HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2011, 03:39 PM
Joined Mar 2010
485 Posts
Can't wait to see the jet.

I'm going to try and fly a little Friday morning. Saturday and Sunday have been designated "no fly days" by the commander in chief!
SubManEric is offline Find More Posts by SubManEric
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2011, 07:31 PM
United States, GA, St Marys
Joined Apr 2008
24 Posts
New Chipmunk

My Chipmunk came in today. It has a 81.5" Wingspan. I have been gluing hinges all afternoon as well as priming the wing on my Aeronca Sedan.
The Chipmunk is Cub Yellow while the plastic pieces are painted yellow. The Chinese must be colorblind. Hopefully I can find paint that is a better match.
rfenster is offline Find More Posts by rfenster
Old Dec 28, 2011, 08:19 PM
Joined Mar 2008
44 Posts
Need Visual

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfenster View Post
My Chipmunk came in today. It has a 81.5" Wingspan. I have been gluing hinges all afternoon as well as priming the wing on my Aeronca Sedan.
The Chipmunk is Cub Yellow while the plastic pieces are painted yellow. The Chinese must be colorblind. Hopefully I can find paint that is a better match.
Post Pics, Post Pics!!!!!!!
Sir FlyAlot is offline Find More Posts by Sir FlyAlot
Old Dec 29, 2011, 03:53 PM
Joined Mar 2010
485 Posts
When will we see these new birds at the field???
SubManEric is offline Find More Posts by SubManEric
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:34 AM
Joined Apr 2008
24 Posts
Field

In a couple of weeks. I will be out of town all this week. I worked on the Chipmunk most of the day yesterday. I have it about halfway done.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 07:35 AM
Joined Dec 2011
14 Posts
To all club members:
The Saint Marys Mardis Gras parade is February 18th this year. Jeff is away right now so I wanted to see if there is any interest and support for the club participating in the parade with a trailer/float and/or just 'driving' some of our planes in the parade. The times we have done this in the past the crowds seem to appreciate it, most people are eager for anything that is not a local politician or local merchant! This parade is nice because it is not so hot as it is the Fourth of July. Just post responses/comments here.

Thanks.

Dave Simons
gasnomis is offline Find More Posts by gasnomis
Last edited by gasnomis; Jan 17, 2012 at 07:36 AM. Reason: correct spelling
Old Jan 21, 2012, 04:53 PM
Joined Apr 2008
24 Posts
I fired up the Chipmunk today. I should be at the field tomorrow, weather permitting, to maiden it.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:18 PM
Joined Mar 2008
44 Posts
ROB's Maiden Chipmunk

Video, Video, Video!!!
I should be back in country next Saturday. If it doesn't upset MaryLynne that I want to go to the field on Sunday after being around the world for 3 weeks, I will hopefully be out next Sunday. Rob, what's the ETA on the SECRET jet thingy?
Jeff
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:39 AM
Joined Apr 2008
24 Posts
Its still a work in progress. I might be getting that Decathlon today. I will post pics if I do.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 08:36 AM
Joined Dec 2011
14 Posts
Everyone,

I'd like to update our website with some current photos and news from club events, I hope to upload some photos from the Mardis Gras parade later this week. I would also like to 'feature' club member's planes on our home page, and place a different plane on there every two or three weeks. What do you guys think about that? Please post here or email to dmsimons@gmail.com photos of something you are currently flying or will be flying soon. Include information about it also to be posted. Things like size, power, likes/dislikes whatever you want to share with clulb members.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 08:01 AM
Joined Dec 2011
14 Posts
NEWS UPDATE! This Saturday, August 4, a staff writer from the Tribune and Georgian will be at our Clarke's Bluff field to photograph some planes and talk to our members for a local interest story. We encourage all members who are able to be at the field by 9:00 AM and bring your favorite planes!
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:21 PM
Macclenny
Joined Oct 2010
375 Posts
I would like to invite everyone to our next event. Sept. 27,28,29 th at Shadetree MAA in Glen St Mary ,Fl. We have a few RV elec hook ups on a first come first serve basis 5.00 per night. Come on down and have some fun. It is the Bud McMillan memorial / District 5 mini fest. 60/80 rules apply. Jeff look forward to seeing you if you can make it.
RcOverkill is offline Find More Posts by RcOverkill
Old Aug 10, 2012, 08:07 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Dec 2009
3 Posts
I new to Camden Co / St Marys. I need more info. Email me at masacote65@hotmail.com

Thanks.
Roland
rugburns is offline Find More Posts by rugburns
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:00 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
12,095 Posts
Hey Jeff-We have Matching Pepsi-Cola Reliants

I was dumfounded to see another Pepsi-Cola Stinson Reliant in your You Tube video. I built an electric powered Stinson SR-7 by short-kit-bashing Pat Tritle's 58" w/s SR-10. I ordered Pepsi-Cola graphics from Callie Graphics based on some pics I found of a 1937 SR-7 in Pepsi corporate livery. My model came out twice as heavy as Pat's prototype due to extensive inlaying, detailed cabin with functional doors and seats, beefed up landing gear and two-tone solarfilm and coverlite covering, etc. ,

Anyway, I hope your beauty of a Top Flight Pepsi-Cola SR-9 is still flying. After a few flights, my Reliants right wing parted company and rebuild took me 6 months. I'm still working up courage to remaiden it. I have had a long history of obsession with Stinson Reliants reaching all the way back to the early 50's.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Last edited by E-Challenged; Jan 17, 2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:49 PM
Joined Mar 2008
44 Posts
Matching Stinson Reliants

Thanks so much for contacting me. I hope you get this reply. It's funny, I did not know what size it was, but I used the pics I found of yours to help me complete mine!!! It really helped. I like doing stuff different, and when I finally got around to completing mine, I looked for a long time, narrowed it down to a couple, and chose the Pepsi Cola theme. Sorry to hear about your mis-hap, but glad she is ready to go again. Did you ever get to determine the cause of the seperation? At least you would know, and have a little more confidence to get her back in air for the first time. Question: Did you make the two venturi attachments on the bottom of the plane under the cockpit, or did they come with a kit? I would really like to add them but not sure how. Kind of neat seeing a replica of each other isn't it. Thanks again. Hope to hear from you. Feel free to email me at: jeffandmarylynne (at) tds.net . Jeff