SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:33 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchillesElbow View Post
Just wanted to give an update on my slight interference issues using vid out from the #16 v2 with a directly soldered wire...
By moving the wire further away from the board, I eliminate all the interference EXCEPT when it starts recording... Once recording starts there is some slight interference....
I could try a different type of wire perhaps...
But it will be a hassle to unmount the cam from the micro quad and resolder...currently it's livable..
Not tried this on a cam but you could try wraping the wire with tin foil and then a litle insulation tape over the top ,,this should act as a shield ,,,and its free
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:32 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
I just confirmed that 3.5V cutoff is dead on. About 10 seconds before the camera turned off I captured some brief voltage "spikes" down to 3.48V during 10 frames. Most of the time the meter showed between 3.49V and 3.51V. The last captured frame showed 3.50V!

I'll correct the 3.7V in the power post. It is definitely not correct or maybe was measured with V1, I don't know. Anyway, 3.5V is correct with V2.
OK... thanks. This is one prior test done with a regulated power supply, but on the #11 camera. That camera had severe audio and video noise problems starting at 3.7V per this test, but voltage where the camera shut down agrees with your test. The #11 eliminated the noise problem, but I can't recall if was through a circuit mod or FW revision to stop recording at the higher 3.7V. Anyway, that's where my recollection of the 3.7V originated.

But the main thing is how much time is left after the low battery warning in which to land an aircraft before losing video out! The camera only gave about 18 sec. warning in my early beta FW tests, and blocked most of the video image with the alert in the process! We should be thankful the developer was able to make the function much more useable with a nominal 1 min. warning and very small alert text that leaves most of the image fully visible.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:01 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,782 Posts
Mm my Low battery warning came on at 3.8v and cut off at 3.7v ...
Ill try another battery...
So far the 150mah gave me low warning in 6:30 and cut off at 7:30
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:39 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchillesElbow View Post
Mm my Low battery warning came on at 3.8v and cut off at 3.7v ...
Ill try another battery...
So far the 150mah gave me low warning in 6:30 and cut off at 7:30
The cutoff warning time agrees with what I measured, though I did not try to measure the voltage at the same time. I already had measured the recording time as being about 10 min. less than normal with video out turned on. Personally, I'm not too concerned with the exact voltage that triggers the low battery alert, but rather how much lead time that gives to land a plane safely.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:02 PM
Italy, Piedmont, Asti
Joined Jun 2012
205 Posts
Finally, we have the snow here too...

Saracchi con la neve (8 min 29 sec)
l.aluffi is offline Find More Posts by l.aluffi
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:21 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
The cutoff warning time agrees with what I measured, though I did not try to measure the voltage at the same time. I already had measured the recording time as being about 10 min. less than normal with video out turned on. Personally, I'm not too concerned with the exact voltage that triggers the low battery alert, but rather how much lead time that gives to land a plane safely.
My aim is to fly a micro quad a kilometer and back and record it on HD...
With all the weight savings I did I managed to eek out a flight time of 8-10 mins... And the test flights so far show a journey time of around 8 mins for the entire trip... So every gram counts... The 150 mah battery is 4g and just about makes it for the above formula... But it gives me less than 8 mins video time... With the #16..(more than 15 mins with a normal camera not recording)
Need to do a few more test and think about this....
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:45 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by l.aluffi View Post
Pretty - but it looks C O L D.
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:34 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by l.aluffi View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZPZr1FkMkw
Oh come on... I stuck through most of it to watch the landing! No landing!
Qrome is offline Find More Posts by Qrome
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:23 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1,782 Posts
FPV with the ducks at Fontainbleu Park (5 min 36 sec)

2 questions...
1) do u guys think I can focus the far elements of the picture more?
2) I am getting some vibrations on the camera... I suspect this is because the camera itself is uncased and the camera is not attached to the board except by the ribbon to support it I have wrapped the board and the camera with insulation tape, it holds the camera in place but its not rigid.. Any tips On How to make it more rigid?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:17 AM
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
does anyone can communicate with the manufacturer??

I was wondering if it would be possible to adjust the sensitivity of the the motion detection functionality
pimjan is offline Find More Posts by pimjan
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:28 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimjan View Post
I was wondering if it would be possible to adjust the sensitivity of the the motion detection functionality
You mean more than the settings that are available now?
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:31 AM
Joined Feb 2012
49 Posts
I've finished my new version of the 808 Media Manager. It is program made with AutoHotkey to work with the 808 keycam. It automates movs conversion with MP4Cam2AVI, speeds up access and management of files and automates edition tasks with VirtualDubMod.

Features:

Graphic interface located on the upper part of the screen to leave room for the folders windows below.

Information about the storage space used in the 808 memory card and the time the battery has been charging.

On-the-fly camera detection when plugged and unplugged. Interface information and functions change accordingly.

Graphic buttons with tooltips indicating their functions. Buttons become white or grayed out to indicate that they are enabled or disabled depending on camera detection, presence of files in the card, tasks being executed, etc.

'Copy and convert' button:
Movs are copied from the camera memory card to a temporary folder (a progress bar indicates the process) and MP4Cam2AVI automatically loads and converts them to avi. The movies are renamed to '808-random_number-000*.avi' and stored in the 'avis' folder (local folder). Photos are copied to the 'photos' folder. These tasks can run in the background.

'Move and convert':
The same as above, but the files are moved instead of copied. Therefore, the memory card is emptied.

'Show folders':
Shows the following folders on the screen in symmetrical arrangement: the one containing movs in the memory card, the one with converted avis and the one with edited avis. Videos are shown in thumbnail view and arranged by date.

'Edit avi':
You can drag and drop any converted or edited avi to this button. Virtualdub will automatically open the file and arrange the window so that the source and the output views fit on screen. While Virtualdub is opened, this button changes to 'Append'. Dragging an avi then means appending it to the end of video you have previously loaded.

'Save', 'Deshak and save', 'Mute':
These buttons are enabled and working while Virtualdub is running. 'Save' stores the video with Xvid compression in the 'edited videos' folder. 'Deshaks' runs the 'Deshak' filter in two passes to stabilize the video and then saves it, adding '-dh' to the file name. 'Mute' removes the audio from the video. The 'save' and 'deshak' processes can run in the background.

Some screenshots:
Camera off
Folders
Converting
Moving
VirtualDubMod
Deshaking
Gradius is offline Find More Posts by Gradius
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:19 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
I've finished my new version of the 808 Media Manager. It is program made with AutoHotkey to work with the 808 keycam. It automates movs conversion with MP4Cam2AVI, speeds up access and management of files and automates edition tasks with VirtualDubMod.
Looks good with possibilities. Are you going to make it available to test?
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:21 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradius View Post

Features:

Graphic interface located on the upper part of the screen to leave room for the folders windows below.

Information about the storage space used in the 808 memory card and the time the battery has been charging.

On-the-fly camera detection when plugged and unplugged. Interface information and functions change accordingly.

Graphic buttons with tooltips indicating their functions. Buttons become white or grayed out to indicate that they are enabled or disabled depending on camera detection, presence of files in the card, tasks being executed, etc.

'Copy and convert' button:
Movs are copied from the camera memory card to a temporary folder (a progress bar indicates the process) and MP4Cam2AVI automatically loads and converts them to avi. The movies are renamed to '808-random_number-000*.avi' and stored in the 'avis' folder (local folder). Photos are copied to the 'photos' folder. These tasks can run in the background.

'Move and convert':
The same as above, but the files are moved instead of copied. Therefore, the memory card is emptied.

'Show folders':
Shows the following folders on the screen in symmetrical arrangement: the one containing movs in the memory card, the one with converted avis and the one with edited avis. Videos are shown in thumbnail view and arranged by date.

'Edit avi':
You can drag and drop any converted or edited avi to this button. Virtualdub will automatically open the file and arrange the window so that the source and the output views fit on screen. While Virtualdub is opened, this button changes to 'Append'. Dragging an avi then means appending it to the end of video you have previously loaded.

'Save', 'Deshak and save', 'Mute':
These buttons are enabled and working while Virtualdub is running. 'Save' stores the video with Xvid compression in the 'edited videos' folder. 'Deshaks' runs the 'Deshak' filter in two passes to stabilize the video and then saves it, adding '-dh' to the file name. 'Mute' removes the audio from the video. The 'save' and 'deshak' processes can run in the background.

Some screenshots:
Camera off
Folders
Converting
Moving
VirtualDubMod
Deshaking
Looks like this could help many users who aren't familiar with the companion programs or don't want to have to boot them separately.

A couple of comments:

Why not use x.264 instead of xvid for the re-encoding during a save from Vdub? The x.264 library is open source could be included with Vdub. File sizes could be a bit smaller and might avoid further problems during playback if a user didn't have the xvid codec on their system.

It's probably not possible to determine with your programming method, but if you could tell if someone ONLY did some trimming of the original (e.g. used no filters), then the save function could use Vdub "direct stream copy" mode, eliminating the need to re-compile the video. The save function would then go at warp speed, with the final video still at full native quality just as it came from the camera.

I assume you intend to make this available for download somewhere?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:17 AM
Joined Feb 2012
49 Posts
I'm no expert with Virtualdub or video edition. I've used Xvid, as I could use any other encoder. I don't know the advantages and dissadvantages of them. In my videos I always cut some parts off. Can you do this, or apply any filter like Deshak and still save the video with Direct Stream Copy without recompiling it?

Anyway, the code is simple and editing it should be easy. In Virtualdub, for instance, it just goes very quickly through the menus, and selects the option you wish.

I made this for my personal used and, thus, it's conceived to adapt my needs but I suppose it can work fine for any user and I don't have any problem in offering it compiled and with the source code, but I'd like to test it in other OSs different from XP first.
Gradius is offline Find More Posts by Gradius