HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by AirborneGeek, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:25 PM
"Yes, it's my real hair."
United States, VT
Joined Nov 2011
29 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Totally Legal and FREE TurboCAD Deluxe v12.5 License and Software Download

This is an older version of TurboCAD from circa 2006. It's still very powerful though. This is a free, no-strings-attached, legitimate license offered by a software resale company in Britain. The software and serial number can be downloaded from their site. You need to go to the actual TurboCAD website to get your activation code for the software.

STEP #1
Go to this URL and enter a name and email address. (Probably better to use a "disposable" email address to avoid the chance of being spammed in the future, eh?)
http://www.softwareparadise.co.uk/pr...D_v12.5_Deluxe

After submitting your name and email address you'll be given a link to download the software as well as a serial number. The serial number will allow you to install the software but an activation code will be needed to actually run it.

STEP #2
Go to http://activate.imsisoft.com/ and enter your serial number, preferred language (english), PN (phone number), and email address. Click on the "Go" button and you'll receive your activation code to enable the software. You might not want to give your real phone number. That's OK, the form doesn't know or care.

STEP #3
Run TurboCAD v12.5 and choose to activate the software "By Phone". You won't actually call anyone, this is just a method to manually enter the activation code rather than let the software contact the TurboCAD server to automatically fetch an activation code. Enter your activation code.

STEP #4
Enjoy your fully legal and licensed TurboCAD v12.5!

Notes:
Detailed instructions: http://www.mydigitallife.info/turboc...tion-key-code/

This free offer has been going on for some time and has been mentioned occasionally in this forum but I thought I'd post it in it's own thread and in plain view.

It has been reported that this version does not run well on Windows Vista or Windows 7. I use only Windows XP so that's no problem for me.

The software installation includes a detailed User Manual in PDF form.

For more information on this free TurboCAD give-away, Google the words free turbocad 12.5 deluxe.

To confirm the legitimacy of this offer, you may contact IMSI (the owner of TurboCAD) Mon-Fri, 8:00am to 5:00pm PST at 1-800-833-8082 or contact them at CustomerSupport@imsidesign.com
AirborneGeek is offline Find More Posts by AirborneGeek
Last edited by AirborneGeek; Dec 17, 2011 at 12:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2011, 02:35 PM
United States, FL, Edgewater
Joined Nov 2010
166 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
Excellent! I figured this would be some fake link that was going to crash my computer. THIS IS REAL PEOPLE!!! I just installed the program and will be learning it through the tutorial today, and tonight. Thank you for the info and the links!
no1isnormal is offline Find More Posts by no1isnormal
Old Dec 16, 2011, 03:22 PM
the right to remain silent
United States, NC, Lincolnton
Joined Jan 2011
392 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
Yep, it works
It is very similar to the Turbocad Designer that I have been using but with more features.
So far it works fine on Windows Vista

---edit:
Turbocad would not issue an activation code to a serialized version if it was not legitimate (trust me, they would know)
Viewing a 3D drawing in Vista is not very smooth (could be my PC though)
This version of Turbocad will not read .TCW files from Turbocad Designer
Caveman_Don is offline Find More Posts by Caveman_Don
Last edited by Caveman_Don; Dec 16, 2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 03:38 PM
Too much to do not enough time
Wisconsin
Joined Sep 2010
273 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Thank you for posting this! This is extremely helpful!
BobaFett1138 is offline Find More Posts by BobaFett1138
Old Dec 16, 2011, 04:31 PM
Oops - That's gonna hurt!
USA, WA, Okanogan
Joined May 2010
50 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Very helpful. Who can afford an expensive CAD program to learn with in their spare time. Certainly not me. Thank you for the Christmas present

Harry
harryg69 is offline Find More Posts by harryg69
Old Dec 16, 2011, 06:17 PM
United States, VT
Joined Nov 2011
29 Posts
I researched this TurboCAD give-away and found that it was a joint venture between PCW (Personal Computer World, a British computer magazine) and Software Paradise (currently the biggest UK software reseller) a few years back. At that time the current version of TurboCAD was 16 and they were giving away version 12.5 on the CD packaged on the cover of PCW magazine. PCW magazine went out of business as of June 2009. Obviously, through some business contract with the publishers of TurboCAD, the partnership acquired unlimited licensing rights to TurboCAD Deluxe v12.5. With PCW out of business that would leave Software Paradise with the remaining distribution and licensing rights.

It is interesting to note that although you can download the software from Software Paradise and receive the serial number (all serial numbers issued are the same, by the way) you have to go to the TurboCAD website to complete the licensing and receive the activation key.

I emailed customer service at TurboCAD yesterday to check on the validity of the deal. As of the close of today I've not received a reply. Maybe they're busy or maybe TurboCAD isn't too pleased with having to issue thousands of activation codes for software that isn't that much different, as far as 2D capabilities, from their current product. I'll email Software Paradise and see what they have to say. Not because I doubt that this is on the up-and-up but just because I'm curious and want to know what the story is.

Please do not share activation codes or the serial number in this thread. I want to keep it 100% clean and lawful so everyone can benefit. Thank you for your cooperation.

References:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_Computer_World
http://www.mydigitallife.info/turboc...tion-key-code/

Below is an image of what an issue of PCW magazine looked like with the attached CD. Evidently there would often be free versions of popular software issued on the CDs. Can any of our British forum members comment on the CDs accompanying PCW magazine?
Last edited by AirborneGeek; Dec 16, 2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 06:40 PM
United States, HI, Kapolei
Joined Jan 2007
1,440 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
thank you now i can fiddle wit hcad.
question though i did all the required registration and received my SN# do i wait for it in the mail or whare do i DL the program?
TIA
Carl
smkn951 is offline Find More Posts by smkn951
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:14 PM
Jarhead
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2011
94 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by smkn951 View Post
question though i did all the required registration and received my SN# do i wait for it in the mail or whare do i DL the program?
TIA
Carl
The serial number is in the page that loads right after you submit your email address.
wheelbarrowjack is offline Find More Posts by wheelbarrowjack
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:03 PM
United States, VT
Joined Nov 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smkn951 View Post
TIA
Carl
The serial number and link to the software is on the page that loads right after you submit your name and email address.

Here is the direct link: http://www.softwareparadise.co.uk/of...eluxe-12-5.zip
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:19 PM
United States, FL, Edgewater
Joined Nov 2010
166 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
I was only able to download the software through the link in my email they sent after i gave email, and name.
no1isnormal is offline Find More Posts by no1isnormal
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:28 PM
United States, VT
Joined Nov 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1isnormal View Post
I was only able to download the software through the link in my email they sent after i gave email, and name.
The link in Post #9 works fine for me in Firefox 8.0 and Internet Explorer 8.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:40 PM
USA, MO, Greenwood
Joined May 2010
7 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
Downloaded to Windows XP and Ready To Fly

Used all the info and downloaded to Windows XP. Works great!! Question - How can you enter the activation code. I answered later and not online or by phone. Will it expired in 30 days if the activation code is not enterered? Thanks for all the effort and sharing on our behalf to be able to enjoy CAD
Postalflyer is offline Find More Posts by Postalflyer
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:56 PM
the right to remain silent
United States, NC, Lincolnton
Joined Jan 2011
392 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postalflyer View Post
Used all the info and downloaded to Windows XP. Works great!! Question - How can you enter the activation code. I answered later and not online or by phone. Will it expired in 30 days if the activation code is not enterered? Thanks for all the effort and sharing on our behalf to be able to enjoy CAD
I used "by phone" without any problems (you don't have to call anyone)
Caveman_Don is offline Find More Posts by Caveman_Don
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:19 PM
Too much to do not enough time
Wisconsin
Joined Sep 2010
273 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Works just fine on Vista for me. Time to learn how to use this... booyah... *is extremely giddy*
BobaFett1138 is offline Find More Posts by BobaFett1138
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:40 AM
United States, VT
Joined Nov 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman_Don View Post
I used "by phone" without any problems (you don't have to call anyone)
Correct, "By Phone" simply means that you'll enter the activation code manually rather than let the software access the TurboCAD company servers to get the activation code.

I screwed up by not putting that step in my original post. Sorry if it confused anyone. I'll edit the instructions.