HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2012, 06:59 PM
Jack of all master of none
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,151 Posts
Peter.. those are very nice wheels but pricey here are some other ones that I found they have nylon or alum. hubs neither are scale but I will just cast some hubs and glue them on the tire is foam inside and rubber tread and side walls very light and the price is right also. OH yea there 1 3/4" width these are close to scale.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFV60&P=SM
splinterz25 is offline Find More Posts by splinterz25
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2012, 07:21 PM
Joined Apr 2012
48 Posts
Have had the laser cut parts for about 18 months now, when I saw your build details, I though I would get into it.
joneswag is offline Find More Posts by joneswag
Old May 02, 2012, 07:24 PM
Joined Apr 2012
48 Posts
Tried to put photos up but they didnt appear?
Old May 02, 2012, 07:29 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneswag View Post
Have had the laser cut parts for about 18 months now, when I saw your build details, I though I would get into it.
Great I've been waiting for some one else to post there build of a mossie there are very few of these planes being built and even less being posted! So please post your build and if you don't want to start your own thread then post your progress here. May be we can get the other guys out there to start building there's also and they can also post there progress here if they want also.
Old May 03, 2012, 01:27 AM
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Nov 2004
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinterz25 View Post
Peter.. those are very nice wheels but pricey here are some other ones that I found they have nylon or alum. hubs neither are scale but I will just cast some hubs and glue them on the tire is foam inside and rubber tread and side walls very light and the price is right also. OH yea there 1 3/4" width these are close to scale.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFV60&P=SM
Yes, those are the ones I have used on my Mossie, Sullivan SkyLite, but they are not the lightest I have found and you ill probably need the extra spring with these.
PeterF is online now Find More Posts by PeterF
Old May 03, 2012, 09:03 AM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,151 Posts
Yes peter I think I will try the SkyLite wheels from Sullivan anything lighter than that I would think may not hold up to many landings and most of the weight will be from the steal used in making the landing gear.

that's when it's good to have those 95's to handle the extra weight!
Old May 03, 2012, 04:16 PM
Joined Apr 2012
48 Posts
Hopefully his time I can get he pictures up
Old May 03, 2012, 09:44 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,151 Posts
Alright ...joneswag looks like you have made a good start make sure your parts are right on the print so it will match the second half ..mine were off a bit so I had to make adjustments but this type of building can be tricky. With the FUSE you will do the same thing...BUT if I had to do it over I would build the second half directly on the first checking every thing w/ a straight edge and a square.

Bruce
Last edited by splinterz25; May 03, 2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old May 03, 2012, 11:05 PM
Joined Apr 2012
48 Posts
Funny you should mention, parts not lining up. I had to move 2 of the spars. Going to build mine in he same sequence as you. This is my first big build, biggest up until now is a 36", so happy to be coached.
Old May 03, 2012, 11:45 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,151 Posts
Quote:
Funny you should mention, parts not lining up. I had to move 2 of the spars. Going to build mine in he same sequence as you. This is my first big build, biggest up until now is a 36", so happy to be coached.

joneswag check report #16 to see the extra gussets that I added and where the hinge blocks go I added them after the two haves were glued together and used one thick piece of hard balsa.... much better for mounting your hinges and you don't have to drill through dry (hard) glue. just a small tip

ps I see your a kiwi Cool always wanted to go down there, I don't know if your last name is Jones but that's mine.

Bruce
Last edited by splinterz25; May 03, 2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old May 04, 2012, 12:22 AM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,151 Posts
I did some more on the mounting brackets and just about finished 8 of them and ground another swivel mount and rough out to blocks for the shafts so they can hook to the pin that goes through the mounting bracket.
Old May 04, 2012, 01:31 AM
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Nov 2004
332 Posts
Quote:
Hi, I sort of follow this build because it is showing me how I should have done some things (aileron drive system etc.) on my build which is now flying. Have a look at my build log on RC Scale Builder - you will need to register to view but that is free.

http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/...TID=14905&PN=1

The plane is a great build and flies well and you will enjoy it I am sure. You can always PM me with any questions.
PeterF is online now Find More Posts by PeterF
Old May 04, 2012, 05:59 AM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,151 Posts
Quote:
joneswag.... Do you plan to build your wing in two pieces also?
Old May 04, 2012, 03:28 PM
Jersey, St Peter
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Gonna stay with this blog Bruce.Looked at Petes.The amount of effort for a scratch build is great.For someone who has this amount of patience to create the parts you have made is enlightening.That is coming from a qualified engineer who worked on Rolls Royce Merlins!
motrio is offline Find More Posts by motrio
Old May 04, 2012, 03:38 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motrio View Post
Gonna stay with this blog Bruce.Looked at Petes.The amount of effort for a scratch build is great.For someone who has this amount of patience to create the parts you have made is enlightening.That is coming from a qualified engineer who worked on Rolls Royce Merlins!
Not sure what your telling me motrio???