HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:23 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
I been searching up and down ... but does anyone know where to get a right angle USB Mini that has all 5 wires wired to the connector, so I can use the Video Output .. seems to be harder to find one ...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5X-Right-Ang...-/290834890329

But you will need to solder on your own wires..
VideoKing is online now Find More Posts by VideoKing
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:00 AM
hey whats burning?
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Oct 2007
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5X-Right-Ang...-/290834890329

But you will need to solder on your own wires..
These work great. I have used them also.
metalbender4by is offline Find More Posts by metalbender4by
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:02 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperviper View Post
Anyone has problem with battery power being drain off even u hv charged it fully overnight...ie the night before. Pls advise what is wrong...? tks!!
You haven't given enough information. Does the camera even turn on? Does it record, then shut down shortly thereafter. It could simply be your battery is dead and will not hold a charge.

If your camera works normally with power supplied by the car battery power cord that comes with the camera, it's likely the battery. If a new battery doesn't solve the problem, the camera could have a charging circuit failure.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:33 AM
The Android Developer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Mar 2012
408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppuxley View Post
Sorry,but I'm going to ask some dumb questions here. I don't know exactly what the above means, but I'm guessing it means even if the additional hardware could be added to the #16 there would never be a wireless App for ipad like the GoPro,but there could be for Android. So what might be possible?
I did search "wireless" and "ipad"but couldn't find much, apologies if I missed it.
There are no dumb questions; only dumb answers. Hopefully this is not one of them...

Wireless is not in the picture here.

Since Firmware v0.41, it is possible to directly update #16 parameters through USB communication (that is without using a configuration file).

Most recent version of Configuration Assistant (4.x.x.x) works that way for both Linux and Windows, but not for Mac OS X.

In a few weeks, there will be a new version of Configuration Assistant for Android phones and tablets, but there will not be one for iPhone or iPad .
therau2000 is offline Find More Posts by therau2000
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:40 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by therau2000 View Post
In a few weeks, there will be a new version of Configuration Assistant for Android phones and tablets
Wooohooo you da man looking forward to hearing more about it
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:07 PM
The Android Developer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Mar 2012
408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by therau2000 View Post
In a few weeks, there will be a new version of Configuration Assistant for Android phones and tablets, but there will not be one for iPhone or iPad .
Wooohooo you da man looking forward to hearing more about it
To give everyone interested in Android CA a heads-up...

1-Android CA uses Android Host USB feature to communicate with Camera; this feature is available only in Android 3.1 and above;

2-a (preferably right-angle) Micro USB to USB Female Host OTG Adapter Cable is required to connect Camera to Android phone or tablet. Contact recommended #16 sellers on eBay to get a price:
eletoponline365
digitalele889
novotm (U.S. store)

More later...
therau2000 is offline Find More Posts by therau2000
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:24 PM
Chris
The Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined Sep 2010
1,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghern View Post
Has anyone done any real life comparisons between the 808 #16 and the HK HD Wing?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._5MP_CMOS.html

On paper at least, the main difference appears to be the lack of case and video cables with the HD Wing.

So, is there a comparison of #16 and the HK HD wing camera?
Can't seem to find much on this or the old thread, or youtube.

Forgive me if there is...

Thanks
cmavr8 is offline Find More Posts by cmavr8
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:31 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmavr8 View Post
So, is there a comparison of #16 and the HK HD wing camera?
Can't seem to find much on this or the old thread, or youtube.

Forgive me if there is...

Thanks
Search YouTube for rcmodelreviews for a comparison with #11. He liked #11 better, so I'm guessing #16 would also be a winner.

I have all of the above, and don't like the slow exposure compensation with the HK cam. I tested most in similar AV applications, but not side by side.
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:35 PM
Chris
The Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined Sep 2010
1,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
Search YouTube for rcmodelreviews for a comparison with #11. He liked #11 better, so I'm guessing #16 would also be a winner.

I have all of the above, and don't like the slow exposure compensation with the HK cam. I tested most in similar AV applications, but not side by side.
Have watched it, thanks I was hoping for a direct comparison.
Thanks for the opinion also.

Looks like I'll prefer the #16.. Lens D
cmavr8 is offline Find More Posts by cmavr8
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:47 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmavr8 View Post
Have watched it, thanks I was hoping for a direct comparison.
Thanks for the opinion also.

Looks like I'll prefer the #16.. Lens D
Agreed, its lighter too, and I forgot the HK wing records in mjpeg, so skips frames about 10% in daylight. I did like the vibrator though, LOL.
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:35 PM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,269 Posts
Got my two new #16's and put them up on my SE5a. They seem to have slightly different color temperatures, but nothing too drastic to work with.

I accidentally set one of them to CONTINUOUS RECORDING which leaves a 2-3 second gap between 5 minute files, so I need to go in and change them.

Parkzone S.E.5a dual onboard cameras (4 min 6 sec)
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:07 PM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2012
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
You haven't given enough information. Does the camera even turn on? Does it record, then shut down shortly thereafter. It could simply be your battery is dead and will not hold a charge.

If your camera works normally with power supplied by the car battery power cord that comes with the camera, it's likely the battery. If a new battery doesn't solve the problem, the camera could have a charging circuit failure.
hi Tom, thanks for the reply. Well.. after the charging, the camera can be turned on but the recording only last 4-5mins, thereafter it cant be powered on. i hv changed to a new batt. similar problem.
viperviper is offline Find More Posts by viperviper
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:18 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperviper View Post
hi Tom, thanks for the reply. Well.. after the charging, the camera can be turned on but the recording only last 4-5mins, thereafter it cant be powered on. i hv changed to a new batt. similar problem.
OK, now try a recording with the car plug and USB power cable. If it records normally, your camera may have a defective charging circuit. Can you check the battery voltage after it's been charging for at least 2 hours (preferably 2-1/2).

Also, do a full deep format of the memory card using the camera's internal formatting process. Also try using a different memory card, freshly formatted. You can do the "in-camera" format routine using a GUI program that's linked for download here in Post #1. When connected to the GUI program, you should see what firmware is installed in your camera, and if it's out of date, you should get an alert to update it to v0.67. Do the update if applicable.

Report back on your findings.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:23 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarkson View Post
Got my two new #16's and put them up on my SE5a. They seem to have slightly different color temperatures, but nothing too drastic to work with.

I accidentally set one of them to CONTINUOUS RECORDING which leaves a 2-3 second gap between 5 minute files, so I need to go in and change them.
If you accidentally set loop recording on, were you doing anything with the Advance Image Settings (brightness, contrast, saturation, etc). The difference in color temperature looks like the two cameras might not have the same settings in that category.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:05 AM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,269 Posts
I just checked using the Java GUI (which I used initially) and both cameras say they're set CONTINUOUS RECORDING == OFF. Both cameras show all the exposure settings, etc., set to NORMAL, AUTO, DEFAULT, etc.

I'm not sure why I'm in loop record mode.
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson