HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:11 AM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddiK View Post
You can, but right now you must make your own cable (unless something has changed).
Hi:

You might have missed my follow up post on this one! We do have the cable required already. It's the same one as you'd use to interface to a 10s XH compatible charger; e.g., i-charger 1010b. Here's the link to it on the REVO USA webstore:

http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/...2/MPA-XH-X10_2

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:16 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
206 Posts
Sorry, I missed it-Icharger-yuk!
ReddiK is offline Find More Posts by ReddiK
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:01 AM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Aug 2011
45 Posts
I only now understood that I have to change the balance connector type on my PL8. I have already charged some lipo with the wrong connector type setting. Does it only impact the IR results?
alexvan is offline Find More Posts by alexvan
Old Feb 19, 2012, 05:47 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvan View Post
I only now understood that I have to change the balance connector type on my PL8. I have already charged some lipo with the wrong connector type setting. Does it only impact the IR results?
Hi:

It depends on the cell count of the battery pack. In any case, no damage can occur to anything. You might get a "cells don't add up" Safety Code or similar if you have this setting wrong.

Rules of thumb:

Whenever using Revolectrix adapters, they already convert "other brands" wiring schemes to FMA WIRING MODE.

When using the MPA, always set for XH WIRING MODE. This device is the first "native" XH adapter we have produced. This is because we want it to work with "other brands" of XH chargers; e.g. i-charger.

I know this might be a little confusing at first, but if you understand why we did it, then it should be more intuitive.

Tim Marks
Old Feb 19, 2012, 05:48 PM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,796 Posts
My LHS ordered me one, any idea when there will be enough stock to get those orders filled?
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:21 AM
Joined Jan 2002
88 Posts
Our next shipment which includes a large quantity of MPA's is scheduled to arrive the first week of March. We have the date of availability listed on the REVO USA site as March 9.
Jamie Marks is offline Find More Posts by Jamie Marks
Old Mar 06, 2012, 07:39 PM
Joined Jul 2008
31 Posts
Ec3

Tim,

Is there any time line for the MPA with EC3?

Thanks
vanhey1 is offline Find More Posts by vanhey1
Old Mar 09, 2012, 10:30 AM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhey1 View Post
Tim,

Is there any time line for the MPA with EC3?

Thanks
Hi:

There are no plans to produce MPA with EC3 connectors at this time. We do have tentative plans to produce a model where each pack +/- terminates to bare wire so customers can add the connectors of their choice. There is no time-line for this version as of yet.

Tim Marks
Old Mar 09, 2012, 10:37 AM
Joined Sep 2003
2,796 Posts
did they come in? my LHS has one ordered for me....
Old Mar 09, 2012, 02:20 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Marks View Post
We do have tentative plans to produce a model where each pack +/- terminates to bare wire so customers can add the connectors of their choice.
That's what I orignally wanted. But the more I think about it, the less I like it for my needs. I remember thinking I would never want for anything more than Deans. New models join the fleet and the next thing you know, there's a mass conversion to EC3s. A little time passes, the honeymoon is over and I'm looking for something better. After a little heartburn a new crimper and bulk order of APPs is on the way. Some more time passes and a 700 shows up. APPs would work, but EC5s would be better, much better. Not mention, help reduce the ESC damaging ripple.

The point is that regardless of how convinced I am that I've settled on a single connector, something changes, a new need arrises a new connector shows up. The MPA with the very compact Deans with short adapters provides the greatest flexibility now and into the future. Just my two cents.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dual Powerlab Case Project
Old Mar 09, 2012, 03:06 PM
Joined Jan 2002
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosheldon View Post
did they come in? my LHS has one ordered for me....
The next ocean shipment cleared US Customs today and we will have the goods at FMA on Monday or Tuesday of next week. All backorders will be filled at that time.

Jamie Marks
FMA Direct
Old Mar 09, 2012, 03:28 PM
Joined Sep 2003
2,796 Posts
thanks, I need this critter! The perfect friend for my PL8...
Old Mar 09, 2012, 04:52 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2008
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Marks View Post
The next ocean shipment cleared US Customs today and we will have the goods at FMA on Monday or Tuesday of next week. All backorders will be filled at that time.

Jamie Marks
FMA Direct
Hope there is one left. I have been waiting to order the PL6/MPA combo. Just waiting for them to show up. I don't want to place the order until they are in. I hate waiting on backorders.
dusty14 is offline Find More Posts by dusty14
Old Mar 09, 2012, 05:45 PM
Joined Jan 2002
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty14 View Post
Hope there is one left. I have been waiting to order the PL6/MPA combo. Just waiting for them to show up. I don't want to place the order until they are in. I hate waiting on backorders.

There is plenty of stock on this shipment.

Jamie
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:32 AM
Tombsy
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jan 2009
117 Posts
I was trying to charge two 1s 150mah eflite type batteries with my PL6/MPA and keep getting a cell count/node wiring error.
I'm using the small cell preset set for a 1c charge with 2p. If I only charge one it works fine set to 0p am I setting something wrong?
Pescador is offline Find More Posts by Pescador