SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Timmer001, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:43 PM
fan stops pilot sweats!
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Aug 2007
76 Posts
Rant
To all you pizza delivery drivers out there

im sorry but that 2 bucks your joint charged me for delivery was going to be your tip. moneys tight for me and Christmas or no Christmas, 17 bucks for a "$12.99" pizza is just too much for me.
Timmer001 is offline Find More Posts by Timmer001
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:20 PM
Keremeos, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2004
2,639 Posts
You are hitting the wrong guy. Most drivers depend on tips for survival, whereas the pizza joint depends on repeat business. Give the guy his tip, phone the joint and tell them "never again".
TLyttle is offline Find More Posts by TLyttle
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:34 PM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Maitland
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
chatch15117 is offline Find More Posts by chatch15117
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:51 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,383 Posts
^ ^ ^ With extra cheese. Or even a $ Kroger with extra cheese and pepperoni.

Plus, many ads are saying "$10 any size any style any toppings" but that's pickup.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:44 AM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,489 Posts
I spend about 100 nights a year in hotels and used to order pizza all the time. The price just kept going up so now I go out and eat most of the time. I can go to one of the chain places like Applebees or Chilis and have steak for less than the pizza costs.
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:39 AM
Build it, don't buy it
Calgary, AB, Canada
Joined Apr 2008
2,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
You are hitting the wrong guy. Most drivers depend on tips for survival, whereas the pizza joint depends on repeat business. Give the guy his tip, phone the joint and tell them "never again".
+1, always tip pizza drivers generously. It is also an investment in future service, If they have 5 pies to deliver, who do you think is going to get theirs first.

Although, I seldom order pizza anymore, too expensive, and I make a far superior pie myself, for a tad less money.

Carey.
foamnpacktape is offline Find More Posts by foamnpacktape
Old Dec 17, 2011, 01:19 PM
Jacksonville, FL 32244
Joined Apr 2004
165 Posts
I "tip" myself because I make my own pizzas, and mine are a LOT better than pizzas from anywhere else. Time to prepare: 5-7 minutes. BIG secret: Cooked on STONE in oven, pre-heated to 450 degrees. Cook time: 6 minutes. Clean up time: 3 minutes. Time from start to finish: 16 minutes max. Time to eat: No hurry! Cost: Depends on how many ingredients and how much. Price range: $3-$8. (Sorry, recipes are mine.)
carrinsr is offline Find More Posts by carrinsr
Last edited by carrinsr; Dec 17, 2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 01:49 PM
Build it, don't buy it
Calgary, AB, Canada
Joined Apr 2008
2,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrinsr View Post
I have a "tip" for you. I tip myself because I make my own pizzas, especially because mine are a LOT better than pizzas from anywhere else. Time to prepare: 7 minutes. BIG secret: Cooked on STONE in oven, pre-heated to 450 degrees. Cook time: 6 minutes. Clean up time: 3 minutes. Time from start to finish: 16 minutes. Time to eat: No hurry! (Don't ask...my recipes are mine...sorry.)
That is some seriously fast yeast your using.

Don't really agree with the stone thing being a big secret, unless the whole oven is made of it, and fired with wood of course. With a modern oven a stone is unnecessary, as its primary benefit is its insulating value, keeping the bottom relatively cool, much like a stone oven. Preheat and start hot, don't leave the door open too long, and it is unnecessary IMO.

The big secret to good pizza is keep the sauce simple: crushed tomatoes, and a bit of basil. Adding a bit of grated Parmesan to the sauce will also make the cheap cheese they call mozza nowadays taste far more premium.

Regards,
Carey.

PS: My pizza is better than yours.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:53 PM
Keremeos, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2004
2,639 Posts
We used to buy the Kraft pizza kits and start from there. An acceptable pizza with all the toppings you want or need, cheap and quick. Now we make our own crust, and go nuts from there, with a dash of sweet chili sauce in some tomato paste, 2 or 3 different cheeses, good sausage, onions, mushrooms, on and on. Cooked for 15 minutes on a stone. Just the best, NO pizza joint will ever match that!
Old Dec 18, 2011, 10:56 AM
Build it, don't buy it
Calgary, AB, Canada
Joined Apr 2008
2,201 Posts
Quote:
We used to buy the Kraft pizza kits and start from there. An acceptable pizza with all the toppings you want or need, cheap and quick. Now we make our own crust, and go nuts from there, with a dash of sweet chili sauce in some tomato paste, 2 or 3 different cheeses, good sausage, onions, mushrooms, on and on. Cooked for 15 minutes on a stone. Just the best, NO pizza joint will ever match that!

That brings back memories, as a child helping mom make it; spreading out the sauce, sprinkling on the little packet of herbs and the packet of powdered cheese. IIRC pretty decent for what it was, and like you said, a good starting point.

What a guy really needs is a wood fired stone oven in the backyard, intend to build one next spring. Then I'll surely have the best pizza, bread, and roast chicken.

Perhaps we could put the matter to rest at some point. If they still have that big electric event in Chilliwack, hmmmm.... flyin, pizza, and kokanee, that sounds nice. Might even be able to entice carrinsr up here, and I am sure quite a few others might have delusions of grandeur when it comes to their pizza.

Regards,
Carey.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 12:11 PM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Maitland
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
I LIEK THOSE PIZZA LUNCHABLES

the best evur
chatch15117 is offline Find More Posts by chatch15117
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 19, 2011, 03:37 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,078 Posts
Quote:
+1 they guy who delivered it has nothing to do with corporate decisions. You have a choice though spend 4 bucks in gas a do a pick up.
Mike
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:34 PM
Keremeos, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2004
2,639 Posts
Kokanee? Geez, Pat, why not offer real beer? The Murcans will enjoy it, but there are many other (IMHO) better choices up here!

'Course, I was raised in the era of Red Cap Ale, 11% AND flavour. I was into jalopies and stockers then, and the Yanks used to show up to show us how Things were Done. A few Red Caps, and they couldn't find their crs, never mind the track...
Old Dec 25, 2011, 03:27 AM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
simple solution.... little cesars 5 dollar pizza. yummy.

I make it a practice to tip extra around the holidays cause I know most people will tip less. in the range of 50%
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Dec 25, 2011, 08:42 AM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
simple solution.... little cesars 5 dollar pizza. yummy.

I make it a practice to tip extra around the holidays cause I know most people will tip less. in the range of 50%
Of all the fast food pizza places I like Little Caesars the best personally.
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance