Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:14 AM
Joined Dec 2011
14 Posts
Discussion
New Kings Bay RC forum!

We are a small club (approx 15 members) in southeast Georgia. we are about 30 miles due north of Jacksonville Flordia. Our website is www.kingsbayrc.com. I want to encourage all members to post here, and I will start a thread for our photos in the photos forum. That way members can upload photos directly and share with the rest of the club. Keep us i formed about your latest projects; communicate with other members and non-members here.
gasnomis is offline Find More Posts by gasnomis
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2011, 03:16 PM
Joined Mar 2010
441 Posts
Thanks for starting the forum! I look forward to participating.

The solo flight of the piper cub in the photos was today and it flew great. Congratulations!

/Eric
SubManEric is offline Find More Posts by SubManEric
Old Dec 18, 2011, 03:18 PM
Joined Mar 2010
441 Posts
Here's a video Jeff did of my recent Pfalz DIIIa, built from AerodromeRC kit. It flies great.

Pfalz Pflying.MPG (3 min 1 sec)
SubManEric is offline Find More Posts by SubManEric
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:36 AM
Joined Mar 2008
43 Posts
Weekend Fun

Great weekend at the field this weekend. Everybody had a good time and we had a good turnout both days. The only unfortunate incident was Sunday when something came loose in Rob's nice YAK and it attempted to dig to china. Only made it a couple of inches though. I will post the pic when I get home tonight on the "picture" thread. We test flew Fred's Pawnee since it's last maiden crash, Maidened Dave's new build of his 1/4 scale Electric Cub, (pics already posted), and did a short flight on my re-done 33% Extra 330L. Dave will be posting the thread addresses on the website soon. I hope all enjoys having a place to share stuff and chat. Go to town posting club pics and projects on the picture thread.
Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, and hope to see ya at the field soon. This is even a good place to post if you are going out on the weekend so others will know who might be there. I am going to get in the habit of trying to do that, and check it pretty much every night.
Happy Flying. Jeff
Sir FlyAlot is offline Find More Posts by Sir FlyAlot
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:46 AM
Joined Mar 2008
43 Posts
Hey all. Neat feature if you want to keep up on posts.
"Post" a reply, and down at the bottom of the page where you type your post is a selection that lets you get notifications when something is posted.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:05 PM
United States, GA, St Marys
Joined Apr 2008
24 Posts
Hello Kingsbay RC!

You all missed a great crash last Sunday. Check the photos link.
rfenster is offline Find More Posts by rfenster
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:27 PM
TractorMan
United States, GA, Kingsland
Joined Feb 2008
16 Posts
I like it. Good thinking Jeff. Merry Christmas everyone.
Tractorman is offline Find More Posts by Tractorman
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:32 PM
TractorMan
Joined Feb 2008
16 Posts
Rob, Sorry to hear about the loss buddy. You have had your share of the bad luck. Hang in there bud you are one heck of a pilot, things will get better.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:38 PM
Joined Mar 2008
43 Posts
Thanks Tony. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Hope you checked out the Picture forum too and signed up for "notifications" on both.
Anyway, I think it will be fun and good for the club.
**** Did you get to contact your GAS guy about a propane or fuel tank?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:44 PM
TractorMan
Joined Feb 2008
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir FlyAlot View Post
Thanks Tony. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Hope you checked out the Picture forum too and signed up for "notifications" on both.
Anyway, I think it will be fun and good for the club.
**** Did you get to contact your GAS guy about a propane or fuel tank?
Sorry I let it slip my mind. I will write myself a note and put it with the thousand other notes that I have on my desk and see if that helps. I will try to do better.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:45 PM
Joined Apr 2008
24 Posts
building skills

Well Tony, I can say my rebuilding skills are second to none!. However it is real hard to rebuild confetti. That yak was demolished. The fuel tank had embedded itself between the mounts and I had to forcefully pull it out. I have no idea what happened to the firewall!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:35 PM
Joined Mar 2008
43 Posts
New Thread

Tony, I don't know how you did it, but good idea on the seperate thread for the crash pics. I like it. Could you also make another one called " Kings Bay RC Modelers Videos"?
Thanks. Jeff
Old Dec 22, 2011, 10:18 AM
Joined Apr 2008
24 Posts
New Jet

Well, I have gone and done it. I bought a jet. I hope to have it ready to go sometime in January. I will keep everyone posted.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 11:55 AM
TractorMan
Joined Feb 2008
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfenster View Post
Well, I have gone and done it. I bought a jet. I hope to have it ready to go sometime in January. I will keep everyone posted.

Need pictures. At least give us some pics of the thing Rob. Can't wait to see it. Have fun on the build.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 02:03 PM
Joined Apr 2008
24 Posts
Jet

Well, I dont want to get to much into it. I want you guys to be impressed when you see it. I will say it set me back 999. Here is a pic that looks similar to what I have minus the twin engine. I still need to install the power plant and electronics.