HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:11 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2003
142 Posts
ITS ALIVE!!!!

The issue was a small fuel leak. Sorted now both engines are running!

IMG 0563 (0 min 32 sec)

Seven days and counting..........
Toast is offline Find More Posts by Toast
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:59 AM
Jack of all master of none
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,471 Posts
WAY COOL THANKS TOAST You have to be getting pumped now sounds like it should a day of big fun and pride for all of you New Zealander's have a great time.

Bruce
splinterz25 is online now Find More Posts by splinterz25
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:02 PM
Jersey, St Peter
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Nice to see Mossie on song.Gave me more encouragement!Name: 004.jpg
Views: 66
Size: 85.6 KB
Description: First half of fuse before planking.Wasn`t sure if I was going to build L/H to the plan.

Name: 005.jpg
Views: 97
Size: 112.6 KB
Description: Sod it!Decided to build second half on the fuse already built.

Name: 007.jpg
Views: 64
Size: 82.3 KB
Description: Retract down.Will have to make new axle as the retract assy came  with too small a wheel but the geometry works

Name: 008.jpg
Views: 74
Size: 89.9 KB
Description: The ribs in the laser kit come with cut outs.Decided to use them.Planking is 1/8 liteply,all glued in to provide strength for the fuse and snakes.
motrio is offline Find More Posts by motrio
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:13 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motrio View Post
Nice to see Mossie on song.Gave me more encouragement!Attachment 5176006

Attachment 5176007

Attachment 5176009

Attachment 5176010
I like your upside down photo that's a trip

why did you leave the half of centers in your formers?
READY FOR SIDE TWO!!

Bruce
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:56 PM
Jersey, St Peter
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Sorry about photos.Still trying to get my head around this posting lark!Left some of the formers in for a bit more strength in the airframe .Might be just me being overzealous but allowed me to make sure that when I built the 2nd part of fuse,it all squared up.Seems to have worked ok!
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:44 AM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,471 Posts
Quote:
Sorry about photos.Still trying to get my head around this posting lark!Left some of the formers in for a bit more strength in the airframe .Might be just me being overzealous but allowed me to make sure that when I built the 2nd part of fuse,it all squared up.Seems to have worked ok!
Are you going to build a foam cradle to hold the first half level and flat so you don't get a twist in it?
What you have done so far looks very strong and your making great progress looking forward to seeing more.

Bruce
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:18 PM
Jersey, St Peter
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
I think we are all lucky/fortunate that there are guys like yourself and others posting your progress.One of the most important things about a build of this size is the quality of your building board.A friend gave me a fire door!Straight and true.All through what I have done is checked,checked and checked again!(Just hope my yardstick aint bent!)lol
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:38 AM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,471 Posts
Quote:
I think we are all lucky/fortunate that there are guys like yourself and others posting your progress.One of the most important things about a build of this size is the quality of your building board.A friend gave me a fire door!Straight and true.All through what I have done is checked,checked and checked again!(Just hope my yardstick aint bent!)lol
Yes but are you going to build a foam cradle?and put that on a very flat board?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:06 PM
Jersey, St Peter
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Made a foam cradle.Sorry Bruce for not making clear.God am I having fun building this!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:14 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,471 Posts
Any new photos?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:50 AM
United States, FL, Ocklawaha
Joined Apr 2009
57 Posts
While researching to sell off several of my giant scale plans, I stumbled onto this thread and WOW! decided to keep 10 year old BT plans to build this Mossie. I have lots of wood, wish I had equal amounts of time. I'm not intimidated easily by a project even such as this, I've been scratch and kit building since 1976. But thanks to all contributing to this build - it's like having a 'class' with all the basics.

I would like to make one request, some how I'm having difficulty finding specifics on posts explaining the 2 piece joiner in the middle. If you guys hadn't figured this out, I would have sold plans.

John
propnator is offline Find More Posts by propnator
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:12 AM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by propnator View Post
While researching to sell off several of my giant scale plans, I stumbled onto this thread and WOW! decided to keep 10 year old BT plans to build this Mossie. I have lots of wood, wish I had equal amounts of time. I'm not intimidated easily by a project even such as this, I've been scratch and kit building since 1976. But thanks to all contributing to this build - it's like having a 'class' with all the basics.

I would like to make one request, some how I'm having difficulty finding specifics on posts explaining the 2 piece joiner in the middle. If you guys hadn't figured this out, I would have sold plans.

John
John can you be more clear on what it is you are looking for?
Are you talking about the two haves of the FUSE?
Bruce
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:05 PM
United States, FL, Ocklawaha
Joined Apr 2009
57 Posts
Sorry, getting a little too excited. I'm referring to the wings sectioned in half. How did you beef up linear connection - structural integrity of main spar? I think I saw completed wings locked inside fuse, but there was mention of extra reinforcement (aluminum) necessary for something.

Thanks for such quick reply!
propnator is offline Find More Posts by propnator
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:19 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by propnator View Post
Sorry, getting a little too excited. I'm referring to the wings sectioned in half. How did you beef up linear connection - structural integrity of main spar? I think I saw completed wings locked inside fuse, but there was mention of extra reinforcement (aluminum) necessary for something.

Thanks for such quick reply!
No problem start at page 10 report #137 there several beef ups that have been added and if you still have questions .. just ask

Bruce
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:10 PM
Jersey, St Peter
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Gave your link to one of the local guys,Stinson,P38 and Mossie builds.Saw him today and told me"F@@K he is bloody good".You may have a new blog buddy!