HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 10, 2013, 10:32 AM
United States, FL, Ponte Vedra
Joined Dec 2012
208 Posts
The charging light no longer illuminates while the camera is off and plugged into the USB. When I turn the camera on it illuminates both yellow an red no problem.
toshik1 is offline Find More Posts by toshik1
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2013, 10:38 AM
France, Pays de la Loire, Nantes
Joined Sep 2010
174 Posts
Hi all,

I follow this topic, but still haven't read about this problem:

Heard my video when i setup my camera to video out ON (ntsc or pal, it's the same)
When video out is OFF, there isn't this ugly sound.

MINI0006 (0 min 10 sec)
alex_007 is offline Find More Posts by alex_007
Old May 10, 2013, 10:59 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_007 View Post
Hi all,

I follow this topic, but still haven't read about this problem:

Heard my video when i setup my camera to video out ON (ntsc or pal, it's the same)
When video out is OFF, there isn't this ugly sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD93Rpv82gY
Wow... that is a nasty new problem. Are you using an external power source plugged into the camera?
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; May 10, 2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old May 10, 2013, 11:18 AM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
I have the #16 with angle view.

I need a night vision camera? THERE IS? WHERE TO BUY????????
fr4nfx is offline Find More Posts by fr4nfx
Old May 10, 2013, 11:51 AM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jan 2012
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjiefke View Post
Do you have picture of the magnetic lens mounted to the camera? Did you glue it?
I also use this lens and build a housing for the #16 cam using a box of computer memory.
divemarc is offline Find More Posts by divemarc
Old May 10, 2013, 12:11 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshik1 View Post
The charging light no longer illuminates while the camera is off and plugged into the USB. When I turn the camera on it illuminates both yellow an red no problem.
The green LED will only turn on when the battery needs charging. It will not turn on when the battery is full.

Maybe the battery is no longer supplying the corect voltage for the charging IC to recognize properly. Does your battery still charge as normal even though the green LED is off?

The green charging LED is connected directly to the charger IC. It is, therefore, possible that the charger IC is not functioning properly. If your battery still charges OK I wouldn't worry about it.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old May 10, 2013, 12:13 PM
United States, FL, Ponte Vedra
Joined Dec 2012
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
The green charging LED is connected directly to the charger IC. It is, therefore, possible that the charger IC is not functioning properly. If your battery still charges OK I wouldn't worry about it.
Yes the battery charges fine, I just don't see the green confirmation light.
toshik1 is offline Find More Posts by toshik1
Old May 10, 2013, 02:32 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshik1 View Post
Yes the battery charges fine, I just don't see the green confirmation light.
If that's the case, then most likely the LED output (Pin #1) from the charger IC has died. The only remedy would be to replace the charger IC. No big deal if you can solder. The following ICs are compatible: SGM4054, SGM4055, TP4055, or AS4054. The 5 or 6-pin chip is located at the top edge between the battery power connector and the microphone on the side with the card holder, reset switch and USB socket. The pin in the middle, opposite pin #2 is not connected or may be missing. It depends on the model.

However, as long as the battery charges correctly, I wouldn't bother, The battery will be fully charged after max. 2.5 hours. I have a test camera which has been permanently connected to a power supply for many months and I can still record for ~35 minutes.

A word of warning: I don't recommend leaving your camera permanently connected unless nothing bad can happen in case your battery explodes or catches fire. You should never charge LiPos unattended anyway.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old May 10, 2013, 05:37 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4nfx View Post
I have the #16 with angle view.

I need a night vision camera? THERE IS? WHERE TO BUY????????
It's not here, for sure. Try using Google to search for the "night vision" camera you want.
Old May 11, 2013, 07:53 AM
Joined Sep 2010
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Wow... that is a nasty new problem. Are you using an external power source plugged into the camera?
No... Nobody have this problem too?

The cam is currently with the v0.67. Can someone repost me the v0.58 firmware. I'll try with this one... please.
Last edited by alex_007; May 11, 2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old May 11, 2013, 08:22 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,558 Posts
Quote:
No... Nobody have this problem too?
It's not been reported in this thread if anyone has experienced it. For clarification, is your camera actually connected to a TV or composite video monitor in that sample video, or is it disconnected with the video out toggled on? There is no audio capability in the video-out signal, which is totally separate from the recorded video signal, so it sounds like you may have some kind of fault in the video processor chip. If that is the case, I'd suggest contacting your camera vendor. If the camera is relatively new and has not had any kind of physical impact, you may be able to get it replaced if you don't mind returning the camera to the vendor.
Old May 11, 2013, 08:31 AM
Joined Sep 2010
174 Posts
Hi Tom,

Yes in that sample video my camera is disconnected to a TV or composite video monitor but with the video out toggled on.

The cam is currently with the v0.67. Can someone repost me the v0.58 firmware. I'll try with this one... please.
Old May 11, 2013, 08:43 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,558 Posts
Quote:
Hi Tom,

Yes in that sample video my camera is disconnected to a TV or composite video monitor but with the video out toggled on.

I'd much prefer that FW not be posted in this thread other than in my download post since those files are direct from the developer and you can be assure there has been no code corruption or manipulation. If you care to PM me with an email address I will send you the v0.58 FW, but I can pretty much assure you the latest FW does not have this problem and an older version will not fix it. You'd be just as well off to download and re-install the v0.67 FW if you want to try that. I think you have a hardware problem. Your choice!
Old May 11, 2013, 10:59 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconflyer View Post
hi guys, I recieved a new lens for my #16 and installed it, and did not have the problem stated above of the connector being wrong, but ever since I put the new lens in the camera has not been working correctly. it turns on fine, and the light turns yellow, but I cannot record with it, change it to photo mode, or connect it to the computer. it's almost as if it is in webcam mode, but it won't connect as a webcam either. any ideas?
Oh no, my camera is having the issues as you did! It cannot connect to computer, it turns red and then just stays yellow as the light. The shutter button doesn't seem to work either, in picture or video mode. Also I used a sd card reader, and my computer can't detect anything there(going to try to reformat the card) what did you do to solve the problem? I too have a D lens 16 808 V2.
Cheese5 is online now Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old May 11, 2013, 01:27 PM
Florida
Joined Mar 2007
891 Posts
mounting

Just posting how I mounted my cam to my rc eye one, this gets rid of any jello affect
yzguy is offline Find More Posts by yzguy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: wing wing z-84 fpv setup