SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 17, 2011, 06:55 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,583 Posts
Yep. I wonder how many Gents will actually try that with their DJIWKM, MK, UAVX, cat, dog, hamster, parakeet...
A fun and impressive trick though...

A KK does not have an accelerometer so that would be a no-go. The $30 Multiwiicopter has similar successful toss videos.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2011, 09:33 AM
EC-135 Driver
United States, IA, Burlington
Joined Nov 2006
1,141 Posts
I think I figured out why this is so funny...because all of us have been to this point...we're so frustrated with the thing that we just want to toss it and at least see it 'fly' for a second or two.

I've never actually made it to the point where I've thrown it though...so now...thank you!...I can just watch this and not have to throw mine.
500Driver is offline Find More Posts by 500Driver
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:00 AM
Joined Jul 2010
75 Posts
@500
You're very much welcome.

@jesolins
Would love to see videos of that. I'd love to try it out myself but creating the complicated and confusing wii FC might make me want to chuck it before even getting onto the frame. Hehe.
cinemacell is offline Find More Posts by cinemacell
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:46 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,583 Posts
Hi CC,
The Multiwii, like several other decent flying multicopters, can be a challenge for some to build and maintain properly, but it is much easier now with the multitude of plug and play boards that are available.

I took 30 seconds to do a search and found some other "toss" "throw" or "Frisbee" videos that Gents have made in the last year or so. Several by our firend Warthox:
The multiwiicopter:
Der Wegwerfcopter (Throw-A-Copter) (0 min 53 sec)

The TMF FH-X46:
FH-X46 - testflight no3 - frisbee (3 min 8 sec)

The TMF AQ-50D Pro:
tmf aq50d pro // testflight no3 (4 min 19 sec)

The OpenPilot Copter Control:
CopterControl Frisbee Test (0 min 33 sec)

There are no videos with the FY-90Q Pro as you started with in this thread. But maybe if some consecutive miracles happened like better firmware, perfect build, a practiced, experienced and lucky piloting it might just work

I imagine that with all these "Frisbee" tests on every flight controller made there are uh...portions of some videos that were not shown
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemacell View Post
@500
You're very much welcome.

@jesolins
Would love to see videos of that. I'd love to try it out myself but creating the complicated and confusing wii FC might make me want to chuck it before even getting onto the frame. Hehe.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:51 AM
Joined Nov 2011
6 Posts
One more:

MultiWii Stability Recovery (2 min 32 sec)
NicoLFRQ is offline Find More Posts by NicoLFRQ