Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubis View Post
Hello
I inject a target sound 18db 16000Hz points are to the algorithm 24db spectrum
see the two are perfect
The 808 Super # 16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDZnWC1CVtw

@+++
I've put these cameras in Nitro powered Tunnel Hulls and I had to use an external 65dB pad between the microphone and the transmitter to get useful motor sound. The trade-off was that I added a couple of ounces counting the cables. Now it looks like the attenuation is built in. How low is LOW I might ask?
fmimages is offline Find More Posts by fmimages
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:48 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmimages View Post
How low is LOW I might ask?
That's what I'm trying to determine. Until I get a definitive difference between low and high (in decibels), I have no way to tell how much lower it should sound.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:54 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,991 Posts
FAO FishyComics :-
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklet View Post
Er, when did this thread become a repository for your holiday videos ?

Who gives a damn where you are or what you are doing.

The thread is about aerial photography using the No16 camera.

Which bit of "Aerial Photography" don't you understand ?

You finally manage to string words together that make sense - and that was progress - and then you dump your holiday videos all over the thread.

Your actions caused the thread to be locked before, it seems you don't learn easily.
But that is the whole Idea - to get the tread locked again, and to frighten off new users with this pointless drivel.
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:05 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmimages View Post
I've put these cameras in Nitro powered Tunnel Hulls and I had to use an external 65dB pad between the microphone and the transmitter to get useful motor sound. The trade-off was that I added a couple of ounces counting the cables. Now it looks like the attenuation is built in. How low is LOW I might ask?
I don't know why Rubis used 24dB, but that's low. The phone mikes that these are built with (or were) are good at 50dB, human voice close proximity.

I'm sitting watching football on TV and my cell phone dB meter says 60 dB. I know the #16 works well at that, and I dont want any change, it might just get screwed in the process.

Those that want more attenuation can do as you sensibly did, or just put the cam in a box as per GoPro. Those that want better reception should look at getting a second mike, even an old #3, close to the action. Folks wishing for more gain should be aware that this will pick up extraneous sound as well as what they want, as well as potential distortion.
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:15 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevohaker View Post
Please help me. audio in my record is very bad.
No matter if it is ' low' 'medium ' or ' high ', I barely hear myself and all I hear is buzzing. That is with firmware 0.67 .
Now I installed 0.49 AVI and audio is much better , maybe even OK.
Thank you for contacting me via PM, and I will be very happy to answer right here on the post .

Your camera file you listened to was not to your liking, did you load up for us to examine as well?

a few things we can do to improve sound? and it is as simple as popping open the case, making a recording while the case is opened?

If the sound is improved, you will need to widen the mic hole, and careful how you do it, to wide wind goes in. For aerial flight purposes sound is unimportant?

For traveling as you mentions, is, and you have a perfect sound example a page ago of a person saying some words... and if you close your eyes you can imagine the scenery.

If your camera is no way as near that sound with the newest firmware, you should revert back to FW 36. And let the newest firmware for the beta testers.

The camera day one has hissing, feed back, Mic has a limit for picking up sound, when no sound is present you have hissing. How far is that, all depends on the scene.

The cam has a Low, med, hi for sound, I do not use any of the sound settings, even the db one's. that choice is up to you?

I hope this has helped you out

Revert back to Fw 36. and leave the newest one's alone, Why My video shows a excellent movie of what a keycam can do.

Thank you for your pm, and querry
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:15 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,305 Posts
This thread is now on page 808
hendrnk is offline Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:17 PM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,927 Posts
Post removed as the problem has been resolved
sparklet is offline Find More Posts by sparklet
Last edited by sparklet; Jan 03, 2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Problem has gone away
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:21 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk View Post
This thread is now on page 808
Not for long, FC is back
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:21 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
I don't know why Rubis used 24dB, but that's low. The phone mikes that these are built with (or were) are good at 50dB, human voice close proximity.

I'm sitting watching football on TV and my cell phone dB meter says 60 dB. I know the #16 works well at that, and I dont want any change, it might just get screwed in the process.

Those that want more attenuation can do as you sensibly did, or just put the cam in a box as per GoPro. Those that want better reception should look at getting a second mike, even an old #3, close to the action. Folks wishing for more gain should be aware that this will pick up extraneous sound as well as what they want, as well as potential distortion.
I agree that greater sensitivity is NOT what's needed, but rather less... much less in the low setting. The rumble from road noise, for example, though barely audible to the ear, can cause very large sound amplitude excursions to the much more sensitive (to low frequencies) electret microphone. This causes audio clipping and a "scratching or "static" sound in the video. The #16 has effectively controlled that, whereas some competing cameras have shown this tendency which was thought to be RF interference early on.

I'd like to see the Medium setting about -10 db down from high (about half as loud), and Low setting about another -10 dB down from Medium (half again as loud). Then motor and wind noise during an AV flight could be controlled in the native recording and not with after the fact editing.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jan 01, 2013 at 04:40 PM. Reason: cleaned up wording
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:36 PM
USA, OH, Marysville
Joined May 2010
373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xflyfun View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZHub...Vax4wMcXOVKiRA
#16 mounted on wing tip W/180* flip So I could work the power button.
Nice video. The F-18 fly great I like the landing gear.
jmdlcar is offline Find More Posts by jmdlcar
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Binding VLToys V212 Quadcopter
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:44 PM
USA, OH, Marysville
Joined May 2010
373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
This was posted up over in the Polaris thread. Thought you guys might find it interesting how the #16 has been used in this fpv set up with an extended ribbon cable to the remotely mounted cmos. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=19865
He also posted this video up a while before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L31z...ature=youtu.be
It not every year you could put a picture in the snow thanks for share of your video.
jmdlcar is offline Find More Posts by jmdlcar
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Binding VLToys V212 Quadcopter
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:51 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Hello,

1. What is the reason that B-lens has the ir-filter in front of the lens?
2. Knows someone the fixed aperture of the different lenses? Would be interesting to calculate depth of field with "dofmaster".

Thank you, rhineroo
rhineroo is offline Find More Posts by rhineroo
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:51 PM
France, Aquitaine, Blaye
Joined Jan 2010
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I don't quite understand what the picture is showing. Are the two traces showing the same sound source recorded by two cameras the same distance from the source but with two different volume settings? .
Ok Tom Frank

what I wanted to see what is the spectrum e left channel and the right lane and there is no difference in this is perfect Now I can make a spectrum analyzer with 3 settings 1 Low 2 Medium 3 High with the same micro ditance in 3 or 4 days is ok

Rubis
Rubis is offline Find More Posts by Rubis
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:01 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklet View Post
---------------------------------------------------

You posted that a few days ago "threatening" to pick up on anyone posting about off topic subjects, it also contains the usual lines of gibberish. !

You then dump your holiday videos onto the thread.

Short memory ?

You then follow up with this little gem today ........

---------------------------------------------------------------
As you see Crash74. many do just that already. They buy a Keycam808. they place up a video, and they show their thanks.

I doubt anyone will ever do that crash74. You are asking what you cannot change in these guys to do, is look outside the box?

As the title says and how you take it: and people will not see the humor in it?

The Keycam 808 , no matter what you do to the firmware, you cannot get it to perfection, it is always going to be updated, with all these tweaks, and corrections.

And that is why you see a excellent video in hand, and showing you what a kc808 can do.

Glad you enjoyed the clip, of the Keycam 808 in action.. none will see it that way

Shot on location. Shot with an Keycam 808. Any questions on the actual set up of the cam, can be asked. Any comments, more than welcomed.

-----------------------------------------------

Your chin is now wobbling because you were picked up on off topic posting.
You include the usual lines of non-sense which is typical of your posts.
You then carry on and invite questions about the way the camera was set up and used while you were on holiday. The thread is about aerial photography and NOT your holiday videos.

You have several threads that you attempted to get going elsewhere, why didn't you post all this drivel in there ? I guess you were afraid that the audience would be rather thin in numbers.

You keep cropping up - like the ghost of Christmas Past, typing gibberish and regaling everyone with your totally off topic nonsense.

I find it very offensive that you can't even be bothered reading your messages before plastering them all over this thread. You can post coherent sentences when you want, the rest of the time I guess you just can't be bothered doing it properly.

You were the prime cause of the thread being shut down before. Either buck up or shove off before it happens again. This thread has been of great use to many people but there is always one who has to spoil it. It will be a great pity if many people are prevented from accessing information on here because you can't, or won't, act responsibly and stop treating this thread as some sort of personal playground.
His intrusions are now "trolling-obnoxious behavior" in my book, one of the moderator target infractions warranting some kind of sanctions based on the decorum that this hosting service has set down. It's sad that someone will go to these extremes. I've reported his abuse to the forum moderators via the link in the upper right header of every post. I'd encourage every reader who is not amused by his actions to do the same. So far they've not done anything other than send me a warning for "personal attacks" on another poster. Maybe if there is enough kick back they will do something.

I have Plan B scoped out in this hosting service where a thread starter has forum moderator privileges, and can delete unwanted posts. But it would no longer be in the AP forum, though this thread would direct readers there with a link. If necessary, that will be my next action. The thread will continue, just in another location with a "No Fishing" sign posted.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jan 04, 2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:05 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubis View Post
Ok Tom Frank

what I wanted to see what is the spectrum e left channel and the right lane and there is no difference in this is perfect Now I can make a spectrum analyzer with 3 settings 1 Low 2 Medium 3 High with the same micro ditance in 3 or 4 days is ok

Rubis
The camera audio recording is monaural, so I'd expect the playback in stereo to be identical in left and right channels if that is what your picture shows.