HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:08 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2003
142 Posts
Ooohhhhhh noooo, Weather forcast is pants! Rain and windy all weekend. This is not good for running an airshow.... They wont want to get the Mozzie wet.
Toast is offline Find More Posts by Toast
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:11 PM
Jack of all master of none
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Ooohhhhhh noooo, Weather forcast is pants! Rain and windy all weekend. This is not good for running an airshow.... They wont want to get the Mozzie wet.
That sucks for you guys sorry to hear that Toast I hope there like are forcasters and are wrong

Bruce
splinterz25 is offline Find More Posts by splinterz25
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:22 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2003
142 Posts
Yep, me too. Will travel up Friday anyway as we are staying on the base itself in a hanger not far from the mozzie. Might be able to get a sneaky peek!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:55 AM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2003
142 Posts
mossie1 (1 min 30 sec)

Taxi tests today on a closed runway... close now but will they make it for Saturday?
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:39 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2003
142 Posts
Message form a mate who was there.....
Well, 3 people from the NZJMA watched the ground run around 10.00am. Observed the refueling carried out. Thorough pre flight as you would expect. Pilots climbed on board, started those Merlin's up, taxied to the east of Ardmore taxi way, Merlin's run up, brisk taxi to the West holding point. Mosquito A114 aimed down the run way, full power, tail up, wheels off the tar seal, she's flying, dam impressive, did 3 circuits of Ardmore, vacated to the training area,probably for upper air tests and checks, then to Mangere for a landing. Followed by the Trojan as a chase plane.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:48 PM
Scale Builder
United States, AZ, Litchfield Park
Joined Jul 2002
2,467 Posts
Absolutely magnificent!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...count=1&ref=nf
Chad Veich is offline Find More Posts by Chad Veich
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:24 PM
Plane Nuts
United States, NC, Hendersonville
Joined Oct 2009
380 Posts
Hot Damn - a mossie back in the air
RobMason is online now Find More Posts by RobMason
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:33 PM
Plane Nuts
United States, NC, Hendersonville
Joined Oct 2009
380 Posts
more pics - https://www.facebook.com/ned.dawson....7915882&type=1
RobMason is online now Find More Posts by RobMason
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:37 AM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2003
142 Posts
Some more vids to get the juices flowing...

De Havilland Mosquito aircraft Landing Akl Air NZ Hangar 1st Landing after rebuild (0 min 56 sec)

De Havilland Mosquito aircraft Taxi out Akl Hangar NZ (0 min 38 sec)

Worlds Only Flying Mosquito - Taxi After Maiden Flight (1 min 3 sec)

Mosquito Test Pilot POV.wmv (2 min 46 sec)
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:58 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2003
142 Posts
Chad Veich? Not THE Chad Viech from the corsair group build?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:45 PM
No Hangar Queens!
Maryland
Joined May 2009
1,658 Posts
Pretty sure it is.
Willsonman is offline Find More Posts by Willsonman
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:19 PM
Jersey, St Peter
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
AWESOME!Great to see a beautiful bird gracing the skies again!To one and all who made it possible.Thankyou!
motrio is offline Find More Posts by motrio
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:56 PM
One step at a time......
Canada, BC, Courtenay
Joined Mar 2011
19 Posts
An update and some bad news

As I indicated a few weeks back that I had my Mosquito almost finished and would hopefully have it in the air by the end of the season. Well it didn't turn out that way.
This project has been a hassle and plagued with little issues ever since I started it.
One problem fixed another one crops up.
This time, when I adjusted the servos, the left flap servo froze up and I had to replace it. And in doing so, I messed up the bell crank . It's in the wing and I may need to chop into it to fix it.
Not only that, but another servo, for my left throttle, did a 180 on me and it is now toast.
So I'm stuck. I have decided to put the project aside so that I calm down and research some solutions.
Thanks to all of you fellows for working on those projects and it's nice to see that there are still people out there restoring these planes. Great job!
I've included some pics for you to look at.

Ben
bwigger is offline Find More Posts by bwigger
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:58 PM
One step at a time......
Canada, BC, Courtenay
Joined Mar 2011
19 Posts
BTW. If any of you could show me how you did your flaps and servos, I'd really like to see how you did yours.
Ben
bwigger is offline Find More Posts by bwigger
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:07 PM
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Nov 2004
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwigger View Post
BTW. If any of you could show me how you did your flaps and servos, I'd really like to see how you did yours.
Ben
Ben, it is looking good, sorry to hear about the problems. Glad the exhausts have turned out OK. Anyway, if you look at my thread you will see I put the flap servos into the wheel wells and drove them direct rather than through bell cranks and this works a treat. I also arranged the horns so that when the flaps are down there is little torque on the servo.

See My flap servo for a link to my page with an embedded Youtube clip of it working to see it. There will be other photos in the build showing the flap servos such as the one I have attached below.
PeterF is offline Find More Posts by PeterF