SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 16, 2011, 03:40 AM
More Motors, More Fun... :-)
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2008
685 Posts
Discussion
ESC Wire Length - Better to extend motor wires?

My friend has a giant scale plane that has motors located at what will be about four feet from the ESC. I understand that the ESC wires to the Lipo battery have to remain short, under 12 inches. We do not want to add capacitors, and we do not want to extend the battery to ESC wires.

The power system will use a Phoenix Ice2 HV 120, on 9S to 12S. Motor wires will be 10 AWG.

My question for the Castle Creations Support Team: will extending the ESC to motor wires to 4 feet (1.2m) be a problem for the Castle HV controllers?

Thanks!

Nick
nioa is offline Find More Posts by nioa
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: VQ Models T-34 Mentor 61.4"...
to remove ads between posts