Gotta make it scale on my bird now.

Cheers
Brett
I am sure it will be fine for labour weekend!!
rupert the bear is offline Find More Posts by rupert the bear
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:56 AM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jun 2012
169 Posts
Hi Bruce, I been active on the build. But I must look after the wife and my other interests to, like gym, programming and travelling. So I have completed the rudder, tailplane and started on the fuselage. Have taken photos and post the relevant ones below. With the fuselage I always wanted to cover with planking and taper to the tail. Big mistake but I am stuck with it. Have looked at your recent posts and amazed at the progress keep up the good work, no magnificence work. An inspiration to all of us.
Roddie is offline Find More Posts by Roddie
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:55 AM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
Hi Bruce, I been active on the build. But I must look after the wife and my other interests to, like gym, programming and travelling. So I have completed the rudder, tailplane and started on the fuselage. Have taken photos and post the relevant ones below. With the fuselage I always wanted to cover with planking and taper to the tail. Big mistake but I am stuck with it. Have looked at your recent posts and amazed at the progress keep up the good work, no magnificence work. An inspiration to all of us.
YES Roddie I never saw the appeal of doing all that PLANKING so much gluing and time fitting each piece and the extra weight of the glue,that's why I showed how I did mine with sheets wet w/ alcohol.

And yes you still have to cut angles in them but there's way less gluing involved.

Oh and I understand about family first, I'm a single parent myself and raised two kids on my own after my wife passed eight years ago.

Your work looks really good and it looks like you've been really steady after it to have gotten this far this fast.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to your next post,

Bruce
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:43 AM
One step at a time......
Canada, BC, Courtenay
Joined Mar 2011
19 Posts
Amazing work Bruce!
For a cabinet maker you do really nice work with the brass!
I'm watching
bwigger is offline Find More Posts by bwigger
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:58 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwigger View Post
Amazing work Bruce!
For a cabinet maker you do really nice work with the brass!
I'm watching
Thanks bwigger notice the JACK OF ALL MASTER OF NONE I also use to do some silver smithing and was also an engraver for a short while, I worked with most materials in one way or another I also use to make custom acrylic tables w/ brass bases and I just ended up a cabinetmaker once I got married and had kids.

Bruce
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:33 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,260 Posts
I had a guy on RCSB tell me I shouldn't make the grove all the way around the main crank wire and it had been bothering me ever since, the reason I did that was so I would have one less thing to line up when soldering SO I WENT BACK and REMADE the main wire and this time just put a small semi round spot on the crank for the set screw. other than that I haven't really done much just thinking maybe to much thinking?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:44 PM
Plane Nuts
United States, NC, Hendersonville
Joined Oct 2009
391 Posts
Looks good Bruce - I'm still lurking. Have started a new job and haven't flown mine again, but soon will have it up in the air again.

This thread has a great video of the NZ Mossie - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post23048465

Rob
RobMason is offline Find More Posts by RobMason
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:40 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,260 Posts
Thanks Rob I'm still building just slowed down a bit going to try and finish the flaps this weekend just the one side and maybe start o some lights on the same wing then all I have to do is go back and do it all to the other wing but I'm in no hurry

Bruce
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:12 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2003
142 Posts
Thats the awesome thing about scale modeling. Enjoy the journey AND the destination!
Toast is offline Find More Posts by Toast
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:49 AM
Joined Jun 2007
425 Posts
Not much room in the full size!
rupert the bear is offline Find More Posts by rupert the bear
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:06 AM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2003
142 Posts
Sweet! Good to see Glyn got a ride. Bet he was buzzing!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:37 AM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,260 Posts
Thanks for the photos Rupert man that is tight and no comfort can't imagine how they were able to handle long missions and you couldn't be a big chap to even fit in the cockpit.

Bruce
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:11 PM
Plane Nuts
United States, NC, Hendersonville
Joined Oct 2009
391 Posts
Sort of wild that a 152 has a bigger cockpit than a 400 mph 2 seat WWII fighter bomber with over 3400hp. :-)
RobMason is offline Find More Posts by RobMason
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:33 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2003
142 Posts
She's built for speed not comfort! That pic makes it look a lot larger than it really is!