SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 03, 2012, 12:50 AM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtMc View Post
Miss your posts around these parts, King. I'll bet you $5,000.00 you could whip my ass DS'ing on Parker Mt, at 6:00 a.m. sharp tomorrow morning Oh the good old days of busting F3Fer's balls I remmeber screwy squirrels, and a whole lot more funny ass DS forum lore...

Good lift to you and the other travelers, hope to see you all setting new PB's Might have to head down and catch some of this party. Good health, and Peace
Ds'ing and the people I got to know made it clearly the best part of my life.

I'm gonna tra and borrow a friends jw I built him 3yrs ago so I have something to fly. I guess I could build a zagi or wing warrior from my hobby people friends for about 100 bucks. Hell, just being on the hill hanging with great people and the wind in my face with a view is worth the world to me.
KingOfTheHill is offline Find More Posts by KingOfTheHill
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2012, 01:02 AM
HB cali
Joined Apr 2006
4,025 Posts
I have a plane or two you can fly JOe...

daboz is offline Find More Posts by daboz
Old Mar 04, 2012, 04:13 AM
PB of 733kph
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jul 2005
5,489 Posts
So everything for me is sorted apart from the 10 hours or so after I land on April 4th

Being bold and forward, my ideal would be to picked up by someone who could help me make sense of a strange land. Then maybe some visits to Spencers to go over some things on the K100. Then somehow getting to Kernville.

Could anyone help with any of those things?

Not trying to sound like a charity case, my funds are limited and may not be able to afford or figure out public transport, especially with a model box!
ALEX HEWSON is offline Find More Posts by ALEX HEWSON
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:10 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,647 Posts
My finances are very limited but I am as interested as the same things you are and I'll be in my dodge ram. Not sure if rain is expected since I don't have a cover on my bed but Ill be there until the 10th at the earliest probably the 12th
Old Mar 05, 2012, 11:26 PM
PB of 733kph
Joined Jul 2005
5,489 Posts
Cheers JOe, once I get to Kernville and meet up wirth Andrew (AVB) I will be sorted from then.

Just need collection from someone in the right direction (North or central to LAX) on the 4th so that things are easier for everyone
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2012, 12:31 AM
AvB
Wind, hill, ... I'm keen ...
Australia, QLD, Woody Point
Joined Nov 2006
4,589 Posts
Jarred has booked to arrive at 10am on the Tuesday. So I'll definitely hang out around Fermin or something till I go to pick him up. If you're still totally stuck Alex I will wait another day for you but I'd really like to get up to Kernville since the house is booked from mid Tuesday. So if anyone can bring Alex up after he arrives on the Wed, that would be great.
AvB is online now Find More Posts by AvB
Old Mar 06, 2012, 02:07 AM
PB of 733kph
Joined Jul 2005
5,489 Posts
I think I must smell or something lol ...

I'll give petrol money to anyone who can help pick me up and get me near Kernville.

Or being more bold, another option could be to hold out at someones place till they head to Weldon??
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2012, 08:20 AM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX HEWSON View Post
Cheers JOe, once I get to Kernville and meet up wirth Andrew (AVB) I will be sorted from then.

Just need collection from someone in the right direction (North or central to LAX) on the 4th so that things are easier for everyone
My fam where I'm staying is 1hr from lax and honestly made that run hundreds of times. Im up for anything but just let me know how it all goes and maybe we can work out a cool trip that day.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 02:28 PM
PB of 733kph
Joined Jul 2005
5,489 Posts
Oh I got ya. Sweet! That could be a plan.

If you could pick me up that day from LAX, and we managed to work out a visit to Spencers, and I filled your tank, could you get me to Kernville? Or even Bakersfield? I'm sure Andrew could pick me up from there. Just putting it all out there
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2012, 03:00 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,381 Posts
Thanks for the corro box Idea , definitely going to build one for my trip over next year
steve wenban is offline Find More Posts by steve wenban
Old Mar 06, 2012, 03:26 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX HEWSON View Post
Oh I got ya. Sweet! That could be a plan.

If you could pick me up that day from LAX, and we managed to work out a visit to Spencers, and I filled your tank, could you get me to Kernville? Or even Bakersfield? I'm sure Andrew could pick me up from there. Just putting it all out there
Kernville is a tad far since i won't have a plane but i could pick you up, head to Spencer's/fermin/anywhere near those area's and get you to Burbank... Burbank is about an hour from my parents place where im staying.

To help a DS buddy, i have no problem at all lending a hand at all, and it will be nice to shoot the shiz and see some mountains and just get back to enjoying the Socal Landscape
Old Mar 06, 2012, 03:57 PM
PB of 733kph
Joined Jul 2005
5,489 Posts
No worries. Sounds a plan then.

My flight lands around 1pm on the 4th, add an hour or two through customs
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2012, 05:56 PM
AvB
Wind, hill, ... I'm keen ...
Australia, QLD, Woody Point
Joined Nov 2006
4,589 Posts
I am a bit frustrated because I ordered new 3421 servos for the Wizard DSX, and the guy didn't tell me they didn't actually have the stated number in stock. I forgot to check and now everyone's out of stock. They should be in within the next week, but I'm breaking into a sweat about it!l

I'm working on a heavy Scratcho for the trip, so if anyone's interested there's a bit of a progress thread here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1607624&page=2
AvB is online now Find More Posts by AvB
Old Mar 07, 2012, 08:04 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,647 Posts
Ha! I said Burbank in my post. I ment Bakersfield.

Sorry about that.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 10:13 PM
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Feb 2011
844 Posts
Bakersfield is a heck of a lot shorter walk than Burbank!!!
Crash Prone is offline Find More Posts by Crash Prone